PDA

View Full Version : M-1 FOR VETS RIFLE MATCH, GAYLORD MI. JAN 9TH 2011

ronintank
12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Northland Sportsmen’s club
WINTER MATCH: OPERATION NORDWIND
M-1 FOR VETS RIFLE MATCH
John C. Garand Match

The M1 for Vets program started in November 2005 to give a disabled returning Vet from the war on terror a M1 rifle. To date well over 200 rifles have been presented. This program also sponsors these Vets at Camp Perry for the annual matches. This match helps raise money for both rifles and travel expenses for the Vets.

MATCH DATE: JANUARY 9TH 2011

SPONSORED BY: NORTHLAND SPORTSMEN’S CLUB

GAYLORD Mi. 49734

MATCH OPEN TO: ANYONE, 16 YEARS OR OLDER. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER OF THE CLUB OR THE NRA NEW SHOOTERS WILL BE ASSIGNED TO THE SECOND RELAY.

ENTRY FEE: $20.00 WITH $15.00 GOING TO THE M1 FOR VETS AND $5.00 TO THE N.S.C. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOOT A SECOND TIME, THE COST IS AN ADDITIONAL $10.00
JUNIORS SHOOT FOR 10.00

MATCH STARTS: 10.00 AM
MATCH RULES: GOVERNED BY CMP COMPETITION RULES. NO ALIBIS.

COURSE OF FIRE: JOHN C. GARAND MATCH, COURSE “A” 100 YD. REDUCED SR-1 TARGETS.

AWARDS: CMP MEDALS WILL BE AWARDED FOR THOSE WHO SCORE HIGH ENOUGH PER CMP RULES.

AMMUNITION: BRING YOUR OWN

RIFLES ALLOWED: AS-ISSUED U.S. .30 CALIBER M1 GARAND, M1 CARBINE, M1903, 03A3, 1941 JOHNSON, M1917 ENFIELD, US KRAG, ANY FOREIGN VINTAGE MILITARY RIFLE. AR-15s WILL BE ALLOWED, HOWEVER THEY WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR AWARDS.

LONER RIFLES: THE CLUB HAS A FEW LOANER M1 GARANDS AVAILABLE. PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO RESERVE.

GENERAL INFO: THERE WILL BE 80 SECONDS DURING RAPID FIRE FOR ALL SHOOTERS

AWARDS WILL BE PRESENTED AFTER THE MATCH, ALSO HOT CHILII N THE HEATED RANGE HOUSE.

MATCH DIRECTOR: TIM SCHMIDT (989) 732-4515 OR EMAIL thechallenger4@hotmail.com

LOANER RIFLES: WALTER OWEN (989) 732-9382

Jackam
12-31-2010, 10:07 AM
This post was full of info but unless you're into shooting these types of things, much of it is Greek.

Is this a place to get started in matches and have some fun or is this a dead serious die hard I think a robin just flew by so I better adjust my windage type of match?

80 seconds of rapid fire? Huh?

I'd bring my own ammo as instructed, but just how many rounds will I need?

This is the sort of info that keeps me away and feeling like an outsider to many shootimg events.

I just googled CMP COMPETITION RULES and brought up the 84 pages of rules... YIKES!

ronintank
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
This is a great match to get started in rifle shooting competition.
First and foremost it raises money for the M-1 for vets project.
We have new shooters shoot on the second or third relay so we can coach them one on one.
The match is 30 shots for score and as many sighters as needed in the 5 min. sight in at the start of each relay.
We have some folks from linden coming up for the match.
The people that shoot in these matches are the best group of folks you will meet anywhere, and will be willing to help out in any way they can.
Please come on up and join us and learn a easy new sport and have some fun.
Sorry about the rules being so long but thats the nature of rule books that cover so many diffrent events.

If you have any more questions i will be glad to help.

ronintank
01-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Forgot the Vets link.
http://www.m1forvets.com/

rifle guy
01-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Jackam,

I just checked the extended forcast for next weekend. If it holds I'm not sure how I'll do! The last 3-4 years IIRC it's been around zero at the start! Next Saturday's low only calls for 15 with a high of 25, WHOO-HOO!!!

Are we serious? You bet, serious as a second heart attack, about have a good time breaking primers with good friends! It is all about the cause though. I've been involved with the "M1's for Vets" in Michigan and at Camp Perry for years and can't think of a better reason to step to the firing line, even in January!

Not sure what experience you have on line, what you plan to shoot or your ammunition but if feel in need of a coach or might need some equipment just look me up when you arrive, I'll be more than happy to help!

See you on line,

rifle guy @ LSC

45/70fan
01-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Anyone else from the thumb area going to this match?

Jackam
01-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Jackam,

Not sure what experience you have on line, what you plan to shoot or your ammunition but if feel in need of a coach or might need some equipment just look me up when you arrive, I'll be more than happy to help!

See you on line,

rifle guy @ LSC

Zero experience unless the time with the cowboy garb counts :)

Hey, your post gave me goose bumps. Thank you!
I would be shooting an M1 carbine (or probably letting my son shoot it.) We'll never win any competition with that rifle but I do like the "good time" idea.

I was hoping we could do some snowmobiling and then go shoot. Doesn't look like the snow will be there though.

Thanks again for the VERY NICE post!

Jack

ronintank
01-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Well the weather this weekend should be good for the match.

saturday night a low of 12 ABOVE zero and sundays partly sunny high of 22 will be welcome.

Everyone please travel safe and lets raise some money for the Vets project.