PDA

View Full Version : .45ACP Federal Ammo recall notice

Maple Leaf
02-12-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.federalpremium.com/pdf/45_Auto_warning.pdf

lotusexige
02-12-2011, 10:54 PM
wow I have a bunch of WM5233. So what am I supposed to do with it?

EDIT: Close one. I just noticed the lot numbers. whew!

Buffman
02-12-2011, 11:09 PM
wow I have a bunch of WM5233. So what am I supposed to do with it?

EDIT: Close one. I just noticed the lot numbers. whew!

contact federal and they'll take care of it.

TAC
02-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I recently purchased four boxes of Federal Champion .45ACP. This is the strange part...one of the four boxes is slightly larger than the other three, for the exact same ammo. It's about 1/4" longer, and 1/4" wider. The lot number on the larger box is not included in the recall. The other three smaller boxes have no lot number anywhere on the box, inside, or out, or on the plastic tray.

I have a call into Federal, waiting for a response.

mikeb32
02-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Let me know what they say. I have one box that doesn't have a lot number any where either.

phatjbikerdude
02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I recently purchased four boxes of Federal Champion .45ACP. This is the strange part...one of the four boxes is slightly larger than the other three, for the exact same ammo. It's about 1/4" longer, and 1/4" wider. The lot number on the larger box is not included in the recall. The other three smaller boxes have no lot number anywhere on the box, inside, or out, or on the plastic tray.

I have a call into Federal, waiting for a response.

i am waiting on a call back from federal as well... same question, the smaller boxes have no (0) lot number stamped

i have 6 boxes of the smaller, and 2 of the larger

Squish7.62
02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
call them up

Squish7.62
02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
:di:

phatjbikerdude
02-23-2011, 07:41 PM
:di: DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMMIN' OUT OF MY MOUTH ? :di:

LOL, we did call... got message stating to leave a message and they would return our call... 3 days now and no call back.... i did go to the range yesterday and shot the two boxes that did have lot numbers on them, and all was fine (they were not on the list) as for my other 6 boxes... well i dunno :shrugs:

Nickoli61089
02-23-2011, 08:04 PM
From what I have found the smaller boxes are small primer. I have a couple hundred rounds of the larger boxes and had 3 of the smaller, I went shooting earlier this week and shot 2 of the 3 with no issues, same thing though they are not marked with a lot number.

Another weird thing, while I was at the range and talking with other people, a guy asked me a question because he was shooting federal too. In the box that he bought, a couple of the rounds had the OAL way to short, the bullet had been seated in the casing about 1/8 inch too deep. I am not sure when he bought them but he told me it was from walmart which is where i had picked up all of mine. Anyone else ran into this?

Buffman
02-24-2011, 01:10 AM
From what I have found the smaller boxes are small primer. I have a couple hundred rounds of the larger boxes and had 3 of the smaller, I went shooting earlier this week and shot 2 of the 3 with no issues, same thing though they are not marked with a lot number.

Another weird thing, while I was at the range and talking with other people, a guy asked me a question because he was shooting federal too. In the box that he bought, a couple of the rounds had the OAL way to short, the bullet had been seated in the casing about 1/8 inch too deep. I am not sure when he bought them but he told me it was from walmart which is where i had picked up all of mine. Anyone else ran into this?

I've had two rounds in a box of gold dot .45ACP (185Gr) that were seated all the way into the casing

phatjbikerdude
02-25-2011, 11:24 PM
they finaly returned my call today... as stated by the rep on the phone, if your ammo has brass colored primers your ok, if they are silver, odds are you have recall ammo. she however could not answer why my boxes did not have lot numbers, she stated to check the inside of the ends of the boxes as well..... nothing.

TAC
03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
they finaly returned my call today... as stated by the rep on the phone, if your ammo has brass colored primers your ok, if they are silver, odds are you have recall ammo. she however could not answer why my boxes did not have lot numbers, she stated to check the inside of the ends of the boxes as well..... nothing.

Interesting. I have three boxes of Federal Champion WM5233 230 GR FMJ RN that have no lot number anywhere on the box, inside or out, or on the plastic tray. I called Federal and left a detailed message emphasizing there was no lot number anywhere. I also told them I had one box with a lot number that was ok, so I know where to find it. I received a return message from a lady telling me where to find the lot number. :coocoo:

I just checked the primers and they are gold colored, so that offers some comfort, but I'd rather hear it directly from them, just in case something bad happens, I'll have some recourse. I called again today, and had to leave another message.

TAC
03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
I received a call back today from a very nice lady, Diane. She confirmed the Federal Champion .45ACP ammo with the small brass primers is OK, and not included in the recall.

So phatjbikerdude was correct, thank you for your info!

dwill220
03-03-2011, 09:25 PM
I have a box with the silver primers but its not any of those lot numbers, so I should be fine right?

TAC
03-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I have a box with the silver primers but its not any of those lot numbers, so I should be fine right?

That's my understanding. If you have the small brass primers, no worries, no reason to check lot numbers. If you have the large silver color primers, the check your lot numbers to be sure they're not on the list. Not on the list, you're ok.

gotdust
03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
where are the primers located is it the small dot on bottom of shell thanks

TAC
03-07-2011, 09:27 AM
where are the primers located is it the small dot on bottom of shell thanks

Yes, that's correct.

gotdust
03-07-2011, 10:20 AM
thanks