PDA

View Full Version : Century Polish M1960 Milled AK47

willace85
02-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Purchased from J&G Sales for $589 plus $20 shipping. The fit and finish on this rifle is very nice, the metal is parkerized. Cycling the bolt is very smooth. Tapco G2 double hook trigger group. Accuracy was more than I expected. The only thing I didn't like was the wood furniture and the lack of a cleaning rod, so I refinished the wood with Birchwood Casey stain and Tru-oil and bought a cleaning rod at a gun show. Also, the one steel 30rd mag that came with this is hard to get in and out, but all the other steel mags that I already had for some reason are no problem. I've only taken the rifle to the range once and put 30 rounds of FMJ Golden Tiger through it, no malfunctions. The front sight is slightly canted to the right, but I didn't make any adjustments to the post. I wish this would've come with a chrome lined bore, it is heavy at 8.5lbs, and the serial numbers on the parts don't match, but overall I really like it.

azasadny
03-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Nice work on that stock!!

willace85
03-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Nice work on that stock!!

Thanks. You should've seen what the wood looked like before I did the refinishing, it looked bad. I should've taken before pics. I like using the Birchwood Casey products, they're easy to use and work well. I also stripped the wood first with Zinsser Stripfast Furniture Refinisher, it's not as harsh as some strippers and it was very easy to use. I didn't want to use anything strong because I was concerned the wood laminate layers might separate.

vistula
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Beautiful! And don't you just love the feel of the milled receiver?
To me, it's worth the weight.

willace85
03-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Beautiful! And don't you just love the feel of the milled receiver?
To me, it's worth the weight.

I agree. The action is much smoother than any stamped receiver AK I've handled.