PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 1911 9mm

Mike Burrows
01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
I picked it up 2 weeks ago. I only put about 30 rounds through it, which went flawlessly. I will give more of a report when it comes back from the gunsmith as I bought it to convert to 9x23. For what it's worth when I asked him if he thought a Taurus would be acceptable for this, he told me if I could find one to buy it.
I can't wait to get it back!!
Mike

duckflyer
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
I bought one last week. Took it home, cleaned all of the packing grease out of it, oiled it up, and dreamed about it all night.
Took it out next day to the range and put 200+ rounds (various brands of ammo) through it. Had ZERO issues, shot flawlessly, no jams, FTF, etc... Used both the Taurus and Meggar magazines.
I love it!
Jon:-D

G36 Shooter
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I've had mine (.45acp) for more than two years, I did remove the ambi safty and replaced it with an Ed Brown 'tac-safety' the gun has been flawlees and shoots any ammo I feed it, enjoy yours.

JimSig
02-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I've had mine (.45acp) for more than two years, I did remove the ambi safty and replaced it with an Ed Brown 'tac-safety' the gun has been flawlees and shoots any ammo I feed it, enjoy yours.

Was the ambi safety replacement pretty forward or you needed some micro fitting.

G36 Shooter
02-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Was the ambi safety replacement pretty forward or you needed some micro fitting.
I did have to do some minor fitting,a little at a time to get it right. The ambi safety working loose is the only prob I have had with my PT1911.