PDA

View Full Version : First Alert 2060 Electronic Safe keep kids out

alieid
01-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I did quite a bit of research on an electronic safe that would keep children away from my pistol and chose the First Alert Safe. Apparently I can't post a link until I have more than 10 posts, bummer. Amazon has it for 88 bucks and I recieved mine in two days. Couple of reasons I liked it are listed below. I thought I'd share with others looking for a similar product. The safe is a First Alert 2060 but keep in mind this is NOT a fire safe and is not designed to keep thieves out. I was not concerned about theft. One thing to add is it does have a confirmation beep anytime you hit a button but I'm not concerned about that since i have an alarm in the house and my siren is way louder than the beep lol.

1) It has an electronic lock and can be programmed for three digit to 8 digit code.

2) The handle on this safe is solid and easy to grab. As dumb as that sounds i found many safe that had plastic knobs for a handle which tended to slip. I wanted something I can reliably use for an emergency.

3) It has a backup key which I will store away from the house

4) It's fully carpetted on all interior walls

5) It fits under my bed because of the low profile but it's very wide at 18"

hopeitsfast
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Here it is for any interested.

http://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-2060F-Digital-Anti-Theft/dp/B002RL9RU4

jmanz6
01-21-2011, 02:06 PM
"...and is not designed to keep thieves out."

I have to ask if it's not designed to keep thieves out, what makes you think it will keep kids out? Most kids are at least 2X smarter than most thieves.

I liked it until I saw you wrote that. That seems to indicate the "safe" is just a metal box with no security in mind.

alieid
01-21-2011, 10:14 PM
What I meant is that a thief can get into it with some tools....