PDA

View Full Version : Unknown car

fbuckner
04-28-2005, 04:59 AM
You wake from a dead sleep seeing a car pull in your drive with the lights out. You get up to see who it is but the car is already parked and who ever isnt in the car any longer. You look the car over and you dont recognize it to be friend or family and you hear noises coming from one of your out buildings what do you do?

Kouger
04-28-2005, 05:02 AM
call the cops and hang tight.

unless he enters your home. not much you can do

WhoIsJohnGalt
04-28-2005, 05:04 AM
why.......Call Brinks! (They call 911 for you according to their commercials)
Then in the next day or so they'll send a guy out with a clipboard to look over your doors and windows. I think it only costs about a hundred bucks a month or so? :lol:

G22
04-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Grab firearm & surefire of choice, call cops, let the dogs out, all exterior lights go on, all interior lights stay off. Condition orange. You’ve spotted a potential threat and realize trouble is probable. Your focus remains on the threat until you confirm it to be real, or dismiss it.

fbuckner
04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
heres what happened and im sure some kids told there parents i was a nutjob
My youngest stepson and his mom were in Livonia at a rugby match. Well at 8:30 i talked to her she said she was on her way home. at 9pm this car did what i said it di lights off as it came in the drive. I looked didnt recognize the car as i had not seen it before. I got my small led light which by the way sucks it has 3 lights doesnt cast enough light to shine up an area 30 feet away. I had my .45 in hand and 2 kids come strolling out of my old barn.
I was about to put a bead on em and tell them to kiss dirt when my stepson came out of the barn after taking a leak about 10 seconds behind them.
Condition went from orange to pissed off red. I returned to the house put away the weapon and proceeded to call my bride and ask her where her kid was. He rode back to town with is friend as his girlfriend and she was to pick him up from the highschool.
I think now she and he have a very clear understanding to full communication and no more half stories. and im sure 2 other kids will have the word out not to f around my house cause there is a nut job there with a gun. LOL One of these days im going to have a few of you peps over to have a gun cleaning party when he brings a bunch of his friends around.

BigDaddy40
04-28-2005, 08:55 AM
over to have a gun cleaning party when he brings a bunch of his friends around.

i have one of those each time some kid comes over to take my daughters out. table full of guns and a handshake he'll feel to his shoulder usually gets the msg across lol

khicks
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
fbuchner geta 1 to 10 milliom candel power latern, that will light your way. point it at there eyes and they are blinded for a while.

bluethunder
04-28-2005, 03:49 PM
i have one of those each time some kid comes over to take my daughters out. table full of guns and a handshake he'll feel to his shoulder usually gets the msg across lol

:shock: That's a good idea, Dave. I got a few years to work up something good like that. I reckon a firearms instructor hat and a "one shot, one kill" t-shirt couldn't hurt, either. :D

BigDaddy40
04-28-2005, 04:11 PM
lol those would be good too.

some that work too:

let the mastiff answer the door with his front feet up on the glass looking DOWN at the prospective date

open the door, look the kid up and down and then just shut the door.

leave a shovel and a .45 casing on his front seat while he's in the house

have all her uncles over

when they're in the movies and he puts his arm around her, remove it

invite him to lunch with you and the chief of police

good luck!

bluethunder
04-28-2005, 04:14 PM
when they're in the movies and he puts his arm around her, remove it
:lol: At the elbow or the shoulder? :shock: :twisted:

BigDaddy40
04-28-2005, 04:19 PM
depends on how fast he moves it lol

fbuckner
04-28-2005, 09:21 PM
oh my brother and i pulled the bad boys 2 thing with my nieces boyfriend. the one where i act like the uncle that just got out of jail and polishing my piece at the kitchen table and then asking him if we was a virgin and if he was he had better stay that way and whatever happened to her would happen to him when he got back. The kid crapped himself

45 acp
04-28-2005, 10:33 PM
I had this happen the other night I was watching tv about midnight when I looked out the window and saw a car shutoff the head lights and turn into my driveway. Knowing that the wife and son were in bed and that anybody I know wouldnt shut off the lights comming in the drive.
I grabbed my carry gun off the end table and headed to the other end of the house to see what was going on. As I got to the kitchen there was a knock on the door. Holding my gun behind my back I turned on the porch light and saw that it was a sheriff deputy.
I dropped the gun in my front pocket and opened the door . He was looking for my son for some more info about a minor traffic accident.
I told him that my son was away at school. He said that had been by a couple of times eariler that night but no one was home and he was driving buy and saw the lights and tv on other wise he wouldnt have stopped so late.

Then he pointed at my front pocket and said do you have a permit for that.
I said I didnt need one in my own home he got this look on his face and started to say something so I showed my CCW and he said sorry to bother you so late and have a nice night.

fbuckner
04-29-2005, 06:21 AM
boy have i got a story similar to that one only more ballsy. When we were kids we came back from cedar point late so our parents backed the suburban up to the house and let us sleep instead of waking us up. Well about 3 in the morning we woke up alright screaming we had seen someone poking around the house. So dad with his dbl barrel went out the back door snuck around part of the wood and pulled up behind the ear of the second guy hiding behind a tree. well the second guy was part of a tactical dept that my dad thought was a robber and the sherriff thought the way the truck was parked the house was getting cleaned out.
needless to say there were about 10 other cops around and after a few minutes of tenseness everyone kinda went whew and laughed it off.
The cop told my dad he whouldnt be in a hurry if they got a call about a break in out there because they knew the BG would still be there when they got there tied to a tree.

bluethunder
04-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Then he pointed at my front pocket and said do you have a permit for that.
I said I didnt need one in my own home he got this look on his face and started to say something so I showed my CCW and he said sorry to bother you so late and have a nice night.

I would of politely asked him how he would answer the door, after a strange car pulls into the driveway, late at night. And to not know you don't need a permit to carry on your own property, well .......:roll: .

HK USP
07-04-2005, 12:17 AM
actually happend to me several years back... car stopped out front no lights or engine, grabed the .45 and dialed 911. Man did the state boys show up fast, seems that the perp was in the process of breaking in the a neighbors house to attempt to rape a young girl, they got my call first and when they got the second call....zoom they were here in force, real hard to get away when your car is surroned by the police. good thing I am a light sleeper.