PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Gun Safes

Jackam
02-14-2011, 05:11 PM
I don’t care where I am, if there’s a gun safe on display, I have to check it out. I’m not in the market for a safe – I own seven already. I just admire solid, secure storage options and enjoy comparing features that I like and dislike that are available on these steel vaults.

Strolling through the NSSFs SHOT show in January, I naturally spent some time in “gun safe alley.” This area is loaded with safes of various sizes and configurations. I was looking for something new and unique and wound up listening to a representative from Liberty Safe and Security Products, Inc. talk about his product. I was amazed at the confidence that he exuded in his safes and the unhesitating, self assured attitude when he was talking about them. It was when he started talking about the replacement warranty on their Liberty Safes that I really took notice.

When you’re looking to buy a safe, there are usually a few things on your mind: Is it secure from intruders? Will it fit my needs? Will the safe withstand a fire? How heavy is it? There may be a few other important questions but those are the heavy hitters. One of the considerations that I don’t believe I’ve ever really thought about was the warranty of the safe. I have purchased some very expensive, name brand safes and I couldn’t tell you the warranty information on any of them. After talking with the Liberty Safe rep, I don’t think I’ll ever forget their warranty! Let’s take a quick look at it and I’m sure you’ll consider it when you decide to purchase your next safe.

Liberty Safes, made in the United States and Underwriters Laboratory listed, have a 5 year, parts, paint, and labor warranty, but they come with a lifetime guarantee. (Commercial safes and their entry level Centurions are excluded.) The lifetime guarantee is yours for as long as you own the safe, but it doesn’t stop at your lifetime. The safe is guaranteed for life. If you someday pass it on to a loved one, or even sell the safe to another gun enthusiast, the warranty transfers to them – free of charge - when they send the information in to Liberty Safe and Security Products Inc. This transfer is so simple; it can be done right from the Liberty website!

So far, this is all good news but I have yet to divulge the meat and potatoes of their warranty. According to their representative, if your warranted Liberty safe is ever the focus of an attempted break in, Liberty will provide you with a new Liberty safe! If you are unfortunate enough to experience a fire and your Liberty safe has to stand guard, Liberty will provide you with a new safe! They will deliver the safe, directly to your door, and at NO COST TO YOU!
Upon making a claim for their Lifetime replacement guarantee, Liberty will provide free parts and labor, as well as sending someone to your home to open the safe door. They will then remove the contents of your damaged safe for you and begin preparing the damaged safe for return to Liberty – all on their dime!

Liberty will send you a brand new safe AND install it for you (free of charge.) If you have outgrown your safe and wish to get a larger model, this would be the time. Liberty will offer you the option to upgrade to a larger model while crediting you for the current new price of the damaged safe. (Every safe I have ever owned got small real fast. I have always wound up wishing that I had a larger model!)

I inquired if this warranty covers every safe they have ever sold (besides the entry level and commercial models) and was told that they will cover any safe built after January 1, 2006 (as long as the safe was registered after the purchase.)

I don’t expect my safes to be damaged by fire or malcontents, but if they were, I would love to have the Liberty warranty. The only way to get that warranty is to buy a quality built, USA produced, UL listed, Liberty Safe.
When looking for your next safe, keep the warranty in mind. Ask around and compare not only features and options, but how steadfast the manufacturer will stand behind the product when you most need them. You’ll be very glad that you did.
http://www.libertysafe.com

Super Trucker
02-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Cannon used to have the best warranty/guarantee. I believe they paid all costs to have your safe fixed/repaired in the event of robbery/fire etc, even shipping. I don't recall if the words "new safe" were mentioned.

Looks like Liberty might have the better warranty/guarantee now.

JDG
02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
I bought a Remington safe at Dunhams on sale, turns out to be a Liberty. Great safe for the money!

bad86ta
02-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Love my liberty safe, great product!! :thumbup:

TomE
02-15-2011, 08:26 AM
The OP should be compensated for the post by the manufacturer , sounds like what I am looking for , and was likely swayed by his post.

scubatke
05-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the post!

TangoDown3727
05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
They've got my vote! When I'm ready to purchase a gun safe, they'll have my business. :salute:

Shyster
05-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Able Safe in Warren is a distributor for Liberty Safes. Can't say enough good things about the safe or the distributor.

BWHaas
05-16-2011, 06:38 AM
+1 for liberty. They are the best manufacturer or gun safes today IMHO.

johnzilla
05-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Able Safe in Warren is a distributor for Liberty Safes. Can't say enough good things about the safe or the distributor.

+1

Bought my Liberty from them and the whole experience was top notch, especially the delivery. The only complaint I have is that the safe I bought was too small. :D It can't be said often enough: whatever size safe you think you need, buy bigger, as big as you can afford. I don't know a single person that regrets buying a bigger safe but I know plenty who regret only buying what they thought they would need.