PDA

View Full Version : Firing Line changes?

goldwing2000
08-18-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm going to be up at the Firing Line today at 4:30 to test out my new Kel-Tec and "borrowed" TacPoint.

If anybody is sitting at home bored, I'll be there for about an hour. :thup:

goldwing2000
08-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Man, I go away for a little while and they change a bunch of stuff at the Firing Line!

No more shelf along the wall behind the line, which sucks because now there's nowhere to put your crap!

Targets are now taped onto a piece of cardboard instead of clipped. Seemed to work ok but it's just odd.

Prices went up (again).

Some new female working the counter has a serious attitude problem. Maybe just my perception but she definitely didn't seem at all friendly, despite my cordial manner and smiling face.

Oh well... at least I got sighted in. :roll:

Fiddler
08-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Yes, they have made a few changes, but they're trying to make changes for the better, or at least safer.

The removal of the shelf on the back wall is a bummer, but it was done to keep people from handling their firearms on the shelf. Unfortunately, there were a lot of people who weren't following the rules despite all the posted signs. I know I have had guns pointed at me by people handling, or worse yet loading guns at the counter. It's too bad people wont respect the rules.

The cardboard backers are there because a lot of people were missing their targets and hitting the clips, as frightening as that is. Carboard backers were the sensible alternative.

I can't speak to the price mark ups.

The female working behind the counter may be Don's "other daughter," as she is working there now. She's ok. Maybe you just got a bad first impression.

I'm glad you got your gun sighted in.

goldwing2000
08-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I figured it was something like that about the shelf (and the cardboard backers).

One bad apple... :roll:

Fiddler
08-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Yep...

Ken P
08-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I figured it was something like that about the shelf (and the cardboard backers).

One bad apple... :roll:

Oh come on KAne..you aren't that bad...LOL

Maranatha
08-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Kane its more than one Bad Apple.

Karen, is right there have been a number of times I've been there and people take their guns out of their bag and end up sweeping everyone on the line.

goldwing2000
08-18-2005, 09:18 PM
It was a figure of speech.

How about 10% bad apples?

Kimber45
08-19-2005, 10:47 AM
There was somebody shot in the elbow last year by someone handling a firearm at that shelf.

GunnFixr
08-22-2005, 10:28 AM
There was somebody shot in the elbow last year by someone handling a firearm at that shelf.That is a bad place to be shot. Not that there are any good places to be shot, but the elbow...man that has got to suck.