PDA

View Full Version : American Confederation of Tactical Shooters

GunnFixr
05-19-2005, 09:34 PM
http://www.geocities.com/hogrefe74@sbcglobal.net/acts.gif

Purpose - To provide a sport in which Civilian gun owners along with Military and Law Enforcement professionals can practice 'real world' shooting skills in a sporting venue that has not been offered by any other shooting discipline or association.
To promote the safe practical, proficient use of rifles. To foster sportsmanship and comraderie among rifle owners, and to support and defend the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Okay, think IDPA with rifles. No, this isn't 3 Gun, this is ACTS. Most 3 gun match I've seen still have pistols as it's main focus. ACTS is a run and gun rifle sport with sidearms as secondary weapons.

ACTS is a new concept, so new that the first match is being held in July. Since this is the first match, and no one knows what to expect, the match fee is low.

Expect to use at least 200 rounds between rifle and pistol, but you will burn more rifle ammo than pistol.

If you like IDPA, or you like 3Gun, you'll LOVE ACTS

Inaugural ACTS match

Date: 9 July, 2005
Time: 0900
Where: Family Shooters' Corral
4516 E Bellevue Hwy Eaton Rapids, MI 48827

Match Fee: $15

Check the ACTS website for more details www.actshooters.com

GunnFixr
06-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Little more than a month away.

12 seats remain.

If you're interested, but just don't know where Family Shooter's Corral is, here is a map...

It is right between Jackson, Lansing, and Battle Creek.
http://www.actshooters.com/graphics/mapimage.gif

This is going to be a damned good shoot, 4 stages, about 200 rounds rifle an a little under 100 rounds pistol. You'll run, you'll shoot, you'll run some more, then you shoot again. Closest target will be 5ft. Farthest will be 300yds.

Batman
06-04-2005, 10:59 PM
I'ed love to come shoot with you but your event is on the same date as BWSA's 3 gun. Unfortunately the State does not have very many "cool" events like yours and/or BWSA's. Too bad your on the same day! bummer, got to work on that one guys.

GunnFixr
06-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Well, ACTS is not 3 gun, so if that is what you want to shoot, then by all means go hit the 3 gun match.

ACTS is a rifle sport. 3 gun is still primarily a pistol sport.

I can't change the date this close to the match (especially to suit one shooter). Not to mention, most shooters are already registered for that date, and many have already paid.

Furture matches will most likely be held on the 2nd or 3rd Saturday of the month. Probly 2nd as that will be what fits my schedule. If you don't want to shoot my match because it conflicts with your 3gun match, that is fine, I'll be publishing ACTS club affiliation apps about mid July, you can form your own ACTS club locally, and host the match on whatever day you choose....If I'm available, I'll come shoot yours too.

karcent
06-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Tony, this sounds like a lot of fun!
First I've heard of this org. Is it your brainchild?

GunnFixr
06-06-2005, 06:06 PM
It is my child, I don't know about the brain part. We'll see come July 9.

Maranatha
06-06-2005, 06:13 PM
So many matches and too few weekends.

Tony,
It sounds like a lot of fun but I'm already signed up and paid for the ID4 match at Capital City on July 9th, I’ll have to catch the next one.

GunnFixr
06-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Don't sweat it. ACTS will be held at the Family Shooter's Corral 12 months per year....yes...in the snow.

Batman
06-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Don't sweat it. ACTS will be held at the Family Shooter's Corral 12 months per year....yes...in the snow.

Now that is good news. I would really like to join you and look forward to your future events.

BravoKilo
06-07-2005, 12:38 AM

Awesome... was just about to ask how often these shoots would be. I'd like to make it out to the opening one in July, but not sure if my schedule permits it... let alone for the fact that I'm a bit rusty and don't want to make an ass of myself on the range :oops: :lol:

GunnFixr
06-08-2005, 07:02 AM
...let alone for the fact that I'm a bit rusty and don't want to make an ass of myself on the range :oops: :lol:Don't sweat it. I have 4 shooters regustered who have never fired this type of match before.

We already have both ends of the spectrum here. Novices and Masters. Rusty isn't a reason not to shoot...Rusty is the reason you should

BravoKilo
06-08-2005, 08:52 AM
...let alone for the fact that I'm a bit rusty and don't want to make an ass of myself on the range :oops: :lol:Don't sweat it. I have 4 shooters regustered who have never fired this type of match before.

We already have both ends of the spectrum here. Novices and Masters. Rusty isn't a reason not to shoot...Rusty is the reason you should

We'll see how my schedule looks in a few weeks, and if I can fit it in, I'll sign up and head on out.

And yes, rusty is the reason that I *should* shoot... which is what I plan on doing a lot of over the course of the next few weeks

Batman
07-12-2005, 04:13 PM
So did this event happen?

If so, what happened?

Was it cool?

When is the next one?

GunnFixr
07-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes, it did, and yes it was.

Pics, reviews, and scores are at the ACTS site.

www.actshooters.com

Next match is August 13.

RSF
07-12-2005, 04:50 PM
match went well i hear! my buddy andy t did pretty well in the ranks! good for him i will try to make it out to one except for that goofy 200yd stage. Nice pics tony looks good,

Ok crtical part sorry no reflection on you tony.
in alot of the pics the guys really crowded cover bad. ok rant off but it looked like a lot of fun for sure post a list of dates for us tony.

GunnFixr
07-12-2005, 05:37 PM
...it looked like a lot of fun for sure post a list of dates for us tony.
Crowded cover, shot over cover, didn't use cover.

We gotta walk before we run. I'm just glad everyone had a good time, and we had no injuries. To me that makes it a success.

We'll be working on sound tactics in the future matches.

The next match will only be 3 stages, but we will probably run two strings of each one if time permits.

More focus will be made on use of cover, movement to and from cover, shooting on the move, and reloads. Rulbook corrections will take care of a lot of these issues.

GunnFixr
07-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Here is a look at the Stage 2 course description...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/gunnfixr/two.gif

Batman
07-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Cool in deed!!

GunnFixr
07-23-2005, 08:44 PM
edited because photos were pulled from the server.

GunnFixr
07-23-2005, 09:00 PM
...post a list of dates for us tony.

August 13
September 10
October No Match
November No Match
December 10
January 8

No match in Oct and Nov because the range owner wants to keep the range open for his hunters to sight in their rifles.

I might be able to swing an afternoon match during a weekday, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll post the other match dates on the ACTS website. But the regular match date is the second Saturday of each month save for Oct and Nov.

GunnFixr
08-02-2005, 09:17 PM
We have a new forum on the ACTS website. We ditched Bravenet, and went with
proboards. You'll have to register to use the board, but it is a much more
versatile tool than Bravenet where everything was tossed into a single forum.
You can either go to the ACTS homepage and click on the Discussion Forums link,
or you can go there directly at http://actshooters.proboards55.com/index.cgi

GunnFixr
08-15-2005, 11:06 PM
...post a list of dates for us tony.

August 13
September 10
October No Match
November No Match
December 10
January 8

We've moved to a new range, so we will be having matches in October and November.

New range is Centerline of Calhoun County in Bellevue.

Second Saturday of every month.
Match time is 10am with sign up begining at 9.