PDA

View Full Version : Kahr PM9

LGer
03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Just wanted to say that I took my brand spanking new Kahr PM9 to the range today - fired about 175 rounds - and not one problem. I was expecting more recoil but was pleasantly surprised that it was so smooth.

Now if I only could learn to ignore the "bang" I could give you a report on accuracy. I flinch too much but I was very happy with my 7 - 10 yard hits. I'm not much of a shooter but at least all hit the paper. I have to laugh when someone says that the gun is more accurate than the shooter. THAT is me in a nutshell!

I LOVE that little PM9! Will probably sell both of my other 9mms (I was going to keep only 1 of them). I would trust this thing with my life.

Leon

jackle1886
03-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Glad you are happy. I too am happy with mine. It's on my hip right now actually. Great little guns :para:

jmacken37
03-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Another happy PM9 owner. Use mine in a pocket holster. I don't understand why folks put this on a belt when it is such a tiny gun! To each his own.

Jake

bassplayer
03-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I agree. Love mine and use a pocket holster as well... :)

PackRat
03-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Another happy PM9 owner. Use mine in a pocket holster. I don't understand why folks put this on a belt when it is such a tiny gun! To each his own.
Jake

I can easily draw while sitting, how about you?

And, I am not able to draw from the pocket weak handed either.

JMB49
03-12-2011, 07:44 AM
PM9 owner here,love it. IWB, summer time gun.

rayban
03-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Jake

Cargo pants pocket, or regular jeans pockets? I handled one recently and could not see carrying it in my jeans pockets....jacket or cargo pants would be ok, however.

jackle1886
03-12-2011, 10:06 AM
I wear jeans most of the time. And in the summer with just a t shirt my M&P9c prints unless i wear a huge shirt.

coachmike
03-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Had my pm9 for about 5 years. LUV it! With me 24/7.
Most of the time with pocket holster, other times iwb. Trouble is your pocket will wear after a while.

LGer
03-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Had my pm9 for about 5 years. LUV it! With me 24/7.
Most of the time with pocket holster, other times iwb. Trouble is your pocket will wear after a while.
:-) I was wondering about that. I actually Googled "pocket liner" to see if there was any such animal out there. What I am thinking of would be something similar to the pocket protector that we slip in our shirt pockets.

Never found anything so I gave up. Probably too many different pocket sizes to make it worthwhile. Guess that I will have to put up with a barrel full of pocket lint and repaired pockets until someone invents a liner....

Leon

rayban
03-14-2011, 07:41 AM
:-) I was wondering about that. I actually Googled "pocket liner" to see if there was any such animal out there. What I am thinking of would be something similar to the pocket protector that we slip in our shirt pockets.

Never found anything so I gave up. Probably too many different pocket sizes to make it worthwhile. Guess that I will have to put up with a barrel full of pocket lint and repaired pockets until someone invents a liner....

Leon
My Dad was a tailor and he was always repairing holes in pockets.....wonder if they packed....it couldn't have been money wearing a hole...??

LGer
03-14-2011, 07:58 AM
My Dad was a tailor and he was always repairing holes in pockets.....wonder if they packed....it couldn't have been money wearing a hole...??
:biggrin: Certainly NOT in MY case.....! Does he sew in leather pockets? That idea crossed my mind as well. Pants would wear out before pockets and could be re-used on next pair.

I'm just kidding.... I hope that you know that!

Leon

Super Trucker
03-17-2011, 11:00 PM

Leon

You are using a pocket holster, right? The bold part above makes it sound like you are not, if not please look into buying one.

jmacken37
03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
I use a pocket holster in jeans or cargo pants. I don't wear "painted on" jeans, though.

I do get a ton of lint on the gun, though...

Jake

BWHaas
04-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Great gun. Been looking at them for a while.

esq_stu
04-03-2011, 04:33 PM
I've had my PM9 for 6 years. I carry it a lot. Great gun.

cantpickone
04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
I have a PM9 and find it easy to shoot accurately enough for self defense purposes. I also have a CW9 and can't shoot well enough with it to feel confident enough to carry it.

dramey82
04-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I have a PM9 and find it easy to shoot accurately enough for self defense purposes. I also have a CW9 and can't shoot well enough with it to feel confident enough to carry it.
What's the difference in the models?

cantpickone
04-03-2011, 05:30 PM
What's the difference in the models?
The CW9 has several less expensive features, but the main difference in accuracy may be that the PM9 is supposed to have a match grade barrel that is rifled differently from the CW9.
The PM9, while smaller, feels better in my hand and I have no explanation for that.

jmacken37
04-22-2011, 09:43 PM
For a "cheaper PM9," check out the new CM9. I haven't shot one yet, but it looks promising.

http://www.kahr.com/GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=SVimg-CM9093.jpg&w=326&h=278

Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 6+1
Operation: Trigger cocking DAO; lock breech; "Browning - type" recoil lug; passive striker block; no magazine disconnect
Barrel: 3.0", conventional rifling; 1 - 10 right-hand twist
Length O/A: 5.42"
Height: 4.0"
Slide Width: .90"
Weight: Pistol 14 ounces, Magazine 1.9 ounces
Grips: Textured polymer
Sights: Drift adjustable, white bar-dot combat sights
Finish: Black polymer frame, matte stainless steel slide
Magazine: 1 - 6 rd flush floorplate

Jake

2ndAmendmentLove
01-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the review. I've always wondered about these KAHR pistols

jmilch
01-22-2012, 07:28 PM

Jake

My PM9 does not go in my pocket. It is too big IMO for a pocket and too small for a OWB holster.

I put mine in a IWB Desantis soft holster. It fits perfect, and it I hardly notice it.

It is just a tad too large for pockets I think on most people.

JohnJak
01-23-2012, 07:36 AM
My PM9 does not go in my pocket. It is too big IMO for a pocket and too small for a OWB holster.

I put mine in a IWB Desantis soft holster. It fits perfect, and it I hardly notice it.

It is just a tad too large for pockets I think on most people.

Desantis is the way to go in the pocket.

pilotmg1501
01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I love mine....Don Hume IWB holster, very comfortable and absolutely disappears

DP425
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Okay I thought I would pile on this review- I bought a PM9 about a year ago and have around 600rds through it. It's snappy, but not as bad as the Ruger LCP it replaced! Incredibly long trigger pull, but after several hours with my dremal tool, polishing compound on every single bearing surface related to the trigger, It's now nice a smooth... although still long and somewhat heavy.

Accuracy is great!

I picked up two mitch rosen holsters, one on the belt and one inside the waist line; both are perfectly fit! Sold straight through Kahr.

Although I have not yet fired one, the CM9 is supposed to be essentially a no-frills PM9. Less milling done, some potted metal parts that are not really high stress parts. Might be worth looking at since it's on avg $200-$250 cheaper!

agksimon
12-05-2012, 04:17 AM
I have a couple of dozen pair of these pants:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Legendary-7-Pocket-Hiker-Pants/1323177.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3D7%2 Bpocket%2Bhiker%2Bpants%26x%3D7%26y%3D11&Ntt=7+pocket+hiker+pants&WTz_l=DirectLoad

The front pockets are "bellows" type and easily hold my M&P compact in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and you'd never know it's there. Very easy and fast to draw from too.

gpodhk
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
My new Kahr PM9 2 tone
bought from Grabagun.com
$700 with crimson trace laser, 1 6rd & 1 7rd ext. mag.
+ $30 xfer fee. $730 OTD

At the range 2/1/13 shot about 70rds no problems at all. A lot more snappy than my H&K P30L but 1/2 the weight & size. Like the little thing just can't get used to the dot-bar sights my 50ish old eyes? At 7-10yrds did ok not great but hay first time out with it. Now need ammo-time-money.

gpodhk
02-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Need help spending my money what holsters to buy for PM9 IWB & OSWB. Also what sight to change to from the stock Bar-Dot thinking XS-Sights small dot type. Please reply. Sorry posted in wrong area.

gpodhk
02-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Finished the 200rd warm up on Kahr PM9 with 115gr cheep Federal ammo.
NO problems at all with gun I know some say use 124gr but had to use what I have. Only problem was I keep hitting to the right of were I thought I was aiming. I have the crimson trace LG-437 Laserguard on the pistol but just could not get the correct hold with one finger on the laser button (larger grip size) & other on the grip so fingers are off set about 1/8" maybe that was why I shot right. I took the laser off for a pistol training class this weekend see if I can do better.

weldor
02-28-2013, 11:41 PM
raise one "cheek" a little bit, twist to side a little bit, and front pants pocket access is easy. a spare GUN makes more sense than a spare magazine, so just put a used, $350 LC9 ruger in each front pants pocket, and now you can access a gun with either hand, and you have the TREMENDOUS advanttage of having your hand ON the gun, but nobody sees it yet. total price same as retail for ONE PM9 Kahr. :-) then it's only 1/2 second from being pointed at them. That is enough to make them flee, 80% of the time, just the sight of the gun. no skil in its use at all, really. about 1/2 of the remaining 20% wll flee because of shots that MISS them, too.

well over 80% of the justified civilian shootings happen at 10 ft and less. given that 80% require NO shooting, the total % that you will NEED to get HITS is very , very small. like one time in 50 attackes. :-) so much for all the "skill" and accuracy needed, eh? good thing, too, cause theer aint 1000 guys in the US that have the needed level of skill. it takes way too much time, effort, money and dedication to be that skilled and aware.

gpodhk
03-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Went to PDT's FHG class near Jackson shot 300rds at all shooting stance & forced malfunctions. Pistol shot great & hand not sore at all it can shot good. Please sign up for his class it is good & not payed to say this.

TomE
03-09-2013, 07:19 PM
raise one "cheek" a little bit, twist to side a little bit, and front pants pocket access is easy. a spare GUN makes more sense than a spare magazine, so just put a used, $350 LC9 ruger in each front pants pocket, and now you can access a gun with either hand, and you have the TREMENDOUS advanttage of having your hand ON the gun, but nobody sees it yet. total price same as retail for ONE PM9 Kahr. :-) then it's only 1/2 second from being pointed at them. That is enough to make them flee, 80% of the time, just the sight of the gun. no skil in its use at all, really. about 1/2 of the remaining 20% wll flee because of shots that MISS them, too.

well over 80% of the justified civilian shootings happen at 10 ft and less. given that 80% require NO shooting, the total % that you will NEED to get HITS is very , very small. like one time in 50 attackes. :-) so much for all the "skill" and accuracy needed, eh? good thing, too, cause theer aint 1000 guys in the US that have the needed level of skill. it takes way too much time, effort, money and dedication to be that skilled and aware.

I traded a working LC9 with CT for a non-working CW9 and I'm still happy:smoke:

Veteran
03-11-2013, 11:39 PM
My PM-9 has been my favorite companion gun for the last year. I keep it with me 12-15 hrs a day. I love it.

DP425
03-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Check this out!

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=5&f=35&t=69319&page=1

I'm deff going to be getting the slide melt, smoothed slide stop, re-contoured trigger and magna-porting. Then off to Robar for NP3+. It will be an awesome package! Might end up getting the P380 and doing the same thing.