PDA

View Full Version : Mika's Pocket Holsters

LGer
03-02-2011, 07:01 PM
I ordered one of these the other day after hearing nothing but glowing reviews on this holster. I decided to add a CT Laser to my PM9 so I emailed Mika's to see if their holster would accommodate the addition of the sight.

Now for the man behind the holster..... I got a call from him personally explaining to me that all that would be required is for him to stitch it a little differently and that he would be happy to do this for me. We got talking and ...... what a guy. He is just a regular guy like you and me trying to make a living. His goal is to create a high quality product that generates enough income to live on. He enjoys his work and takes pride in knowing that his holsters are one of the best pocket holsters out there and that they can be relied upon in time of crisis.

Kind of sounds like a commercial :onthemic: doesn't it? Sorry about that! I've never met the man but what impresses me is that he is living my dream. Self employed, quality product, generating enough income to live on without gouging his customers, and loves his work! The American dream.....

Leon

Mgers21
04-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I'll have to check them out, been looking for a holster for my s&w 380 BG

MotownStan
05-13-2011, 06:58 AM
I read nothing but good reviews about Mika so, I ordered one for a S&W 442 the other night about 9:00. He called me personally about 9:30 to tell me it would take 2-3 weeks, which is stated on his website. He proceeded to tell me about how he makes them and how satisfied
I would be. Sounds like a great guy to do business with.

turbolag23
05-13-2011, 07:12 AM
when i picked up my 442 with CT grips i got a Mika pocket holster. I have nothing to compare it to but its nice, very well made.

esq_stu
05-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I have two Mika holsters I bought around 5 years ago, one for my PM9 and one for my S&W642. I am happy with them and with the service I got when I bought them. I would buy another from him.

malignity
05-14-2011, 07:32 AM
I wish I would have known you were looking for a PM9 pocket holster with a CT on it... I could have made you one cheap. :)

Considering making them myself, and a friend has a PM9 with CT, so I could have easily traced his to get a fit for it.

Toledo Kid
05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
I ordered one of these the other day after hearing nothing but glowing reviews on this holster. I decided to add a CT Laser to my PM9 so I emailed Mika's to see if their holster would accommodate the addition of the sight.

Now for the man behind the holster..... I got a call from him personally explaining to me that all that would be required is for him to stitch it a little differently and that he would be happy to do this for me. We got talking and ...... what a guy. He is just a regular guy like you and me trying to make a living. His goal is to create a high quality product that generates enough income to live on. He enjoys his work and takes pride in knowing that his holsters are one of the best pocket holsters out there and that they can be relied upon in time of crisis.

Kind of sounds like a commercial :onthemic: doesn't it? Sorry about that! I've never met the man but what impresses me is that he is living my dream. Self employed, quality product, generating enough income to live on without gouging his customers, and loves his work! The American dream.....

LeonInteresting...Where did you hear the "Glowing Reviews" from???

bear300us
05-14-2011, 01:37 PM
I bought one for my daughter for Christmas three years ago,he wrote a little sentiment in it for me,his suggestion.she carrys her 637 with ct. in it, in her purse every day it covers the hammer well,were real happy with it,an Mika is a great guy.

scubatke
05-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Where are these available at? I'm looking for something for my Kahr.

RevDerb
05-16-2011, 05:22 AM
a quick google.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/ (http://www.frontiernet.net/%7Eakim/)

molson
05-23-2011, 06:35 PM
I will have to order one for my Rohrbaugh.

Th3 Maelstr0m
05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
my buddy has had a mika's pocket holster for years & swears by them. I'm gonna pick one up soon

FIJI
05-31-2011, 03:12 PM
just got mine for my P232 and it works & looks great. Great new option for my summer carry.

mahalo

jmacken37
06-04-2011, 02:34 AM
I've run a couple Mika pocket holsters and liked them. I've got one I've used with my PM9 that was nice in the pocket but developed a bit of a "lip" over the back of the slide that caused the holster to stick to the gun on the draw. I ended up trimming the vinyl of the holster back a bit and the problem was solved.

While the Mika's are functional and very inexpensive, I've transitioned to mostly using a pocket concealment systems holster as I prefer the leather.

Jake

KalamazooKid
12-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Interesting...Where did you hear the "Glowing Reviews" from???

Do a little research - tons of em. I own a few of them and have recommended him to countless others. Just ordered another a week ago, and yes, he normally will call shortly after you order. How's that for personalized service!

Toledo Kid
12-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Do a little research - tons of em. I own a few of them and have recommended him to countless others. Just ordered another a week ago, and yes, he normally will call shortly after you order. How's that for personalized service!
Since your going back to May keep going back and you might fined where I mention him long time ago.
I was being sarcastic. Hes the best in the business for pocket holsters.

revho
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Glad he has his lead times down to 2-3 weeks. I was not as lucky with him on getting product due to his personal life 2 years ago. I will leave it at that. My wife uses her rounded pocket holster and has 0 complaints with it.

Kevin