PDA

View Full Version : 1000 yard range in MI?

scecil
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Has anyone else caught wind of this? Some guys over at Snipershide were talking about a group of Shooters bringing Michigan its first 1000 range. The have a facebook page too.
Marksmanship Training Center I believe is the FB page

hashelocmaccabee
02-15-2011, 10:33 PM
I just checked out the FB page and websight, but didn't get a whole lot of info. Other than what's on those pages?

I did notice it claims it will be MI's first 1000yrd public range, but then mentions membership. I hope it is open to the public.

donald150
02-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I just checked out the FB page and websight, but didn't get a whole lot of info. Other than what's on those pages?

I did notice it claims it will be MI's first 1000yrd public range, but then mentions membership. I hope it is open to the public.

We are a group of shooting enthusiasts just like you, and we’re working hard to create Michigan’s only public 1000 yard marksmanship shooting range. We’ve set our sights on providing shooters in the Midwest and beyond with a high-tech facility where professionals, sportsman, and sharpshooting enthusiasts can receive basic training, hone their intermediate skills, or test their limits. Our mission is to provide the highest quality shooting experience anywhere - On a range designed by shooters for shooters.

We are still in the development phases and therefore cannot disclose the location or future membership fees at this time. We can say the fees will be very competitive and we promise that this range will be the most advanced in the region. This is a multi-phase project so the courses and classes may be slightly delayed while most of our instructors are operational overseas.

beller
02-15-2011, 10:56 PM
How about the 1000 yard range in Grayling? It is off the base, but near the base that is used by the public. As far as I am aware

RECON762WT
02-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Sent them a message on Facebook...In their response they said they couldn't divulge any details (location, price to shoot, range date). Honestly sounds more like a Pipe dream or according to them they "must protect their business model". Whatever that means....:coocoo:

mini4m3
02-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Sent them a message on Facebook...In their response they said they couldn't divulge any details (location, price to shoot, range date). Honestly sounds more like a Pipe dream or according to them they "must protect their business model". Whatever that means....:coocoo:

Their business model is 1000yds...... cats outta the bag.
:headinj:

SSG3K
02-16-2011, 09:35 PM
The other guy was asking where to get target stands that were 72x72. Pretty lame if you ask me. Why not 21x30, 2X moa or moa to 1000. Armor is cheap but they will still have thousands in steel fees. Its not rocket science to setup a range but what they are talking about will be close to 7 digits with land, building, steel, excavation, facilities, and so on... This has years before completion. Competetive rates would be in the hundreds if not thousands for membership. In the end your normal highpower shooter wont even join unless there are pits. The precision rifle market is kind of lame most wont spend the money that it takes to learn how to shoot. If you want instant 1000 yard shooting just go to Youngs.

Rich

SSG3K
02-16-2011, 09:38 PM
One more thing they will probably throw out some bs that you need to take our classes to shoot our range to be safe. Good luck with that.

Rich

jburt
02-17-2011, 08:11 AM
I like the hundreds if not thousands for membership part myself. Why dont you stop bitching about it and just see what develops.

Also, just because someone doesn't have the money to buy a schmidt and bender, which I know you have, doesn't mean they don't want to learn long range shooting. It's like you dont want people to get into "your" sport. You bashed this place on snipershide too. Even if it doesn't happen you still have your private 1200 yard range for you and a few others, so why do you care.

Michigan needs something like this, so lets try to encourage it instead of talk about how it isn't going to happen.

mini4m3
02-18-2011, 04:03 AM
I cant wait to take my A4 with irons to the 1000yd and get my get on.

scecil
02-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I cant wait to take my A4 with irons to the 1000yd and get my get on.
That's enthusiasm. :heybuddy:

ltdave
02-18-2011, 09:51 AM
The 1,000 yard range that is near Grayling might not be on the main cantonement area of Camp Grayling but I assure you it is under the Camp's control...

The public can NOT just go use it either. There has to be a sanctioned event going on. Like an MRPA Long Range Championship or an MRPA run NRA Long Range Regional match...

Go to Michrpa.com and look up their long range schedule. That will tell you when they are open. Pre-registration required .......

wadevb1
02-18-2011, 10:09 AM
A 1K yard Michigan Range?

I better order a few for Kriegers. Damn, this can get expensive.

scecil
02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
The 1,000 yard range that is near Grayling might not be on the main cantonement area of Camp Grayling but I assure you it is under the Camp's control...

The public can NOT just go use it either. There has to be a sanctioned event going on. Like an MRPA Long Range Championship or an MRPA run NRA Long Range Regional match...

Go to Michrpa.com and look up their long range schedule. That will tell you when they are open. Pre-registration required .......
That's Kind of what I thought, but I wasn't sure. I have family in Grayling and they didn't think it was public.