PDA

View Full Version : Stack-On Safe customer service

Jackam
12-09-2010, 08:57 PM
One of my safes is a Stack-On handgun safe. I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago and started having trouble with it after about a year. It would allow you to open it sometimes if you jiggled the handle just right.

I put the safe in a corner and piled STUFF on it and forgot about it. Couldn't trust it, didn't want to use it.

My college age son told me the other day that he sure would like a safe for his handgun so he didn't have to keep it at the college's public safety buildling. I immediately thought of the stack-on.

I dug it out and played with it. The problem still exists. I called the Stack-On company and explained the problem. They told me how to take it apart and watch the solenoid. They offered to send me a new solenoid if this one is messing up. When I asked how much that would cost, the lady asked me how old the safe was. I was honest in my answer and even told her I highly doubt I had a receipt or even registered the safe when I bought it.

She told me not to worry about it. The safes have a three year warranty and judging by the serial number, it's just a little ways out of warranty. WOW!

I took it apart and watched and even fixed the problem, so all is well.

I am writing this to recommend Stack-On. Their treatment of customers is superb! They stand behind their product, even when the warranty is over.

oldskoolford427
12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Cool
It's great to hear about companies that stand behind their products!
If we could only get the government to do the same!!!and do the right thing for the citizens and country.

michiganfan
12-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Always good to hear someone stand behind their product. I have a Stack On.

Sargas3
12-14-2010, 10:23 AM
I have been looking into getting one of these now I know that there a decent company I am convinced. Thank you for the post.

FTLOSM
12-18-2010, 12:55 PM
I too had a very positive experience with stack on, my front dial was damaged during a move the entire dial was cracked and keypad to enter combo also damaged two of the keys were ripped off even (rubberized front combo pad).

I did sign up for the movers insurance but was TICKED it was damaged, It still worked to open and close but looked horrible...

I called them and explained what happened and mine was way out of warranty, they took all my info, and sent me a new dial bezel and new keypad no charge, installed both myself super easy and works great still.

Movers insurance woulda maybe gave me $20 or something I didn't even get to the part of making a claim with them since Stack On took care of me there.

How secure is it I dunno but it keeps the kids out and it's bolted to the wall and floor, so when we go out of town i put my laptop and stuff in there, figure if someone wants it I am gonna make them work a bit for it...

hopeitsfast
12-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Good to hear. I love hearing reports of good CS. It also is remembered for future purchases.