PDA

View Full Version : MGO & Michigan Open Carry Charity Fundraiser

johnzilla
02-09-2011, 09:08 AM
MGO is joining with Michigan Open Carry in support of their charity fundraiser bowling night to benefit The Care House in Macomb county.

Continental Lanes
31055 Gratiot Avenue
Roseville, MI 48066
google map (http://bit.ly/gEmC93)

Saturday, March 26, 2011 9:30 PM - ??

$20 per person pre-registration
$25 per person at the door

Cost includes 3 games, shoes, pizza and pop.

Click here for online pre-registration (http://www.michiganopencarry.org/?q=carehouse)

Door prizes, raffles and 50/50 will be offered. Prize donations by MGO members is encouraged and definitely appreciated!

Flyer in PDF format attached...distribution and posting appreciated!

Pyzik
02-09-2011, 09:54 AM
What's the date?

Tried the link but it wouldn't load on my phone.

scot623
02-09-2011, 10:15 AM
What's the date?

Tried the link but it wouldn't load on my phone.

March 26th. Online Pre-register here...http://www.michiganopencarry.org/?q=carehouse

johnzilla
02-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Edited to add date. Thanks for catching that!

remingtondude58
02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
This is really neat, you picked the wrong bowling alley, but still really nice!

sprinklerguy28
02-23-2011, 10:53 AM
We have some great items coming in for door prizes and raffles. Sign up now at www.carehouse.miopencarry.org.

sprinklerguy28
02-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks to 2 MOC members and Target Sports there will be a brand new Keltec PF9 for raffle. Please sign up at www.carehouse.miopencarry.org. Let's support the kids of Care House!!!

sprinklerguy28
03-04-2011, 07:02 AM
In addition to the handgun being raffled off we have prizes donated from many companies including,

Target Sports
Michigun
Magna-Port
Dougwg
BDs Mongolian BBQ
Jawors Golf Center
Hooters
Wessel's Gun Shop
Garfield and Canal Service
Rinke Cadilac
Detroit Arms
Webb Tactical
Great Skate

Plus a lot more, and we are still out gathering more donations

Glockster17
03-05-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pf-9/

http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/af185/Glockster17/PF9/

Sweet a chance at a cool CC pistol for next to nothing! Count me in!

sse
03-05-2011, 04:14 PM
The concept of gun orgs participating in charitable programs has a lot of merit. Attendance is iffy, but I'll probably donate to the cause.

sprinklerguy28
03-08-2011, 03:11 AM
More businesses added to above post. Please register now. Let's show or communities that gun owners do what is right. Let's help the children who really need assistance. We can truly change lives by making this a huge event. We have had 60+ people show up to dinners and seminars. For a cause like this we should double that number. Remember all proceeds go to benefit the Care House (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Care-House-Macomb-County-Child-Advocacy-Center/114917429865).

sse
03-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Let's show or communities that gun owners do what is right.
+1

sprinklerguy28
03-20-2011, 12:57 AM
One week a way. Hope to see a huge turnout.

scot623
03-24-2011, 11:10 AM
We all have an opportunity to witness a piece of sports history. Detroit Pistons owner, Karen Davidson, to benefit the Care House has graciously donated 4 owners suite tickets and a parking pass to attend the April 1st Detroit Pistons vs Chicago Bulls(with league MVP front runner Derrick Rose) game. Bad Boy Dennis Rodman's jersey will be retired and hung from the rafters at this game. Only 6 Pistons players have had their number retired! I have been to multiple games in the owners suite and let me tell you, there is no better way to see a game at the Palace. Mid level, half court, Big screen TV inside, bar or stadium seating outside. Popcorn, cookies, pop and water in the suite free for the taking! What an experience for your kids or friends! Attend the fundraiser and put your raffles tickets down on this package and it can be yours!!

PDinDetroit
03-24-2011, 10:30 PM
PD + 4 Pre-Registered.

Harry25
03-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I'll be there, paying at the door.

Side note: Just signed up for my CPL class for tomorrow.

scot623
03-27-2011, 12:13 AM
A check for $1500 was handed to the Care House tonight! What a great charity, they were beyond thankful for the generosity of those who attended and/or donated showed. Kudo's 2A community!!!

DanM
03-27-2011, 11:18 AM
A check for $1500 was handed to the Care House tonight! What a great charity, they were beyond thankful for the generosity those who attended and/or donated showed. Kudo's 2A community!!!

Makes my heart warm. Good job, gun guys! Huge thanks to the MGO/MOC leadership and members that did all the hard work of setting up, running it, and taking down.

Me and Ms. DanM had a GREAT TIME seeing some folks we already know and some new ones, while supporting this good cause.

PDinDetroit
03-27-2011, 11:38 AM
PDinDetroit +5 had a great time.

We had a guy from the local area, not an MOC or MGO Member, join our "bowling team", who under 9-Pin No Tap bowled a 286 (10 strikes in a row, most were natural strikes). This guy was a little nervous at first about Open Carry of Firearms, but got over that pretty quickly.

The best game I could muster was a 201 (3 strikes in the 10th frame to get there).

johnzilla
03-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Makes my heart warm. Good job, gun guys! Huge thanks to the MGO/MOC leadership and members that did all the hard work of setting up, running it, and taking down.

Agreed, it was great to see so many gun owners supporting a good cause. MOC was lead on this event, the thanks go to them and the MGO Members and forum members that supported them.

I could only stay a few minutes as I had to take a midnight shift at work, but from what I saw everyone was having a great time and everything was well in hand.

Thanks again to everyone that supported the event, MOC and the Care House!

wwjmaj
03-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Thank you MGO and MOC people for showing gun owners care. Sorry I could not be with you due to other commitments but I appreciate EVERYONE showing that Gun Owners CARE TOO!

Thank you MOC for the idea and the excellent cooperation and coordination of this event.

PDinDetroit
03-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Agreed, it was great to see so many gun owners supporting a good cause. MOC was lead on this event, the thanks go to them and the MGO Members and forum members that supported them.

I could only stay a few minutes as I had to take a midnight shift at work, but from what I saw everyone was having a great time and everything was well in hand.

Thanks again to everyone that supported the event, MOC and the Care House!

Sorry I missed you. Next time perhaps...