PDA

View Full Version : May Day Massacre

alex-vitek
04-19-2005, 09:01 PM
To some May Day (May 1st) is known as Law Day. To some it is the celebration of Revolution started by the Communists back in the early 1900s. Some of the Flower Power among us might remember big events on the Diag on the U of M campus.

If you got this far then you need to know that the 1st of May is also the day of the May Day Pin Massacre. It will be a standard 5 Pin blast up at the Hunts With Double Indoor range on 23 Mile and Schoenherr.

Follow the links from my homepage at http://home.ix.netcom.com/~alexvit/outdoor/amv.htm
and go to the Power Factor Handgunners web page for more details.

Join us on the 1st of May or even on the 15th of the month for a fun time eliminating some bowling pins.

Roger Roney
04-23-2005, 02:31 AM
What Alex said.

Plus, come and check out the place that is being discussed over here; http://www.mgouc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8969&highlight=

Roger

moosemar
05-02-2005, 01:01 PM
The May Day Massacre bowling pin shoot was a huge success. The range is truly the premier indoor range in Michigan. We had a great turn out. Our shoots are open to the public. All of you are welcome to come and shoot with us. Power Factor Handgunners charges a modest $15. I hope to see all of you at the next shoot. It will be on May 15th. There is a link in the first entry in this thread.
Good Shooting, Dave

G22
05-02-2005, 01:51 PM
I had a blast!! (pun intended). I think I shot my best score for a single table ever. The range is outstanding, and the owner and staff seemed down to earth. I can't wait for the next one.

I would like to see a carbine or shotgun pin shoot in the future (hint,hint) :wink:

Roger Roney
05-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Thanks again to all who came out to our first shoot at Hunts With Double Range.

It was fun, and in my opinion, a success. Looking forward to many more!!

Last chance this spring, only one more, on May 15th, until sometime in mid to late September.

G22, (and all, since this is public,) every suggestion is being considered. Some purists say that we are Power Factor HANDGUNNERS, so we should stay with handguns only. Others say we are "Pinshooters," and should allow anything our tables and the range can handle. Only long guns that shoot pistol ammo? IF shotguns were to be allowed, the experience and discussion is that #4 Buck or better would have to be used to avoid bounceback/ricochet.

Hey, I'd like to see what Kane's 50BMG does to pins, but I'm not sure I'd want to see the results if a misplaced shot hit our tables. :shock:

Discussion? Comments?

Roger