PDA

View Full Version : lowrance x67 Ice

ejk75
12-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Just got an early Christmas gift from my wife! Can't wait to get on some hard water and test it out. This will be my first time using electronics on the ice so I'm sure there is going to be a learning curve but I'm excited:smile: .

Any other Ice guys on here?

mikethepike
12-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Bought 1 when they 1st came out and my catch has exploded exponentially! No more sitting in 1 spot hoping something is there...you can now see it in REAL TIME. Depth, action, bottom composition etc at your finger tips.

You / her are gonna love it.

Make sure you start off with a fresh battery (topped off) every day or your battery wont last that long in the long run

ejk75
12-13-2010, 11:28 PM
You got any basic settings I could use as a starting point? I'm going to try and get out this weekend if I can figure out where to go....

mikethepike
12-13-2010, 11:56 PM
I would read the manual and get familiar with it. Once you get the last page read, you can really home your technique. Its really easy, but important to know how to operate it .

Adjusting sensitivity is something i do quite a bit . Interference happens from time to time from being to close to the wwII antiques( flashers, vex's or marcums) or just too much gain and you cant see the lure.

I think there is a quick start at the front of the manual

mikethepike
12-16-2010, 10:14 AM
You can download the emulator from Lowrance and play with / get comfortable with it even before you buy it.

www.lowrance.com/downloads/

ejk75
12-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Tested it out today.. 21 perch:banana: It sure is nice to know that there is something down there before it hits your bait... Quick question what do you keep your ping and chart speed set to? Had mine cranked all the way up to 100% didn't know if that was necessary or not.

Thanks
Ed

mikethepike
12-16-2010, 08:03 PM
I dont know off hand, but you dont want your history zipping across the board the faster than your eye can process it....also dont want it so slow where it isnt real time. I would say something in the middle where you see it in real time and have some history .

When the fish gets so close to the bait, i dont even look at the screen anymore, i look at the spring bobber and wait for that to activate. If it doent take it within a very short period , i'll reference the screen again and try to interest the fish again

ejk75
12-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks.... I appreciate the help and advise..