PDA

View Full Version : CPL Training

April79
08-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I've been tasked to look for a 1 day CPL course if such an animal exists. There is a minimum of 4 of us in Corunna/Owosso wanting to take the course, with possibly a few more added to that number. Some of us have a little training some of us don't.

We're looking at a 1 day course because 2 of the 4 definites are full-time firefighters and 2 consecutive days just isn't a real possibility.

If anybody can help me out on this, it would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

:)

Fiddler
08-28-2005, 03:47 PM
A one day CPL class makes for a bit of a long day but it can certanly be done. I can arrange a class for you and your friends, and anyone else who is interested. M1911A1 and I are NRA certified instructors, and if you have a range or private property where the shooting portion can be held, we we can bring our classroom to you. Either way, we can get it done. Send me a PM or email me at kknoll@mgouc.com and we'll set it up.

fbuckner
08-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Karen you always have a place to shoot here. Just a thought

Kouger
08-28-2005, 05:12 PM
I normally hold classes in Taylor and use my local Range.

I wouldnt mind comming up and finding a range for a class.

Fiddler
08-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks, Rick. I would love to take you up on that! If not for this class, then another one for sure.

April79, Rick's place is located in Howell, and we have held a few classes there in the past. If you guys don't mind driving down to Howell, we'll set it up. It's a very nice place to have a class. Otherwise, we can set something up by you.

RSF
08-28-2005, 07:56 PM
April79 welcome, Karen is a great teacher will be able to serve your needs. she is located in close to your area and runs a very well thought out class,
she is a very well trained and well spoken teacher and you will have fun

One of Many
08-28-2005, 10:29 PM
My CPL class was done by Cloyse Lundie and several of the guys at Durand Sportsmans Club in 2002. It was a one day class. I don't know if Cloyse is still doing CPL classes, but the phone number I used to contact him in 2002 is 989-288-2995. The club may also have other teachers available. 989-288-4112.

I know the Shiawassee Conservation Club has offered CPL classes in the past, but I don't know who taught the class, or if it was a one day class. 989-725-7588 is the clubhouse phone.

Shiawassee Dog and Gun Club phone is 989-743-5290.

They may be able to put you in touch with local instructors, that have access to the local ranges.

45 acp
08-29-2005, 04:39 AM
One day is what we do but Big Rapids may be a bit of a drive.
7 am to 7 pm and we provide every thing. Guns,ammo,hearing protection, eye protection, and we even provide lunch.
Next class is Sept 17 th.

Link to the website for more info here.

http://webpages.charter.net/jjsport/ccwinfo.html

WhoIsJohnGalt
08-29-2005, 05:12 AM
Wecome April79! You've come to the right place.
You'll find that there are a LOT of fine trainers on board here! :wink:

Lots of spirited debates here too. 8)

RSF
08-29-2005, 08:01 AM
april79. there are many trainers in the out there,
some base there choices on the fact that they have had only one trainer and not ben trained by others with others. most trainers dont a hvae a lick of clue of what really involved in teaching one to carry and use a gun. you must look at a nd for a teacher that has decied to train and recieve traing from others in the comunity that know about there art! yes at times it ay be easy to go to the local club and get by! but as we say cheat yourself on the range you will cheat yourself in the real world. i have trained with some very fine instructors around michigan , and have trained some of them myself. including fiddler! as a teacher goes she is good very good and goes above and beyond wioth any macho bs. she would be my choice. if i were looking

fbuckner
08-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Deputy is right on target with that one Karen AKA "Fiddler" and Marty AKA "M1911A1". Dont miss a thing they keep the class moving they keep it fun and can answer anything you can toss at them.
We had a Lady here who had never touched a handgun before in her life. When she hit the range it was scary yet impressive I have her target hanging in my office at work.