PDA

View Full Version : HCR 0001 of 2011Resolution to affirm Michigan's sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment

Tallbear
01-14-2011, 05:23 AM
HCR 0001 of 2011 (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2011-HCR-0001)
A concurrent resolution to affirm Michigan's sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and to urge the federal government to halt its practice of imposing mandates upon the states for purposes not enumerated by the Constitution of the United States.
Last Action: 1/13/2011 referred to Committee on Oversight, Reform, and Ethics

Pyzik
01-14-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm not holding my breath on this one, this state is still awfully blue.

But that will be a happy day.

pgaplayerless
01-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Waste of time. Made such a difference in those states that already passed it along with the firearms freedom act......

MLG
01-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I agree with PGA, we should just simply go along as lemmings because it's just too hard and we will only waste time and energy for nothing. NOT!

Seems that was the same thought expressed by a lot of people about the Tea Party 0n 4-15-2009. Then the voice and the strength of a few grew and has become a significant factor in our electoral process.

Never give up! Success isn't easily achieved but it's impossible if you do nothing.

pgaplayerless
01-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I agree with PGA, we should just simply go along as lemmings because it's just too hard and we will only waste time and energy for nothing. NOT!

Seems that was the same thought expressed by a lot of people about the Tea Party 0n 4-15-2009. Then the voice and the strength of a few grew and has become a significant factor in our electoral process.

Never give up! Success isn't easily achieved but it's impossible if you do nothing.

lol election results show Tea Party had minimalistic impact on the elections..... Only big impact was that thanks to tea party GOP lost a Senate seat.

But ok go about passing political posturing "make feel good" bills that carry no weight and only waste legislative resources.

TheQ
01-17-2011, 01:27 AM
@OP

Sadly, this is just a Concurrent Resolution. It has no force in law. We need a HB or SB that has legal teeth and includes the words "NULL AND VOID AND OF NO FORCE" regarding Federal laws that overstep the Federal powers.

The HCR as written is a pretty document, but it has no teeth. It can't even be used as a legal defense. It won't start a Court case about the 10th amendment, it isn't a real challenge to Federal Powers.

I agree with everything it says, it just won't do anything.

MLG
01-17-2011, 10:01 AM
lol election results show Tea Party had minimalistic impact on the elections..... Only big impact was that thanks to tea party GOP lost a Senate seat.

But ok go about passing political posturing "make feel good" bills that carry no weight and only waste legislative resources.

Drinking a bit are we? :lolup:

Hmmm... you seem to be in the extreme minority if you truly believe that the effect of the Tea Party had minimal effect on the ENTIRE 2011 election outcome, or are wearing your rose colored glasses of liberalism again.

The House experienced one of the largest seat changes in history, largely because of the work of individuals associated with the Tea Party movement. Typical liberal ploy, try to divert attention to a particular area in which they experienced success and claim a resounding victory for their team or failure for the opposition.

pgaplayerless
01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Drinking a bit are we? :lolup:

Hmmm... you seem to be in the extreme minority if you truly believe that the effect of the Tea Party had minimal effect on the ENTIRE 2011 election outcome, or are wearing your rose colored glasses of liberalism again.

The House experienced one of the largest seat changes in history, largely because of the work of individuals associated with the Tea Party movement. Typical liberal ploy, try to divert attention to a particular area in which they experienced success and claim a resounding victory for their team or failure for the opposition.

Stats speak for themselves. Of all tea party candidates, only 32% actually got elected. That's very poor result considering they already have 50% of getting elected due to the two party system....

LOL most of America do not want Obama-care, do not want banks to get bail out, etc and voted in response to what democrats did. Sorry bud that does not automatically make them tea partiers.....

Know about 45 people that voted for republican candidates, some of them voted democrat before. None of them identified themselves at tea partiers nor said tea partiers changes their position.

You can spew your partisan smear BS about me being liberal all you want. I'm libertarian that votes libertarian or republican or not at all.

Ciao!

MLG
01-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Stats speak for themselves. Of all tea party candidates, only 32% actually got elected. That's very poor result considering they already have 50% of getting elected due to the two party system....

LOL most of America do not want Obama-care, do not want banks to get bail out, etc and voted in response to what democrats did. Sorry bud that does not automatically make them tea partiers.....

Know about 45 people that voted for republican candidates, some of them voted democrat before. None of them identified themselves at tea partiers nor said tea partiers changes their position.

You can spew your partisan smear BS about me being liberal all you want. I'm libertarian that votes libertarian or republican or not at all.

Ciao!

So, there are no liberal libertarians? I also am a libertarian but conservative in my views.

You never cease to amaze me, you ignor the fact that the tea party was the single most important factor in revitalizing the conservative base. After the 2008 elections there was report after report on the news channels about how the GOP party was dead and buried and could never be a viable party again. Then the tea party came together and 2 years later, it was a whole new story.

If the tea party is not a major factor, why does the media give it so much attention and why are the liberal press and some of the democrats starting to move back to center and adopting some of the tea party speak?

I just believe we should exercise our voice as often as we have opportunity. Lending our voice to the other 19-20 states doing the same thing is, IMHO, a show of support. I parralled this with the tea party because the tea party is void of power short of the voices of people standing together in unity on issues they strongly believe in. I believe they have been very effective and they have gotten attention that a US void of their presence, might be looking at a still depressed conservative base.

Bottomline, I support and applaud the Resolution you think it's a worthless effort. I think the Tea Party is a force to be reconned with, you don't. So be it!

MLG is Over and Out!

Take Care!

Edited for clarification and kinder - gentler presentation of my view.