PDA

View Full Version : Which Lake Mi Charter ?

countryboy2
01-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Looking at takeing the family this July on a salmon charter.Would like to go out of Grand Haven to ludington. This would be our first time.Personal exp. would be helpful.

steelhdgreg
01-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Looking at takeing the family this July on a salmon charter.Would like to go out of Grand Haven to ludington. This would be our first time.Personal exp. would be helpful.

Head just a bit further north and set something up with Paul. Graet captain who will put you into the fish. Known him for quite some time and will not dissapoint.

http://www.riversidecharters.com/

lee
01-31-2011, 11:00 PM
We use Denny Blue of the boat "True Blue" out of Onekama which is north of Manistee. His 34 ft boat has corporate sponsorships from Raymarine, etc...He is very good and a friendly guy----retired Ford Employee. 100% professional-----he will get you fish.

Quack Addict
02-01-2011, 12:12 AM
You will want to plan ahead and make reservations, like now. July and August are prime-time, and a lot of the charters fish the pro-divisions in a lot of tournaments. If staying in a hotel/motel, may also be a good idea to think well ahead.

It's worth asking about the charter's policy on "blow days" or bad weather. I don't think there is an industry standard on deposits and weather, and I know of one charter up my way that screwed folks on their deposit even though the boat never left the dock on account of a blow. A different charter up my way took clients out into a storm and got hit by lightning a couple years back...

Best Chance Too out of Saugatuck will likely be looking for some business this season, possibly at discounted rates :roll:

For family & fun, avoid going out of a port on a tournament weekend.

If you make north of Manistee, I can recommend some VERY GOOD charters (and some to avoid). I've been fishing up that way for ~30 years, feel free to ask if you have any ?'s

suesealu
02-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Thunder Duck 2 outta grand haven. great guy reasonable price

shurhouse
02-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Head just a bit further north and set something up with Paul. Great captain who will put you into the fish. Known him for quite some time and will not disappoint.

http://www.riversidecharters.com/

+1 for riverside. I've been on 2 steelie trips with him. Excellent

FIJI
02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
been out with him a number of times, and will again !