PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE HERE UP FOR SOME TRAP/SKEET SHOOTING...

ZIPGRAVER
08-06-2005, 04:13 PM
...at Bald Mountain...they have a great facility??? I'd be happy to try and set up something if we can put together a group. Let me know either here or by PM or email. :P

ZIPGRAVER
08-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Anyone up for some trap/skeet shooting at Bald Mountain...they have a great facility??? I'd be happy to try and set up something if we can put together a group. Let me know either here or by PM or email. :P

Tallbear
08-06-2005, 05:16 PM
I'd give it a try.

Tallbear
08-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm ready to beat you AGAIN!!!!!

ZIPGRAVER
08-06-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm ready to beat you AGAIN!!!!!

Don't make me vomit...you don't even know which end of the gun the shot comes out of. :shock: :twisted:

Barbara
08-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Dunno where Bald Mountain is and no time these days to make stew (and haven't killed any new deer anyway) but I'm game.

No worries about me beating anyone, anyway. Let me know.

ZIPGRAVER
08-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Dunno where Bald Mountain is and no time these days to make stew (and haven't killed any new deer anyway) but I'm game.

Bald Mountain is a state rec area north of the Palace off Lapeer Rd in Lake Orion.

Too bad about the stew :?

Kouger
08-06-2005, 10:50 PM

your game?.........Barb...I am leaving this one alone

gjgalligan
08-07-2005, 08:47 AM
I have never shot clays of any sort but want to try it out.
If this offer includes a little help getting started then I'm interested!
And it is close to home too!

gjgalligan
08-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Bald Mt. Is just north of the Palace of Auburn Hills
(where the Pistons play)

Autumnlovr
08-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Depending on the date/time, I'd be willing to come out and make myself look silly. Besides, it's much closer for me than any of the western shooting ranges. It's actually between work & home!

Ken P
08-07-2005, 12:28 PM
merged into one thread to keep everyone interested informed of details...

ken

ZIPGRAVER
08-07-2005, 03:11 PM
So far we have 6 people interested. Trap requires no more than 5 shooters per round. Skeet should be no more than 5 shooters per round.

Greg no problem with help. Do you own a shotgun?

I presume we're going to want a Saturday or Sunday??? :shock:

goldwing2000
08-07-2005, 03:27 PM
If the schedule works out, I'd be interested.

gjgalligan
08-07-2005, 06:32 PM
So far we have 6 people interested. Trap requires no more than 5 shooters per round. Skeet should be no more than 5 shooters per round.

Greg no problem with help. Do you own a shotgun?

I presume we're going to want a Saturday or Sunday??? :shock:

Do you own a shotgun?

Yep! Just bought a new O/U from Kurt and am eager to try it out.

Sunday would be the best for me although a Sat afternoon would work also.

Tallbear
08-07-2005, 07:02 PM
The more the merrier. We can squad up after everyone arrives.

Barbara
08-07-2005, 07:18 PM
How about the 10th? The Dove dinner is the 9th, so not too early.

The 11th would be good, but me and the kids and some friends are going to go see Green Day.

ZIPGRAVER
08-07-2005, 07:53 PM
How about the 10th? The Dove dinner is the 9th, so not too early.

The 11th would be good, but me and the kids and some friends are going to go see Green Day.

Sep 10 or 11 would be good. Let me see what they say at Bald Mountain.

Barbara
08-07-2005, 08:02 PM
The 11th is my birthday, but the only thing I have planned is that concert so far.

ZIPGRAVER
08-08-2005, 10:21 AM
The 11th is my birthday, but the only thing I have planned is that concert so far.

You're a Virgin...uh Virgo too??? Mines the 13th but I've had a lot more of them than you. I'm a real old Virgi...uh Virgo. Come out and we'll do some birthday bangin' together. :shock: :P

jlkidle
08-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I wanna go too! And I can shoot just as poorly as Barb - but gosh, I like it! And every now and then you hit one of them little clay pigeons, and ya feel like laughing!

Are we there yet?

Fiddler
08-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I could probably shoot more pigeons with my kimber, but I'd give it a whirl just to get out and shoot with you guys for the fun of it. Hey Jeanne, I hear you have a great trap and skeet gun. What are you shooting?

RSF
08-09-2005, 09:09 PM
not the 11th illbe on my way to colorado to hunt elk

goldwing2000
08-09-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm out of town that weekend, too. :(

Don't change plans on my account, though.

Barbara
08-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Yep, Virgo here, too.

I've heard we're supposed to be grumpy and uptight but I'd say you and I are proof that's not true!

Barbara
08-14-2005, 06:05 PM
How is it looking?

I have a big pot of venison stew going right now, but somehow, I don't think this one will last till then.

ZIPGRAVER
08-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Yep, Virgo here, too.

I've heard we're supposed to be grumpy and uptight but I'd say you and I are proof that's not true!

I don't know about that...Grumpy is my nickname :?

ZIPGRAVER
08-14-2005, 09:43 PM
OK I stopped by the range at Bald Mountain today and asked them about Sunday Sept 11 and they said just show up. Nothing special there. They will accommodate us no matter how many we have. They offer skeet, trap and clays. Skeet and trap are $5.00/round and you have to use #9 shot on the skeet field...why??? Who knows but maybe too many sprinkles on heads around there??? I don't think there is any restrictions on trap but I always use #7-1/2 or #8. I usually get Winchester AA or any target loads on sale at Gander Mountain. Walmart sometimes has cheap loads. I suggest meeting there about noon. We were there today and there wasn't a soul on skeet or trap.

Rupestris
08-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Now that its on a weekend I could probably fit some shooting in.

Anyone able to give a rookie clay shooter a few pointers on the trap range? I shot my first round late last year but have not been able to get back out since.

ZIPGRAVER
08-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Now that its on a weekend I could probably fit some shooting in.

Anyone able to give a rookie clay shooter a few pointers on the trap range? I shot my first round late last year but have not been able to get back out since.

No problem helping out since we're all such great shooters :P

ZIPGRAVER
08-17-2005, 07:55 AM
FYI- Gander Mountain has a great sale going on Federal Estate target loads. $3.19/box but the one by my house doesn't have any #9 shot. If you are only going to shoot trap then that's not a problem but if you want to shoot a couple of rounds of skeet too YOU MUST USE #9. Of course they sell them at the range :evil: $6.00/box

Tallbear
08-19-2005, 05:51 AM
OK I stopped by the range at Bald Mountain today and asked them about Sunday Sept 11 and they said just show up. Nothing special there. They will accommodate us no matter how many we have. They offer skeet, trap and clays. Skeet and trap are $5.00/round and you have to use #9 shot on the skeet field...why??? Who knows but maybe too many sprinkles on heads around there??? I don't think there is any restrictions on trap but I always use #7-1/2 or #8. I usually get Winchester AA or any target loads on sale at Gander Mountain. Walmart sometimes has cheap loads. I suggest meeting there about noon. We were there today and there wasn't a soul on skeet or trap.

Here's a map to the range........ http://www.800shotgun.com/Bald_Mountain_Information.htm

ZIPGRAVER
08-27-2005, 09:49 AM
OK we have two weeks to go before this big event :roll: How many people are definitley going to be there. We could even plan Sunday lunch after or???

BTW- For anybody in the Auburn Hills area Bass Pro Shop has Remington game loads, #7-1/2 or 8, on sale for $2.99/box. These are perfect for trap and Gander Mountain is suppose to be getting Estate target loads in #9 soon. ($3.19/box)

Tallbear
08-27-2005, 01:26 PM
So did you decide which day? Is it the 10 or 11? And what time? I can be there either day; just depends on the time.

ZIPGRAVER
08-27-2005, 04:01 PM

See here oh ye old one. If we can get enough people maybe we can get a discount on shooting. :?: :shock:

Barbara
08-27-2005, 06:40 PM
I want to come but if I do, I'll have 5 or 6 teenagers with me, on our way to the concert that night..it's too far to make the drive twice. Think that'll be ok?

Tallbear
08-27-2005, 07:01 PM
I want to come but if I do, I'll have 5 or 6 teenagers with me, on our way to the concert that night..it's too far to make the drive twice. Think that'll be ok?

As long as they don't shoot better than me, they're welcome. :wink:

ZIPGRAVER
08-27-2005, 07:52 PM

I don't know...if it's the same teens you brought to that one in Jackson then NO... THEY WHIPPED OUR BUTTS....just kidding :P

Barbara
08-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Ha! That wasn't kids, that was me!

(Heh..ok, maybe it wasn't..but that's my story.)

paddy
08-28-2005, 07:56 AM
I would like do do this but will be on vacation.

I bought my first shotgun last winter and need someone to show me how to use it.

ZIPGRAVER
08-28-2005, 08:20 AM
I would like do do this but will be on vacation.

I bought my first shotgun last winter and need someone to show me how to use it.

Ah well too bad. There'll be plenty of "PERFESHINIL" shotgunners there that day. :P

Executioner
08-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Virgo also. Sounds like fun but I'm already committed to A-Ga-Ming that whole weekend.

Goldurnit!!

gjgalligan
08-30-2005, 06:35 PM
I think I should make it ok.

Does it have to be target loads? I have a few boxes of target load but
I bought some of OutDoor World's $2.99 shotshells (field loads) just for this type of thing.

ZIPGRAVER
08-30-2005, 06:54 PM
I think I should make it ok.

Does it have to be target loads? I have a few boxes of target load but
I bought some of OutDoor World's $2.99 shotshells (field loads) just for this type of thing.

Only has to be #9 shot on the skeet field. 7-1/2 or 8 should work for trap. Field loads are good.

gjgalligan
09-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Do we need a state park sticker to get in?

ZIPGRAVER
09-04-2005, 05:02 PM

I'm not sure. It says so on the gate but when I was there, there was nobody selling them... so??? :roll:

Barbara
09-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure I'll be able to go. I don't think I can do both in the same day right now. I'm maybe not as young as I used to be. :)

Jerry
09-04-2005, 08:19 PM

A State Park sticker IS required....If you need one they are sold at the desk inside the club house.

I usually just buy the day pass as I do not go there enough times a year to pay for a yearly pass.

JR

Tallbear
09-06-2005, 05:08 AM
Shoot is this Sunday at noon. So how many plan on being there? (I'll be "fashionably" late.)

ZIPGRAVER
09-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Hmmmf...looks like we got two of us :? :oops:

gjgalligan
09-09-2005, 06:27 AM
I guess I am not suppose to go shooting any more!

I missed the Lapeer pit shoot because unexpected company showed up last weekend.
Now the boss is telling me to work this Sunday and since that is a double time day I better take it.

I haven't worked a Sunday in a long, long time.

Hope you have lots of fun, enough that you do it again so I can make it then.

Tallbear
09-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Just talked to Zipgraver and he and I won't be going tomorrow.

We were hoping for more interest in getting together.

Barbara
09-10-2005, 06:41 PM
I really do want to do this..I was even considering going tomorrow since I've been feeling a lot better the past couple days. It's probably best if I wait a while, though..but I promise if you do have one, I'll make it if its at all possible. And I'll make Jeanne come with me!

Rupestris
09-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. Like Barbra, I'd really like to get out to the range with some good folks.
Within the past two weeks, prettymuch everything has come unglued. My supervisor at work quit so I get to take over his work. That includes four weeks in Filth-adelphia, PA over the next eight weeks. (week here, week there, week here... :roll: ) .
Other obligations had me booked solid this past weekend as well.

I'll be watching this thread when I can and will try to make it but can't promise much.

My shotguns are feeling quite neglected and I fear an uprising and mutiny is on the horizon.