PDA

View Full Version : Mexican TV Actress Dies After Seeing Gun

Jim Simmons
05-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Mexican TV Actress Dies After Seeing Gun

MEXICO CITY - A Mexican television actress died on Friday of a heart attack after a man armed with a pistol approached her vehicle on a Mexico City street, officials said.

Mariana Levy, 39, featured on the "Nuestra Casa" show on the Televisa network, developed labored breathing after seeing the weapon, said prosecutor Carlos Gurrea.

Her husband, Jose Maria Fernandez Jr., drove her to a nearby clinic where she died, Gurrea said, quoting Fernandez.

A man was arrested and later identified by Levy's husband as the man who approached the vehicle, in which the couple was taking several children to a local amusement park.

Gurrea said the suspect — who was being held on suspicion of illegal weapons possession — did not apparently directly threaten or make any contact with Levy.

He said the mere shock of seeing him approach the vehicle apparently triggered the attack.

The death shook the Mexican entertainment world. It was one of the highest-profile deaths in Mexico's persistent wave of common crime since television comedian Francisco "Paco" Stanley was gunned down alongside a Mexico City freeway in 1999.

"We cannot feel anything other than an enormous rage and indignation," Televisa news anchor Adela Micha said of Levy's death. "Even if a bullet didn't kill her, the fear and the lack of public safety did."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050430/ap_en_tv/mexico_actress_dies

Steve Fisher, can you provide an alibi for the time in question? :P

RSF
05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Yah i was with your secretary at the time! 8)

keyjockey
05-02-2005, 06:00 PM
"We cannot feel anything other than an enormous rage and indignation," Televisa news anchor Adela Micha said of Levy's death. "Even if a bullet didn't kill her, the fear and the lack of public safety did."

Indignation and RAGE????? At what?

Puh-leeeeeeeeeze! Get a clue. :?

WhoIsJohnGalt
05-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Musta been some gun! :shock:
Sounds like quite a crime problem down there.

G22
05-03-2005, 06:44 AM
A gun that frightens people to death just by a mere glimpse of it. Hmmmm, where can I get one?!!!!

Sure would save allot of money in ammo and training!!

goldwing2000
05-03-2005, 08:11 AM
There you have it. Finally, evidence that guns do kill people. :roll:

HkP7
05-15-2005, 06:14 PM
I find this pretty convincing myself, I have experienced similiar instances while in gun stores, merely seeing them increased my heart rate, causing me to have to purchase gun immediately. :D