PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: JAN. VIDEO - Bowling Pins at Tulip City

GarrettJ
12-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Update: Videos from the January match on Post #10

I went to the bowling pin shoot at the Tulip City Rod & Gun Club (http://www.tcrgc.org/) this morning. I was told to show up early, or I'd end up waiting all day. The website said registration opened at 8:30, so I got there around 8:15, and still managed to have over 200 runs in front of me.

Which was okay. I hung out and helped set pins until I my turn to shoot around noon.

I shot one run in each of the firearm categories (nine runs in total). Here are some videos from my I-Kam video glasses.

.22 Limited - 10" Ruger MK-II
.22 Open - 5.5" Ruger MK-II/III (*******ized parts gun)
Smallbore Limited - Glock 17
qkas4w30xUE

Bigbore Limited - Desert Eagle .357 Mag. (Muzzle flash is cool! :) )
Bigbore Open - STI .38 Super.
I realize neither .357 or .38 Super are exactly "big bore" calibers. But they throw them in that category due to muzzle energy. The pins are set at the front of the table for Bigbore, and toward the rear for Smallbore.
bA_8Uiu9teA

.22 Carbine - 10.5" AR15 w/CMMG conversion.
Okay - it's technically a pistol, but the only other semi-auto .22 I have here has a magnifying optic, which really slows you down for pins. Been there, done that.
vOMYo5wyC0U

Centerfire Carbine - Uzi SMG (shot in semi-auto, obviously).
Auto - Uzi SMG
PUfoTZcktKw

therbs
12-11-2010, 05:20 PM
:thumbup: That looks like a lot of fun, I really need to get out and try pin shooting.....

Billetproof
12-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Nice shooting and nice toys!!:naughty:

JimSig
12-11-2010, 08:21 PM
:thumbup: That looks like a lot of fun, I really need to get out and try pin shooting.....

Topgun in Taylor runs up a bowking pin shoot every Wednesday starting at 4:30 pm till 8:30 pm.. Give it a try..

klyph12
12-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Garrett,
This is Clif, I was there later in the afternoon. Got there 2:40 and shot my first run at 3:40. I shot the full auto (22lr) and could not get 2 clean tables out of any of my 3 runs. The gun would not cooperate.

Nice vids

I went to Dorr first to talk to them about the FA match.

therbs
12-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Topgun in Taylor runs up a bowking pin shoot every Wednesday starting at 4:30 pm till 8:30 pm.. Give it a try..

I keep meaning to go there for it, I even bought a Buckmark Camper with the main intention of doing pin shoots.... But time always seems elusive.

MountainDreamer
12-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Nice shootin and nice guns. Thanks for sharing the vid's.

GarrettJ
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Garrett,
I shot the full auto (22lr) and could not get 2 clean tables out of any of my 3 runs. The gun would not cooperate.
Sorry I missed you Clif. I was there until around 1:30 or so.

The .22 kits are funny. Seems like they always need a little tinkering with to get them running, and once you think you have them figured out, they start doing something else.

I'm thinking I might put the .22 kit in the Uzi next time. With the pins on the back of the table, you really don't need any real power to push them over, and I'm thinking the faster ROF of the .22 would help here.

klyph12
12-13-2010, 10:26 AM
this is from last January

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrvnje4aTc

I'll email you before I go next time.

GarrettJ
01-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Here's video from the January match. This time I didn't try to lug in enough guns to shoot every single class. This time I just brought a few guns, and shot through a couple of times with them.

I warmed up with a couple of runs in the Centerfire Carbine class. I used the Uzi 9mm for this one.

iYBoRUWeQcc

Then I swapped the guts out of the Uzi and put in the .22 kit. Much like the AR15 .22 conversions, this one is great when it runs, and not so much when it doesn't want to. My first run through was a good exercise in clearing malfunctions. (Sorry - I didn't feel like showing that one). The next two runs went pretty well.

IzAtSOy4LKc

I used minor power-factor ammo in the STI .38 Super. These were my "Small-bore Open" runs. (yes - it helps when you chamber a round before the buzzer goes off :-| )

a50D7Bx5m2E

Last up was the "Big-Bore Open" gun. It's a slightly modified Desert Eagle chambered in .44 Mag. I only ran this gun once. It tends to tear up the pins pretty badly. But it has no trouble taking them all the way off from the front of the table.

m5gIgg_v-1U

MountainDreamer
01-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Sweet shootin, thanks for sharing the vid's.