PDA

View Full Version : Interarms Mark X information

tech2b9
12-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Looking for some information on the mark X. Found one in 30-06 for $300 in decent condition with a syn. stock. Worth it? Is accuracy decent. I know the action is a mauser and it is the same gun as a remington 798.

pkuptruck
12-19-2010, 09:51 AM
nt even close... the Mark X is superior to the remmy 798 or whatever... :scholar:

the mark x is a very good Mauser action/receiver...

without seeing it.... cant tell you the value....but I will tell you that it is worth the $300 you found it for, or more....:thumbup:

dfrak
12-19-2010, 10:14 AM
I am not all that familiar with this rifle, so I went on Gunbroker to see what they actually sell for, not just what they are listed for. I found a couple that went for around $350, but the most recent one, in .243 with a scope and synthetic stock sold for $291.86.

Here's a current listing for one with a current bid of $275:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=205596502

Hope this helps!
Dan

Ol` Joe
12-19-2010, 11:57 AM
The Mark X was a large ring M98 wood stocked Mauser built by Zastava (gov factory making both military and civilian arms) in Yugoslavia and the same action as sold by Charles Daley and Whitworth. They were imported by Inter-Arms as both rifles and barreled actions until firearms imports from Yugoslavia were banned during the Balkan war, driving Inter-Arms out of business and seeing the factory bombed out.
Daley took over importing the rifle under their name when the ban was lifted, and the factory was rebuilt and opened back up by the government. The Whitworth was polished up a bit more then the std Mark X and had a nicer grade stock by the Whitworth company in England before being sold and are concidered the "nicer" gun. As far as I know the Whitworth version hasn`t been offered in quite some time.
Remington out bid Daley for the import rights on the barreled actions a couple years back, and put there own synthetic stock on them, selling them under their name as the M798. The fit and finish of the Remington version is not up to the Daley version and NO WHERE AS NICE as the old Mark X or Whitworth rifles IMO.
I`ve a 6.5x55 I built some years ago on a Mark X barreled action that turned out to be a very accurate, nice rifle. The Mark Xs were a accurate and a fairly well made commercial mauser. I`d have no problem with owning another.

wombat12
12-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Ol'Joe is pretty much spot on. Good value, if not quite up to the fit and finish of the commercial FN or Swedish Mausers- at twice the price.

tech2b9
12-19-2010, 02:40 PM
You guy's are a great wealth of information. Thanks for all the help!