PDA

View Full Version : bear!

RSF
05-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Well in one week i boreda plane for the great north of canada to chase after the might bear and some good lake trout and grayling and walleye, wish me luch all it is an archery only hunt!. maybe a nice color phase this time around

fbuckner
05-19-2005, 06:54 PM
good luck dont go shooting any thing less than 150# . No broadside shots they say us michiganders make that mistake more than anyone. Quarter away is the best shot behind the shoulderblade. Alot of guys try to shoot the shoulder straight and an arrow no matter what poundage or fps wont go thru the shoulder blade. unless you nick the rear of the blade.

RSF
05-19-2005, 07:49 PM
i wont this wioll be 4th bear hunt and hopefuuly my fourth with bow and arrow but yah good advice

Autumnlovr
05-20-2005, 05:53 AM
Good luck to you sir. No Boo-Boo's. Bring back meat. Lots of meat. :D
I was going to send you a PM before I left for Oscoda....but now I'll just send my wishes in public. (Hey, wish me good luck in getting the house built without any major problems, ok?)

Kouger
05-20-2005, 06:00 AM
wasnt it not to long ago hunt in canada was a big no no?

cl
05-23-2005, 04:34 PM
If your grayling fishing is to be spinning get a size 0 (zero) Meps w/ the squirrel tail and red/white blade. I giess that could also be used on fly rod unless you are a purist.

I had good luck with the Mepps in Alaska some years ago. Cast across or slightly upstream. When the lure gets downstream and the spinner turns will have a fish. They eat real good.

RSF
05-23-2005, 09:53 PM
cl thanks yes the grayling fishing is awesome there as well as lake trout it is al lpacked and ready to roll