6:00 PM to 8:30 PM

The Firing Line
38427 Webb Drive
Westland, MI 48185
(734) 326-7320
http://www.firinglineguns.com

6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Safety Briefing, Meet & Greet
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Range Time

Please use the poll to tell us if you will be at the event and how many people (if any) you might be bringing.

All Firing Line range and facility rules apply. Their registration form can be found here: http://www.firinglineguns.com/range.php. There will be a range safety briefing at 6 PM and others as needed.

No rifles (pistol caliber carbines are OK).

NOTE: to help ensure everyone's safety, please check in to the classroom before going to the range. Do not go directly to the range without checking in first.

Sniper21
12-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Ill be there

Billetproof
12-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Can't make this one, have to work. Too bad, got some new toys I wanted to bring!:thdown:

Pyzik
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I will be there. I voted just me so far, have to talk to the wife to see if she want's to come and am going to call a friend.

Now that I am typing, guess I should have waited to vote... Oh well :shrugs: :doh: :shake: , sorry.

Thanks again in advance MGO for puting on another!

NickS
12-30-2010, 02:16 PM
I'll be there with the MGO merchandise and applications for signing up new and renewal memberships. :banana: :thumbup: :wink: :whistle:

Ed Hoffman
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks Nick

Happy New Year
:colors:

silverbullet2005
12-31-2010, 11:30 AM
I'd like to make it but don't feel like driving that far, I'll wait for the next one in towards the Flint area.

ColonelKurtz
12-31-2010, 11:34 AM
If it was anywhere but Firing Line I'd be there. Have fun.

sprinklerguy28
12-31-2010, 12:43 PM
If the back is feeling up to it I will be there.

XDM 40 cal
12-31-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm comming, not sure if a buddy of mine is comming... He's DFD, and i dont know if he's working or not..

I'll see you guy's and ladies there...:pistols:

Also. Ed are you cordnating the RSO??

G22
12-31-2010, 02:34 PM
I start my new job on Tuesday. I won't know my exact schedule until then so put me down as a maybe until I post back for sure. Thanks!

XDM 40 cal
12-31-2010, 06:09 PM
I start my new job on Tuesday. I won't know my exact schedule until then so put me down as a maybe until I post back for sure. Thanks!

Congrats on the new Job... Hope to see you there if you can..

ChessieMike
12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
I'll be there and I am bringing the "Ole 98'lber" with me. She wants to know if there will be any other women there? I told her I didn't think so.

Pyzik
12-31-2010, 09:37 PM
I'll be there and I am bringing the "Ole 98'lber" with me. She wants to know if there will be any other women there? I told her I didn't think so.
I will have two women in my group!

Just wanted to give an update on my number since I voted prematurely. I will have three in tow. The wife's grandparents would like to join. Though we won't be there 'till seven or so.

johnzilla
01-01-2011, 07:51 AM

No way to tell how many women will be there, but there's usually several. I can't remember a shoot where there weren't any women and kids/teens, actually. Significant others, partners, spouses, kids, family, and friends who shoot safe or want to learn are always welcome.

Brian D
01-01-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty sure my woman and I will be there. :smoke:

sprinklerguy28
01-01-2011, 06:47 PM
The Mrs and I will be there for sure.

MarkoPo
01-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Just a heads up myself and 4 or 5 guys from the Hillsdale Rifle Club are going to come up and shoot with you guys. Can't wait to see you all there.

Glockster17
01-02-2011, 01:09 AM
The Mrs and I will be there for sure.

Holy crap Scott! Did you get married since we talked last?

- G9OS:score:

On topic I'm going to try & make it.

Burs
01-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I,ll be there

JimSig
01-02-2011, 12:43 PM
If it was anywhere but Firing Line I'd be there. Have fun.

+1...

XDM 40 cal
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
+1...

I understan where your comming from...:thumbup:

mikeb32
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I Plan on attending, But will have to be confined to a chair since I managed to hurt my foot somehow while in Florida. I may be bringing one friend.

sca037
01-04-2011, 11:32 AM
My wife and I had a great time at this event last year, and are looking forward to it again this Friday.
We'll likely bring a couple pistol caliber carbines to tweak the scopes.

Do we need to bring some food to share?

Brian (& Judi)

johnzilla
01-04-2011, 02:01 PM
My wife and I had a great time at this event last year, and are looking forward to it again this Friday.
We'll likely bring a couple pistol caliber carbines to tweak the scopes.

Do we need to bring some food to share?

Brian (& Judi)

Thanks for the offer...food and drinks are not necessary. I think some people bring stuff to munch on but it isn't anything "official" or a full buffet.

There are many restaurants in the area if folks are looking to eat before/after. All of the chain/big box restaurants are nearby within a mile or so plus typical restaurants like Chinese, coney, etc.

Tallbear
01-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Can some one from Michigan Open Carry bring some membership applications? Thanks

jrak123
01-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I'll be there and possibly 1 of my co workers

willowofwisp
01-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Ill be there

dhrith
01-04-2011, 09:08 PM
On a Friday night? Seriously? :slap:

hopeitsfast
01-04-2011, 09:33 PM
What's wrong with friday nights? Isn't that a typical 'go out' type of night? I'd think it would be for most people?

willowofwisp
01-04-2011, 09:35 PM
What's wrong with friday nights? Isn't that a typical 'go out' type of night? I'd think it would be for most people?

are you coming?

hopeitsfast
01-04-2011, 09:38 PM
are you coming?
Not sure yet. I do have 2 cases of ear plugs that i need to get to the event, but i also have to get up at the butt crack of dawn on Saturday. I do want to check out the work you had done on that pistola!!

johnzilla
01-05-2011, 07:07 AM

It is not easy finding a range and date that works. Most ranges are booked solid on Sat/Sun with memberships and CPL classes. There are a lot more CPL instructors around than there are shooting lanes.

It is a no-win situation. Have it on a Sat/Sun (even if we could find an open range at a decent cost) and people don't like it because it "ruins their weekend" or conflicts with church, whatever. Have it during the week and people don't like that either. {shrug}

CallmeDave
01-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Me and the Wife will be there. Thanks MGO.

JGrant
01-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Missed this until this morning. Not sure if I can come yet.

Is there a link to their range rules (did I miss it)? I can't find any 7.62x25 that's range okay to try my Tokarev....

sse
01-05-2011, 09:49 AM
The link is in the first post.

JGrant
01-05-2011, 10:25 AM
The link is in the first post.
Okay. I read the rules about no russian ammo, no wolf, no lead bullets, no armor piercing ammo.

My question is:

I have some brass Yugo 7.62x25mm, it's not armor piercing but does stick to a magnet. Is this stuff okay?

Guess I'm not bringing a 1911 to run through the remaining lead reloads I have (if I can make it) either.

Tallbear
01-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Okay. I read the rules about no russian ammo, no wolf, no lead bullets, no armor piercing ammo.

My question is:

I have some brass Yugo 7.62x25mm, it's not armor piercing but does stick to a magnet. Is this stuff okay?

Guess I'm not bringing a 1911 to run through the remaining lead reloads I have (if I can make it) either.

If it sticks to a magnet it's steel core and a "no-no" for all indoor ranges I know of.

johnzilla
01-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Please note addition of schedule in first post. Range time doesn't start until 7 PM. 6-7 is socializing and mandatory safety briefing so please plan accordingly.

Also please note that we cannot get everyone on the range at the same time, so it would be a great help if people were willing to wait until later (7:30 or 8 ) to get on the range so that we don't have a massive throng of people all trying to get a lane right away. Take some time and relax/socialize with fellow Members and shooters instead.

Also please note that Firing Line does not have tables behind the shooting lanes like Top Gun and Wolverine do. The only place for gear is on the lane. Please do not plan to "spread out" a bunch of gear and guns while you shoot and please do not plan to put gear on the floor where people will be walking back and forth.

XDM 40 cal
01-05-2011, 12:07 PM

My question is:

what kind of ammo you have for your 1911??

I use Federal and i will have some with me, but if you can stop up to wally in livonia they have a ton of 45....

sse
01-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I just printed out the the form.

Everything on it appears reasonable to me, as opposed to the one from the last range event which went a bit too far, asking for a list of rx's...?

JGrant
01-05-2011, 12:23 PM
what kind of ammo you have for your 1911??

I use Federal and i will have some with me, but if you can stop up to wally in livonia they have a ton of 45....
I have remington, federal, WWB, etc. I just have some LRN reloads I like to run through my 1911s instead of my Glocks, Sigs or H&K.

JGrant
01-05-2011, 12:25 PM
If it sticks to a magnet it's steel core and a "no-no" for all indoor ranges I know of.
Some older Yugo 7.62x25 is lead core, but they skimped on the brass and used a brass-alloy that is magnetic. That's all I could find for now.

I know, I know, order some from ________ already.

dpgperftest
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I work Noon's but I will stop in at the F/L @ lunch time :pepsi:

G22
01-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Sadly, I will not be able to make it. With my new job I wouldn't be able to be there till after 8 :(

I didn't vote in the poll so don't subtract one.

jrak123
01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I have remington, federal, WWB, etc. I just have some LRN reloads I like to run through my 1911s instead of my Glocks, Sigs or H&K.
I'll have some extra .45 with me, 100 or so Winchester and maybe 50 or 100 Fiocchi too.

I am also happy to announce that I will have my SR9C with me as well, as it showed up today from it's second trip to Ruger. I took it up to target sports tonight and fired 140 rounds through it poblem free.

XDM 40 cal
01-05-2011, 09:03 PM
I'll have some extra .45 with me, 100 or so Winchester and maybe 50 or 100 Fiocchi too.

I am also happy to announce that I will have my SR9C with me as well, as it showed up today from it's second trip to Ruger. I took it up to target sports tonight and fired 140 rounds through it poblem free.

Kool, Love to shoot the Sr9c...

also i have my 45 with me ...

jrak123
01-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Kool, Love to shoot the Sr9c...

also i have my 45 with me ...
Well you are welcome to shoot a few rounds through mine as well as the Bersa .45 since I see you are a bersa owner too

_DK_
01-05-2011, 09:32 PM
unfortunately or fortunately depending on how one looks at it...

I'm working 12 hours on weekdays right now, too bad it wasn't a Saturday. I was looking forward to visiting a "new"(to me) range and meeting more members

XDM 40 cal
01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
unfortunately or fortunately depending on how one looks at it...

I'm working 12 hours on weekdays right now, too bad it wasn't a Saturday. I was looking forward to visiting a "new"(to me) range and meeting more members

Its cool at least you have a job and getting some overtime...

I'm pretty sure there will be another one you can make too....

dhrith
01-06-2011, 04:01 AM

It seems you are by default setting up more conflicts than necessary.

If you're fighting other engagements, that I can understand.

But you by default wipe out
1) everyone working afternoons.
2) anyone working late on days
3) anyone outside of a half hours travel distance that works days

after adding that up, what is that? 3/4 of anyone that would show up?

The whole point of a meet and great is to get people to show up, not design it so that no one can attend. If you're fighting other renters just move it out. By scheduling the same dates every year people can plan FAR in advance. Something like top gun/firing line for the southerners in the cold months, burton/advanced and/or something near lansing for the more northeners in the cold months, and centerline/livingston something outdoors for the westerners in the warm months. Use the same dates every year and everyone knows what they need to plan around and the ranges will give you priority for planning so far in advance.
1-2 cold dates indoors and 1-2 warm dates outdoors.

My numbers may be skewed, but lots of people who won't be coming wouldn't bother to vote. I'd be interested if someone has numbers for attendance after this and previous engagements that were on weekend dates to see how far off from reality my theory is. Of course then this becomes affected by things like membership numbers for example to correlate with the various event dates to try to correlate attendance with membership vs weekdays. Sorry, sometimes i end up off on a tangent. ;p It could be something really easy to figure out or something impossible depending on how, and how many electronic records are kept by the site.

johnzilla
01-06-2011, 07:51 AM
The whole point of a meet and great is to get people to show up, not design it so that no one can attend.

None of our events are designed so that no one can attend.

If you're fighting other renters just move it out.

Thank you for the suggestion. In order to "fight other renters" at a range, we would have to pay the same as or more as the other renters. We don't...we're a charity organization. We don't (and shouldn't/can't) pay as much as a CPL instructor, for example. When we're paying $100 (preferably $0) for range time and an instructor is paying much more, it is difficult for a range owner to give the range time to us instead of the instructor.

8 lanes, 2 shooters per lane = 16 shooters. In a 90 minute timeframe, that's 48 shooters. Ranges typically get about $18 for two shooters per lane for 30 minutes during normal business hours. $18 x 8 lanes x 3 shifts = $432. We pay $75-$125 and would prefer to pay $0.

Ranges are limited in SE Michigan. There are CPL classes, handgun training classes, regular range renters, us, etc all competing for a limited number of lanes on a limited number of days. Everyone wants to hold classes on weekends because that's when the most people can attend, especially when classes are all-day 8-hour classes. We can't compete against a classroom of people paying $100-$250 per person for handgun training at a range.

In short, when range owners let us have an event at their range, instead of their normal business, they are doing us a favor. Especially since we cannot guarantee how many people will show up. It would be bad to pay $400 for range time and only 3 people show up.

Something like top gun/firing line for the southerners in the cold months, burton/advanced and/or something near lansing for the more northeners in the cold months, and centerline/livingston something outdoors for the westerners in the warm months. Use the same dates every year and everyone knows what they need to plan around and the ranges will give you priority for planning so far in advance.
1-2 cold dates indoors and 1-2 warm dates outdoors.

We already do this, but thanks for the suggestions. Regarding advance notice, we list events in 3 or 4 different areas of the web site for weeks even months in advance, yet people will still complain they didn't know about it.

My numbers may be skewed, but lots of people who won't be coming wouldn't bother to vote. I'd be interested if someone has numbers for attendance after this and previous engagements that were on weekend dates to see how far off from reality my theory is. Of course then this becomes affected by things like membership numbers for example to correlate with the various event dates to try to correlate attendance with membership vs weekdays.

Our last three events where there was free range time and at least 3 or more weeks notice:

Saturday daytime outdoor event at Howell Gun Club: about 15 people. There was even free food.

Friday night indoor event at Top Gun: approx 50 people, probably more.

Saturday night indoor event at Advanced Ranges in Burton: 6-8 people.

mikeb32
01-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Maybe a little off-topic here, But...What is Firing Lines rule on OC or CC. I believe at one point in time you were only allowed to CC there. Has this been changed?

sprinklerguy28
01-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Can some one from Michigan Open Carry bring some membership applications? Thanks

I will have some on me. I will also bring my laptop so if anyone wants to sign up online or pay by credit card for MGO or MOC. Thanks for the offer Tallbear.

Scott

dougwg
01-06-2011, 10:49 AM
So I take it dhrith is going to step up and setup the next get together?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember folks...If you're a member of MGO, you get $5 off your membership to MOC (and the other way around)

Pyzik
01-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Not everyone can make each shoot, boohoo.

There have been a few that I haven't been able to make it to and it was NO BIG DEAL. I make it to the ones I can.

This is just like when Jay Leno had that free concert at the Palace (I think that's where it was) and everyone from Detoilet was whining "it's not fair us Detroit folk can't get all the way up there, he needs to give us a free concert too!".:cry:

This is a free shoot, just enjoy it. If you can't make it, sorry, but there will be more through out the year.

Johnzilla, you have a cool head and deal with more than I could.

Sorry, rant over.

dougwg
01-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe a little off-topic here, But...What is Firing Lines rule on OC or CC. I believe at one point in time you were only allowed to CC there. Has this been changed?
Generally no OC allowed.

CC is good to go with CPL.

johnzilla
01-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Remember folks...If you're a member of MGO, you get $5 off your membership to MOC (and the other way around)

Thanks for the reminder! Just signed up.

johnzilla
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Johnzilla, you have a cool head and deal with more than I could.

Sorry, rant over.

Nah, no worries. Suggestions and comments on how we can do better are always welcome. I wish we had our own range then we could really take things to the next level. Without one we can only fit in with everyone else at the existing ranges and it does make scheduling things tough sometimes. That's why I'm glad Ed stepped up and volunteered to handle the arrangements this year. :D Thanks, Ed!

mikeb32
01-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I signed up on MOC today too...Thanks Doug for the info

Ed Hoffman
01-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Glad to do it
:-D

dougwg
01-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm bringing the "$160 Hi-Point Carbine" :bounce:

turbolag23
01-07-2011, 08:54 AM
glad to see another fun shoot, hopefully its not too late to say I'm coming and the gf actually wanted to come to this one!

pnpxtreme
01-07-2011, 03:20 PM
noob here.. thinkin bout coming to this. Seems like good fun :)

Garbo
01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
we are somewhat of a game time decision but it looks like 4 of us

jrak123
01-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Glad to do it
:-D
Thanks Ed, for putting tonight together. It was a really good time, I wish I had gotten to talk to some more of you there. but those of who I talked to it was nice to meet you all.

Pretty sure my co-worker Chris is going to going home and signing up on the site.

Personal thank you to ftlosm for letting me shoot his full size SR9. And the other guy from my lane with the 1911 and the 22 pistol that you let me shoot. I'm sorry I didn't get your name, I tried to catch it off your name tag....but... yeah I didn't

Maranatha
01-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Great Time tonight, Glad to See all of the ladies that attended.

Thanks you for all that Came

ChessieMike
01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Yes thanks for putting it together, nice to meet people albeit I can ******* remember anyones name :banghead: . Remember ftlosm, Pyzik, and.......ah crap nevermind, thanks to the one gentleman who let me shoot his Rhino, lots of people there almost too many for that building, I am not complaining just saying there was an abundance of MGO people there!

mikeb32
01-07-2011, 10:30 PM
It was great finally getting to put a face with a screen name.

XDM 40 cal
01-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks Ed, for putting tonight together. It was a really good time, I wish I had gotten to talk to some more of you there. but those of who I talked to it was nice to meet you all.

Pretty sure my co-worker Chris is going to going home and signing up on the site.

Personal thank you to ftlosm for letting me shoot his full size SR9. And the other guy from my lane with the 1911 and the 22 pistol that you let me shoot. I'm sorry I didn't get your name, I tried to catch it off your name tag....but... yeah I didn't

Sorry, i didnt get a chance to shoot with you, but it all good glad you had a good time..:biggrin:

turbolag23
01-07-2011, 11:00 PM
that was a great turnout, so many people. i took a few pictures ill try to get up sometime.

FTLOSM
01-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I can't think of a better way for me to have gone and shot my first time with my new SR9, it ate thru 150 rounds like a starving kid at an unlimited buffet...

I bought 500 rounds and figured that would last me a long time, well now I see that isn't the case, but I did get an idea, for my 2nd gun (LOL) I will look for a full sized 22LR as those bullets are so much cheaper...

Seemed like we had a big crowd too, thanks again to MGO for hosting this event and the firing line for having us and the variety of targets!

Bill :)
aka "FTLOSM"

dpgperftest
01-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I was only at the F/L for half hour. Since I was on lunch from work it was nice seeing and meeting people again. I really appreciate that no one painted me with Red dots :plasmagu:

dougwg
01-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I was only at the F/L for half hour. Since I was on lunch from work it was nice seeing and meeting people again. I really appreciate that no one painted me with Red dots :plasmagu:
How could you see your back?

jolari
01-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow, there were a lot of people there. I counted 24 people on the range at 8:00pm. I brought my dad and we only got to shoot for about 15 minutes but it was still fun. Got a chance to shoot my dad's Golden Boy for the first time. Man is that a sweet and accurate gun. Also got to shoot the Ruger Single six we got him for his birthday. Thanks for putting this on!

SeeTee
01-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Great turn out tonight, on a snowy Friday night 50 people showed up to shoot, and a few more came out that didn’t shoot, and some just to crew the event so about 56-60 MGO and soon to be MGO’s were there, several new people and some that have been around for some time that finely came out to a shoot, I hope all of you had a good time.

A pleasure to try and at least say hello many of the new faces, and great to see again the ones I know.

It is good to see that people are getting the idea that MGO is more then a internet thing, it’s a people’s organization and I am glad people had another chance to meet one another.

A big thanks to the folks at Firingline, MGO’s Ed Hoffman, for putting it together, the BOD that were there and all the guy’s on the MGO crew that worked to keep order, and I don’t think any of them even had a chance to shoot.

I had a good time and I did get a chance to empty 5 mags 75 rounds out of the new M&P .40 worked just like a Zippo or a Glock :-D first time and every time, and it wanted to keep on going! lucky for me I ran out of time, saved on ammo.

Pyzik
01-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks for another fun night! The wife had fun, she finally stepped up from her .22 and wants to go rent a few things! My friend from work that came had fun too, he was too nervous to shoot anyone's guns other than mine though.

Thanks Doug for letting me shoot your M&P. I am dying to get one.

Thanks SeeTee for the brass. Can't wait to start reloading.

willowofwisp
01-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the free range time and I had a good time, was nice to see some familiar faces from the Top Gun shoot and it seemed everything went smoothly.

SeeTee
01-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Pyzik you are welcome and good to see you & the wife out at a shoot again and you brought a new guy with you!
Thank you for the snap caps I will use them, and a +1 trade for the pay it forward thread, you will just shoot that much more of that 5.56mm when you reload!

dpgperftest
01-08-2011, 02:00 AM
How could you see your back?
:shock:

dougwg
01-08-2011, 07:43 AM
:shock:
:razz:

johnzilla
01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks to everyone who braved the weather and roads and came out to the shoot last night, thanks to Ed for setting it all up and thanks to all of the MGO Members who volunteered to help make it go so smoothly!

Don't forget, there will be more free range time at the Members meeting in February in Bay City at Duncan's. Including the 200-yd underground rifle range!

moose67
01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Had a great time, thanks to everyone who put time in to make it happen, well done!!

Moose

XDM 40 cal
01-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Glad to see who did show up, John,Ed,carl,doug, And the guy with red dots on his back :p...(to name a few) MGO Fun shoot is one great way to put name with faces..

40calgal
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey guys,

We had a great time last night at the fun shoot. This was the second time we attended.
Thanks to the organizers and Firing Line staff for making this a very successful and FUN time!

Judi (40calgal)

40calgal
01-08-2011, 11:06 AM
^^^ What Judi said.......

It was good to try and put more faces with names.
Funny thing, once inside the range, my otherwise well functioning Howard Leight active muffs apparently became overwhelmed with all the shooting that they appeared to be switched off much of the time....making it hard to communicate with our fellow MGO'ers.
THAT has never happened before, but we are a trigger-happy bunch it seems ;^D
I think we got our newly scoped 15-22 pretty dialed-in last night, and thanks for the help from others that seemed to enjoy shooting it as well.

Brian 'SCA037' (on Judi's computer ;-))

MarkoPo
01-08-2011, 12:12 PM
My friend and I had a great time as well. I got to shoot my new pistol and let a few other people try some of my stuff out. Thanks!! Looking forward to another shoot soon.

turbolag23
01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
started a new thread with some pictures i took last night

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1116895#post1116895

pnpxtreme
01-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Man, im bummed I couldn't make it. Looks like everyone had a great time.

FTLOSM
01-12-2011, 02:56 PM

No prob on that, was it you next to me that let me shoot the sr9c and that big 45? The 45 was kinda fun, the sr9c too, at least to try, but with my big hands i realized i gotta go fullsized like the sr9 here....

jrak123
01-12-2011, 07:18 PM
No prob on that, was it you next to me that let me shoot the sr9c and that big 45? The 45 was kinda fun, the sr9c too, at least to try, but with my big hands i realized i gotta go fullsized like the sr9 here....
Yeah that was me, I should have let you shoot the SR9C with the full size mag, it would have made it a little better for you.

FTLOSM
01-13-2011, 04:37 AM
I am SO glad I got to shoot that sr9c tho, buying the full sized sr9 and knowing how everyone seems to love those compact and sub compacts, made me wonder did i go the wrong direction going full sized?

Have a glock friend who loves his 19 to me its a hair too small grip wise, the 17 fits my hands SO much better, so if I grab a glock down the road it will most likely be a 17 or maybe 34 or 17L for some fun target shooting.

Obviously I am not looking to carry daily by my choices above, mainly just something comfortable for at home defense wise and target shooting with.

I think I put 4 or 5 shots thru that sr9c and each time it just felt funky due to my large hands and the smaller grip, that full sr9 i got just feels awesome hand wise for me, seems odd but i guess cool that ruger makes it small yet offers the option to make it feel like full sized. I would assume someone wanting it small wouldn't want to extend the grip (kinda defeats the purpose) altho the barrel is a bit shorter isn't it (I didnt dig out the specs).

XDM 40 cal
01-13-2011, 06:03 AM
I am SO glad I got to shoot that sr9c tho, buying the full sized sr9 and knowing how everyone seems to love those compact and sub compacts, made me wonder did i go the wrong direction going full sized?

Have a glock friend who loves his 19 to me its a hair too small grip wise, the 17 fits my hands SO much better, so if I grab a glock down the road it will most likely be a 17 or maybe 34 or 17L for some fun target shooting.

Obviously I am not looking to carry daily by my choices above, mainly just something comfortable for at home defense wise and target shooting with.

I think I put 4 or 5 shots thru that sr9c and each time it just felt funky due to my large hands and the smaller grip, that full sr9 i got just feels awesome hand wise for me, seems odd but i guess cool that ruger makes it small yet offers the option to make it feel like full sized. I would assume someone wanting it small wouldn't want to extend the grip (kinda defeats the purpose) altho the barrel is a bit shorter isn't it (I didnt dig out the specs).

Pehaps you might want to shoot a M&P 45 or 40....If you every Meet Dmo
He has Big hands too and he carry's that handgun...

moose67
01-13-2011, 09:58 AM

jrak123, I think that was me :infinity:

mikeb32
01-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Dang Moose...I didn't realize you were there. How did that poll end up for your nephew?