PDA

View Full Version : demilled guns / parts kits (AKs, G3s, FALs, ect)

Ken D
07-05-2005, 04:35 PM
for those of you who enjoy building guns from demilled part sets, the good 'ole days may be coming to an end.

several sites are reporting that atf has stopped allowing the importation of parts kits with functional barrels, this has been a grey area for awhile, looks like they finally got tired of manufacturers abusing the "for repair or replacement only" clause.

anyway, if you want any kits, get them fast. most sources have already sold out.

ken

Batman
07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Not True....This from the Fal files web site

"I just received a phone call from the ATF person in charge of publishing the rulemaking decisions. This is the person who is the contact listed in an earlier post here on the files.

He had informed me that there was no ban on importation of military surplus barrels, or kits with them that are intact. Also, that there have been no denials of any Form 6 permits nor any rulings in that regard. Also, the stated that until there is a formal rulemaking and it appears in the Federal Register, no action of any kind may be taken by anyone regarding pretty much anything.

He further advised me that I visit the website for any upated regarding any rulemaking decisions and for instuctions on input during the comment periods.

I had mentioned to the person that if in fact the denial of form 6's were reality, and the change on the barrels were actual, that there would be literally hundreds of thousands of letters flying to our congresspeople. He immediately said that there was no need to do that, as there was no ruling about anything that I'd asked about.

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no ban on barrels, this from the ATF, unless they are illegally doing this, without congressional approval, nor a record of a decision as required by law. The ruling is either there, or it's not, and it is not. "

Stuff like this has happened before. Yes one day it could be an issue but likely not on GWB2's watch. But your point is a good one....buy while you can!!

Ken D
07-06-2005, 07:04 PM
looks like it has nothing to do with rulemaking, atf has had the authority since 1968 to regulate non-sporting arms.

ar15.com and gunco.net have reports from 4 vendors about denied form-6s for kits with bbls.

things are getting interesting.....

Batman
07-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Well I don't know what to say about the posts. I can only report what BATFE says.

Time will tell.