PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Model 1 Sales?

mitommy
04-19-2005, 10:14 AM
I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Model 1 Sales? They get very bad reviews for quality, delivery, and customer service on the AR15 Forum web site. Yet, it seems that I heard of people here using them.

I'm wondering about recent history. Any first hand experiences here?

If you used them, would you order from them again?

G22
04-19-2005, 11:16 AM
[siteimg:ccd8260bb5]34[/siteimg:ccd8260bb5]

Model 1 Sales complete upper with chromed bolt and carrier, gas block front sight base, 24" SS bull barrel, Harris bi-pod, Leopold glass, RRA lower with match trigger.

Approx. 300 rounds through it, all indoor at 50 yds. Never a failure of any kind.

Can't wait to get to an outdoor range and test longer distances.

So far I am happy with it. Delevery was excellent, probably around 4-5 days.

If I get another AR, it will be a shorty 16" spray & pray. Probably from Model 1 Sales unless I run into problems down the line.

Disclaimer: This is my first AR, so I have nothing to compare it to.

karcent
04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Can't believe everything you read on the internet.
Many of my customers have built ARs using Model 1 kits.
My son and I both shoot Model 1 guns. No problems, no complaints.
They are moving from Illinois to Texas, so things will probably be a little slow with them for a while.

Maranatha
04-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Tommy, let me know if your Shooting Sunday night.

if so I'll bring my M-4 Clone that I built from A Model 1 upper and the Lower I bought from Kurt

sprink
04-19-2005, 06:53 PM
My upper is Model 1 also. AR 15.com is full of both useful and useless info. Just like on Glock Talk, someone places an internet order, doesn't get it in two days, sends an e-mail that doesn't get answered in 24 hours, so they feel they were ripped off and tell the world about it.

mitommy
04-20-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks to everyone for the info on Model 1 Sales.

I know the internet is full of both good AND bad info. That's why I asked the question here to help get thru the BS and get some first hand experience.

I figure that if I order anything online or from a catalog there will be some processing and delivery time. As long as it is not more than a couple of weeks that suits me. If I want it quick then I shop accordingly.

Gary, Yes I'll be there Sunday. I'd welcome a chance to lookover your build.

Maranatha
04-20-2005, 05:21 PM
I'd welcome a chance to lookover your build.

Tommy, only the rifle, right!!!!