PDA

View Full Version : Grip force bever tail adapter for Glocks

durus5995
02-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Well after watching Magpuls Dynamic handgun I started experimenting with changing my grip up. One of the by products is I kept trying to get a higher grip on my Glock 23 which lead to some slide bite. After this I did a little research on different grip chops but I came to the conclusion that I did not want to do anything permanant incase I did not like the change. Then I stumbled apon http://gripforceproducts.com/ which is a quick add on to extend the bever tail and change the grip angle a bit.

I never really had a problem with the grip angle of the Glock so I can not really comment on the change of the grip angle but the longer beaver tail made a huge difference in how high I could grip the pistol and the absolute lack of slide bite. I also find that the beaver tail allows me to index my hand more consistently on the grip for a more consistent draw.

Basically this installs just like a Gen 4 back strap with using the rear pin but it is available for Gens 1-4. To tell you the truth I think this could be one of the best enhancements you could make to your Glock if you are having trouble with the grips and at $26 its a cheap enhancement price wise.

The only problem you might run into is some people have complained about the vertical ribs rubbing on the web between their thumb and pointer fingers creating blisters and chewing up their hand after long range sessions. I have shot 150 rounds in one session and had no problem but I know that is on the low side as far as round counts. If that becomes a problem you can take a grinder wheel and just grind the ridges off without feeling bad. After all its only $26

http://gripforceproducts.com/

GMAN12
02-17-2011, 07:18 AM
I have never heard of anyone getting slidebite from a glock.

RSF
02-17-2011, 08:16 AM

Then you don't know to many people who shoot them.....its very common with those with big hands, meaty hands and those Who properly know how to hold a handgun for max benefit

I get railroaded every time I press the trigger on them but i have all the above issues

Toledo Kid
02-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Trying to make a Glock a 1911 again... Browning was a genus!!! :bowdown:

J/K...These are good to go.
Anything to change that angle or hump on the G-Lock will help.
Plus who wants to be tattooed with RR Tracks between their thumb and index finger for life???

miked
02-17-2011, 08:27 AM

It happens to me frequently.

RSF
02-17-2011, 09:09 AM

Plus who wants to be tattooed with RR Tracks between their thumb and index finger for life???

all ready there

Toledo Kid
02-17-2011, 09:12 AM
all ready thereAhuh...see you didn't used the ole layered up hockey tape or the nu-skin for bowlers like we used to do back in the day...:mrgreen:

RSF
02-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Nope i use to le it hang off my web at slide lock for reloads

Toledo Kid
02-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Nope i use to le it hang off my web at slide lock for reloadslol

aresbykes
02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Nope i use to le it hang off my web at slide lock for reloads

We call that forced evolution, congratulations, you can move your thumb an extra 3 degrees. Welcome too the new human race.

I haven't heard if they fixed the gen4 glock, but if they have, this would be awesome to get just to monkey with. My big hands and (now) lack of webbing between my index and thumb would really appreciate some relief

hopeitsfast
02-17-2011, 09:45 AM
It happens to me frequently.
Same here. That's the main reason i went to M&P. I have a permanent mark on the webbing of my hand.

Dabears!
02-17-2011, 10:03 AM
first thing i thought while watching dynamic handgun was i never in my life wanted to get with someone named willy
she was smokin

durus5995
02-17-2011, 01:36 PM
I haven't heard if they fixed the gen4 glock, but if they have, this would be awesome to get just to monkey with. My big hands and (now) lack of webbing between my index and thumb would really appreciate some relief

Well I havent run into a problem with my with my Gen 4 Glock 19 yet. But, I dont use any of the backstraps for the smaller grip and perhaps that helps. As I put more rounds down range I will try to make note on how close the slide is to the web of my hand.

miked
02-17-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm going to try one of these in my G19 just for the hell of it. For those that are interested, I'll post back and let you know how it works.

willowofwisp
02-18-2011, 08:13 AM
It really all depends on the geometry of your hand, I can get a high grip and proper grip on my glock but I don't get slide bite, and i have decent size hands.

I haven't tried out the GFA yet...but i probably wont, I prefer my glocks to be stock.

Dirtroadfun
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM
I just picked up a used G19 and it came with one. At first I thought beaver tail...eh! but after shooting with it on I quit like it. To me it's a great add on and I'm glad I got one.

JDG
04-26-2013, 06:19 PM

The not so genius High-Power sure is a hammer biter! Not the same I know, but not good either!:mrgreen:
I agree on the 1911

Backwoodz
04-26-2013, 06:55 PM
I have one of these I modded to fit my G27 and I like it a lot. I like the newer style ones that they left the ribs off the beavertail.

MaxSeven
04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
It really all depends on the geometry of your hand, I can get a high grip and proper grip on my glock but I don't get slide bite, and i have decent size hands.

I haven't tried out the GFA yet...but i probably wont, I prefer my glocks to be stock.

Same here. In fact, I have never gotten slide bite from any of my pistols. I think the GFA adds a nice aesthetic to a very common gun though.

RMC
05-19-2013, 06:24 PM

I am not sure when or what models, but my Glock gen4 22 came with two sizes of beavertail add on back straps, in addition to the non beavertail back straps

dad53
07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
As was said, anyone who wants the best (high) grip on a Glock and has XXL+ hands and/or a meaty web will benefit from the Grip Force Beavertail Add-on. It was a necessary addition to my Gen4 G31.