PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first handgun!

shenny88
12-23-2010, 08:01 PM
After a couple weeks of serious consideration followed by research, i decided on the Ruger SR-9c. It has everything i want in it, plus the price was right for me. I fired the demo pistol but havent gotten a chance to fire mine now, hopefully in the next couple days. Let me know what you think if you'd like (positive comments always better).:vader: (just b/c i love star wars)

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t306/thelastjedi3/IMG_0256.jpg
...just realized the magazine wasnt all the way in, i just pulled it out of its case real quick for the pic (nothings loaded anyhow)

badman
12-23-2010, 09:14 PM
welcome to the addiction!!!!!!!!

43 handguns and counting for me. lol. i am a compulsive buyer.

jmanz6
12-23-2010, 09:43 PM
I have and carry an SR9c. I really love this gun! I've had zero issues with mine after more than 700 rounds. I can easily go to the range and blast off 100-150 rounds with a big smile on my face. It's a great gun for CC too. Very slim and not too heavy. I'm still trying to find the perfect holster for it. Right now I have a Don Hume IWB holster that is nice, but it's not THE holster. Where in Oakland Co are you? I'll be happy to go to the range with you if you are nearby Waterford. I usually go to Target Sports in Keego for my range fun.

cmike
12-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Welcome aboard :heybuddy:

shenny88
12-23-2010, 10:08 PM
yeah, its CC-ability is partially why i got it. I dont have the money for a CPL right now, but hopefully not too far down the road.
I actually live near Woodward and 12 mile, so pretty far from Keego. I hear that Target shop/range is much nicer and friendlier than the Royal Oak location.
Wheres a good place to look for an extra magazine and versatile holster?

shenny88
12-23-2010, 10:09 PM

43 handguns and counting for me. lol. i am a compulsive buyer.

Thats crazy, especially for just handguns. Your children will be lucky.

JimSig
12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
That looks cool.. congratulations on your first handgun purchase..

Roundballer
12-23-2010, 10:41 PM

43 handguns and counting for me. lol. i am a compulsive buyer..
Thats crazy, especially for just handguns. Your children will be lucky.
No, No, No. You have to understand that there is an unwritten law that says that you should own one firearm for every year old you are. If you don't have a very generous Father, Uncle, or someone, you will start out with an 18 firearm deficit by the time you are old enough to start buying them yourself. Most people can't catch up, much less keep up with the requirements. :score:

usmcpaul
12-23-2010, 11:11 PM
43 handguns and counting for me.

:bowdown:

JohnJak
12-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Whats with the bicycle lock?

shenny88
12-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Whats with the bicycle lock?
ha, thats exactly what the sales guy called it. Its nice because its easy to use, but it doesnt fit in its own case while locked! so you can either lock it out of the case or keep it in the case unlocked... which is why i am now looking for a drawer safe for it.

jmanz6
12-24-2010, 01:42 PM
ha, thats exactly what the sales guy called it. Its nice because its easy to use, but it doesnt fit in its own case while locked! so you can either lock it out of the case or keep it in the case unlocked... which is why i am now looking for a drawer safe for it.

I never use mine. My gun is loaded 100% of the time so it's useless for me. Maybe I can use it to lock up my Motorcycle next summer though.

_DK_
12-24-2010, 03:17 PM
I never use mine. My gun is loaded 100% of the time so it's useless for me. Maybe I can use it to lock up my Motorcycle next summer though.

I keep mine in the car, in case i get the urge to have an adult beverage when I am out.

silverbullet2005
12-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Nice choice, can't beat a ruger for it's reliability and awesome customer service!

badman
12-28-2010, 11:56 AM
No, No, No. You have to understand that there is an unwritten law that says that you should own one firearm for every year old you are. If you don't have a very generous Father, Uncle, or someone, you will start out with an 18 firearm deficit by the time you are old enough to start buying them yourself. Most people can't catch up, much less keep up with the requirements. :score:

LOL i love that. that is awsome. i am only 29 though and i dont have any kids yet. i actually started accuiring firearms 4 years ago when i got out of college. probably have so many since i DONT have kids. but when i do they will be lucky come 18.:banana: :badass:

shenny88
12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
i started a thread elsewhere but just in case, does anybody know an inexpensive place to get another magazine for my sr9c?
it can be a 10 or 17 round. so far the cheapest i found was at budsgunshop.com.

Jetplane19
12-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Congrats! - that's a nice little shooter. I like Ruger too and have 3 Ruger guns.

For CCW holsters, I like the Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB, and Desantis for pocket carry.

slowa_2000
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Nice gun! Good choice with the ruger, very reliable guns. I own 2 and like them a lot!