PDA

View Full Version : Review Thumler's Tumbler

musashi
01-22-2011, 08:13 PM
I purchased this from a member here and was a bit skeptical. I figured it was worth a shot since "everybody on the internet" said it worked and usually that is the first sign to run away.

I will not go in depth on the instructions but I will give you a general synopsis of the process.

Buy your Thumlers Tumbler, some stainless steel tumbling media, and some Lemi Shine. Steal your wife's Dawn dish soap. Go to your neighbors house and steal a gallon of water and run an electrical cord from their outside outlet and into your house. (This keeps you from running your water and electric bills up)

Put 5lbs of media and 2lbs of brass into the tumbler, toss in some lemi shine and dish soap and put the lid on the tumbler. Plug it in and go away for 4 hours. When you return, your brass will be clean as new. If it was military brass it will be cleaner. Primer pockets and flash holes are immaculate.

Here is a place where you can buy everything in one shot.
http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/

I would post pictures but for the first time in my life I can honestly say that the results look just like they say on TV! Just go to the link above and look at the pictures. I was pleasantly surprised at it working AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED

EricF517
01-22-2011, 11:29 PM
I think your fibbing! Pics or it didn't happen!!

musashi
01-23-2011, 08:33 AM
I think your fibbing! Pics or it didn't happen!!
:banghead: :banghead:

When I find my camera I will try and take some pics for you Eric.

For your application I would suggest getting a cement mixer and coat it with a rubberized coating. Leave the paddles in there too, and just buy 15 or 20 pounds of the media.

Ol` Joe
01-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I`ve heard they work, but never seen one except in pictures. I`ve heard a lot of people brag up the SS media too. They all swear it cleans primer pockets and inside the case like nothing else. I`m a old retiree though, and when I saw the media was more then I paid for my old tumbler and media combined I kinda puckered.
I`m glad to hear they both do as well as they say.

Tedfs
01-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I think I saw this here and missed out on it due to lack of funds.

I've seen the results first hand and the system does work.
When Taxes come back, I'm picking this system up. Cleaning primer pockets
and flash holes is about as much fun as sticking hot brass in your eye.

EricF517
01-23-2011, 05:28 PM
:banghead: :banghead:

When I find my camera I will try and take some pics for you Eric.

For your application I would suggest getting a cement mixer and coat it with a rubberized coating. Leave the paddles in there too, and just buy 15 or 20 pounds of the media.

I hope you didn't bury it in the wall while you were doing your remodeling. I don't do that much brass. Especially now since the 5r is out of commission for a while.

So was it a pain to work with or pretty easy?

Ted I agree about the cleaning primer pockets, that's why I don't anymore.

musashi
01-23-2011, 10:30 PM
I hope you didn't bury it in the wall while you were doing your remodeling. I don't do that much brass. Especially now since the 5r is out of commission for a while.

So was it a pain to work with or pretty easy?

Ted I agree about the cleaning primer pockets, that's why I don't anymore.
It is so easy, a cave man could do it. Separating the media from the water is the hardest part but that is not bad. I was not confident in the flash holes being cleaned but I inspected 250 cases and they were all spic and span.