PDA

View Full Version : Women's Night at the Firing Line September 29

Fiddler
09-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Announcing the next Women's Night at the Firing Line!

When: Thursday, September 29
6:30 - 8:30 p.m.

Where: The Firing Line Indoor Gun Range and Gun Shop
38427 Webb Drive
Westland, MI 48185

Cost: $14 - includes instruction, range time and a free gun rental (ammo not included). Those using rental guns will need to buy their ammo from TFL.

This is a great opportunity for women to get to the range and shoot with other women as well as receiving instruction from a nationally certified female instructor and assistance from female range officers in a safe, positive, non-threatening atmosphere.

New shooters are welcome and encouraged to attend! I hear all the time from the guys who want to get their wives, girlfriends, sisters, moms, etc to shoot more. This is the perfect opportunity to get them out to the range, so get the word out! The last three shoots were a blast, and everyone left with a smile on their face.

RSVP is not required, but please email me at pistolinstructor@charter.net if you know you will be attending so I have a rough idea of how many shooters to expect.

I hope to see you there!

Fiddler
09-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Well, you all missed a great shoot! We had 14 women show up to shoot, and most were completely new shooters, but by the end of the night, they were all shooting ragged holes in the center of mass on a silouette target. There was one woman who's husband really wanted her to try his .45, and she wanted to try it as well. However, being a new shooter, she was intimidated by the .45. She started out on a .22, and as she gained an grasp of the fundamentals, she gained confidence, and by the end of the night, she was shooting a ragged hole in the center of the target with the .45. It's really a great feeling introducing new shooters to the sport, giving them a solid start, and hearing them talk about coming back to shoot on the weekend!

We're currently working on setting dates for October and November women's nights. In November, we are tentatively looking at having a shoot for the deer hunting widows on November 15. It should be a lot of fun.

Send me an email or PM for more info. I hope to see some of you (or your wives or significant others) there!