PDA

View Full Version : MK Arms

malignity
12-07-2010, 04:25 AM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do a review of an FFL dealer here, so if not, please move this to the General Firearms Discussion.

I recently had my first interaction with new FFL holder Mike (mike186) of MK Arms. I must say, I was highly impressed.

PROS: First, I called around every gun store in the area looking for a Kel-Tec PF-9. Most places were out of stock, and ranged from $289-$379 Mike's price was $270. I posted in the Wanting to Buy section and he responded literally within 3-4 minutes with the gun I needed at a pretty close price what I was looking for. Mike was flexible with hours and was able to meet me in the middle of the day to sell the gun I wanted with about an hours notice beforehand. He was on time, even a little early, and took me into his warehouse and up to his 'office'. Upon arriving, the RI-60 was already filled out and on heavy duty card stock. Not thinking, I brought the exact amount asked, forgetting to consider tax, and he still sold me the gun on the promise I'd make up the difference at a later date which I intend to do. Mike also offered to sell me ammunition at or below Wal-Mart prices, which seem to be some of the best deals out there. He also mentioned that he does transfers for $20 at this time. Very cool.

CONS: I had a bit of a hard time finding the place. He gave me the address but it wasn't on the door of the warehouse, and the warehouse has multiple businesses. He said he planned on fixing this once the weather broke. Not a problem. His number was his cell, so I was able to navigate there. The only other issue was the 'death stairs' as he called them. (Lol) They're very steep steel stairs going from the warehouse floor to his office on the second floor. I am a tad afraid of heights and almost had to go down them backwards. He also said he planned on getting a real set of stairs soon. I told him it's completely understandable considering he just opened not long ago.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: I will definitely have my future firearms purchases through MK Arms. Mike seemed like a great guy, and his prices were pretty damn good. He said he'd be willing to do some price matching too. After I took my gun to the range, it turned out my gun had some malfunctions that may need to be fixed by the manufacturer, and Mike was more than willing to help me out with some practical solutions so I may not have to send it in. Overall I think Mike will be my new 'gun store' if I need stuff. I'm curious to see if he can get other things at a good price such as holsters, etc. That's yet to be seen.

MK Arms is located just south of 16 mile on Groesbeck in Clinton Twp. Contact user mike186 for more details.

Armed citizen
04-29-2011, 11:03 AM
+1 for MK ARMS

Mike is a great guy to do business with, did a transfer through him awhile back. Smooth transaction, I have every intent to transfer through him if needed again.

usmcpaul
04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
:yeahthat: , I have had done business with Mike on 4 different occasions and a friend of mine has also. He is a real stand up guy.

GarrettJ
04-29-2011, 05:17 PM
And here I thought you were going to tell us about buying a full-auto MK-760, built by MK Arms. (I don't know if they ever built any other models.):fa:

http://www.fullautoclassics.com/soldinfo/images/Mk760a.gif

JIMAZMI
06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Did my first purchase from Mike today, another G19, always can use a spare. What a great person to deal, will run out of space here if I try to really say how good I felt with this. Anyone thinking of a purchase in our area should see him. I will be going back later this year to get its little brother, G26. Thanks again Mike it was a pleasure.

bills231
05-16-2012, 05:53 PM
couldi get a phone number to mike i am looking for a glock 26. thanks bill my email address is bills2311@yahoo.com

twoten1957
05-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Let me know how it goes. i was going to call him for a few things too. good luck. this number was listed under his screen name of mike186

586-484-4871

mike186
05-16-2012, 07:39 PM
couldi get a phone number to mike i am looking for a glock 26. thanks bill my email address is bills2311@yahoo.com
Hi Bill. Give me a call when you get a chance. My number is 586-484-4871. I will be up in Kalkaska next neek.
Thanks,
Mike

twoten1957
05-17-2012, 05:24 AM
mike

is your yahoo account the best place to email you or on a thread like this? thanks

jackstan
05-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Ya just gotta love finding someone who believes in service for the customer and willing to show ya how it's done too . I can step on squeaking stairs and creaky floors for that . :banana:

Jack

rambro
05-18-2012, 05:51 PM
i have read some nice reviews on this guy in recent months, is this a gun shop now on 16 mile, or is this a side gig for him, and he has a warehouse business with a corner set aside for gun stuff.?

Not that it matters if the service is good, and price is right. He is close by me, i would simply like to check it out. :getsum2: :banana:

PS i am not afraid of heights if they good stuff is upstairs.