wwjmaj
03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Once again MGO is returning to Grand Rapids and the Ultimate Sport Show:

2011 Dates & Times Admission (Public)
Thursday, March 17 3pm - 9:30pm
Friday, March 18 11am - 9:30pm
Saturday, March 19 10am - 9pm
Sunday, March 20 10am - 5pm

We need your help for this show and advance our mission on the West Side of the state. Times are approximate shifts: WE CAN USE THE TIME YOU CAN GIVE. We have a double booth and will be seeking petition signatures as well as advancing 2A rights to this show for the third year. (We need 2 can use more at all times):

Thursday: Set Up and Show Start- Kframe357, wwjmaj, Tallbear
Noon to 4: - kframe357, wwjmaj, Tallbear
4 to Close (9:30) - Kframe357, wwjmaj, Tallbear

Friday: 11 to 3 Jvanhorn, Tallbear
3 to 7 (Actually by 4) Jeepinrrt, Will IB Ready, Tallbear
7 to Close (9:30) - Jeepinrrt, Will IB Ready, Tallbear

Saturday: 10 to 2- balrog006, matrea, wwjmaj
2 to 6- balrog006, matrea, wwjmaj
6 to Close (9:00) wwjmaj

Sunday 10 to 2 - Mopedman, Jvanhorn, wwjmaj
2 to Take Down and Clear Out (5:??) - Mopedman, Jeepinrrt, wwjmaj

As last year for every 4 hours worked, the worker gets choice of 1 year MGO paid membership or 1 entry in the MGO Gun of the Year in December, 2011.

New workers can view the training video about our presentation here:
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76167&highlight=Booth+Worker+Video

Post up your availability and pm me contact info so that more details will be sent as they are available to workers. As last year, workers get free admission AND NOW PARKING IS FREE IF YOU TAKE THE DASH SHUTTLE from the Seward Street lot. (See map link below) THANKS!

kframe357
03-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Pencil me in for thu setup until close.

balrog006
03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I'll take the 10 am - 2 pm Saturday shift, PM on the way.

matrea
03-03-2011, 08:17 PM
I can do Saturday from 10 - 2

mopedman
03-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I will be coming out from the Metro Detroit area on Sunday. So if any one else wants to come out I can give you a ride.:shocked: :plasmagu:

wwjmaj
03-06-2011, 07:59 AM
All shifts but especially the weekend needs workers. Anyone?

Don't forget 4 hours = 1 year membership fee waived OR 1 entry MGO Gun of the Year --- Worker's choice at the time work shift is done.

mopedman
03-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Come on guys, we need the help. Were are all the guys on the west side of the state that are always saying they want to help but the shows are soo far. We need you now. I am driving all the way from Detroit there. If any one wants a ride out there Sunday the offer is on the table. :moped:

jeepinrrt
03-08-2011, 08:20 PM

mopedman
03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Were do we pick up the passes for this event? Also how much is parking?

The offer is still out there if any one from the metro detroit area wants to come out with me on Sunday.

Tallbear
03-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Were do we pick up the passes for this event?

Passes will be at the will call desk located at the main lobby of the show.

Also how much is parking?

Parking in the basement is $10 a day if I remeber correctly. There are other places to park, if you don't mind the walk.

The offer is still out there if any one from the metro detroit area wants to come out with me on Sunday.

jeepinrrt
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Sorry guys, I just got an e-mail about a class on Sunday I need to take. So, I won't be able to do 10a-close. What I can do is still help with the take down at a minimum. My class will get out "mid-afternoon" so I can come over to the show after my class, and do a "mid afternoon" to close.

wwjmaj
03-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Take down help is also appreciated! Will change the schedule tomorrow when I have a full keyboard and not a phone.

balrog006
03-10-2011, 07:27 PM
All shifts but especially the weekend needs workers. Anyone?

Don't forget 4 hours = 1 year membership fee waived OR 1 entry MGO Gun of the Year --- Worker's choice at the time work shift is done.

I'll extend my shift to a double, originally 10 a - 2 p. I'll stay until 6 p.

matrea
03-10-2011, 08:12 PM
I'll extend my shift to a double, originally 10 a - 2 p. I'll stay until 6 p.

I am doing the same.

balrog006
03-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I am doing the same.

Looks like we are new best friends now...lol Look forward to meeting you and manning the booth for our double.

Now where is the rest of the West Michigan contingent?:twak:

wwjmaj
03-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Please notice the empty slots and check your schedules guys and gals. We REALLY need some west side help next week.

jvanhorn
03-11-2011, 06:16 PM
So, it looks like Friday morning and Sunday morning you still need someone?

Will-IB-Ready
03-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Please notice the empty slots and check your schedules guys and gals. We REALLY need some west side help next week.
Hey Mark, why don't you edit the title of this thread to reflect the fact that you need help. Most people probably aren't actually "reading" this thread.

wwjmaj
03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Done and updated. We are still in need of help

mopedman
03-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Guys the offer is still on the table for free rides on sunday from the metro detroit area.

LGer
03-13-2011, 09:50 AM
What is the petition for?

balrog006
03-13-2011, 12:56 PM

:?:

Have you even read this thread.....petition:wtf:

Kevets
03-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Have you even read this thread.....petition:wtf:
From page one:

We have a double booth and will be seeking petition signatures...

johnzilla
03-14-2011, 12:31 PM

CITIZENS PETITION TO REPEAL FIREARM REGISTRATION AND CRIMINAL EMPOWERMENT ZONES

WHEREAS the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution states: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed;" and

WHEREAS the State of Michigan Constitution Article I Section 6 states: "Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.";

BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED that we, the undersigned citizens of the State of Michigan urge our Representatives and Senators to:

1. Repeal all firearm registration requirements in this state; and
2. Eliminate Criminal Empowerment Zones (also known as “Pistol Free Zones”) for Concealed Pistol Licensees.

Copies for download: http://www.migunowners.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7303&d=1271866045

wwjmaj
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks John, I have had phone only access all weekend and couldn't get the link posted.

wwjmaj
03-14-2011, 04:54 PM
We still need some help for most times and especially for Saturday evening and Sunday. Remember the benefits:

1. Free Show admission.
2. Paid Membership to MGO OR entry in the MGO Gun of the Year. (Ask See Tee about THAT for pay!)
3. Help to advance safe gun knowledge.
4. Help to get signatures to eliminate Pistol Free Zones.
5. Meet fellow MGO'ers
6. Greet fellow gun owners on the West side of the state.

balrog006
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Once again MGO is returning to Grand Rapids and the Ultimate Sport Show:

2011 Dates & Times Admission (Public)
Thursday, March 17 3pm - 9:30pm
Friday, March 18 11am - 9:30pm
Saturday, March 19 10am - 9pm
Sunday, March 20 10am - 5pm

Thursday: Set Up and Show Start- Kframe357, wwjmaj, Tallbear
Noon to 4: - kframe357, wwjmaj, Tallbear
4 to Close (9:30) - Kframe357, wwjmaj, Tallbear

Friday: 11
Saturday: 10
Sunday 10
New workers can view the training video about our presentation here:
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76167&highlight=Booth+Worker+Video

Post up your availability and pm me contact info so that more details will be sent as they are available to workers. As last year, workers get free admission but parking is on your own. THANKS!

For my benefit and possibly others, what time can the booth workers enter the show if they are working the first shift of the day as in red above?

Tallbear
03-15-2011, 09:14 AM
For my benefit and possibly others, what time can the booth workers enter the show if they are working the first shift of the day as in red above?

Workers can arrive one hour before the regular opening time.

wwjmaj
03-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Just found out from Showspan that our workers can PARK FREE if they park in the Seward Street Lot and use the DAsh Shuttle bus:

This year, to help our exhibitors with the cost of parking, the Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids will offer FREE PARKING for our Exhibitors, with a FREE SHUTTLE to DeVos Place! We will be using a dedicated Grand Rapids DASH bus, running a 10-minute loop from Lot #9 on Seward (just a few blocks over the river) to the front enterance of DeVos Place.
Click
http://showspan.com/UserFiles/Documents/Exhibitor%20Kits/USG/14-USG-DASH-Map-11.pdf

for a map and the hours of operation.

jvanhorn
03-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Will there be a badge available at the entrance? Do we know the booth #

Tallbear
03-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Will there be a badge available at the entrance? Do we know the booth #

For those signed up to work, badge to get in will be at the "will call desk" by the main entrance. Booth number is 2156 on the westside of the show.

wwjmaj
03-16-2011, 10:51 AM
looks like a good group of workers to represent MGO but we could still use help Sat. evening, Set up Thursday at noon and Take Down Sunday if anyone on the West Side could help it would be appreciated.

Don`s Recovery
03-17-2011, 06:48 PM
send me a message if you still need help on saturday.

wwjmaj
03-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Message sent thursday. Just saw yourpm reply on my way in will call asap.

balrog006
03-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Had a great time today working the show with the other members in the MGO booth. Met and worked with Tallbear, matrea and wwjmaj-thanks guys!

Lots of people came past the booth and were interested in MGO ,took information and/or signed our petition.

I hope the show goes as well or better in the future, though we do need a better showing of MEMBERS from WEST Michigan to work the show-think about it....If I can do it anyone can... :wink:

wwjmaj
03-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Hey we have had GREAT help at this show so far...but not many west siders. Hopefully that will change. THANKS to all the workers....EVERYONE has shown up and done their part for 2A rights as scheduled so far. THANK YOU!

matrea
03-19-2011, 09:53 PM
It was a long day for me but I enjoyed helping at the show and meeting all of you.

Too Tall
03-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi guys,

I was at the show today. The booth looked great. Hopefully it was a productive show for MGO. I know that I talked my buddy into joining when he gets back from Iraq.

Just a word of caution: When someone (me) comes up and introduces themselves as a new MGO member, don't immediately ask them about volunteering to work the booth. It felt a little awkward, like I had to defend myself for not having volunteered.

If you volunteered, THANK YOU. I know how these shows can be. But I felt (maybe I just took it the wrong way) that I was being talked down upon because I'm a member from west Michigan and I didn't step up to work the show. Sometimes life gets too busy and we have to pick and choose how we spend our free time.

No worries, I'm over it...but just an FYI for future events.

jeepinrrt
03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Had a great time today working the show with the other members in the MGO booth. Met and worked with Tallbear, matrea and wwjmaj-thanks guys!

Lots of people came past the booth and were interested in MGO ,took information and/or signed our petition.

I hope the show goes as well or better in the future, though we do need a better showing of MEMBERS from WEST Michigan to work the show-think about it....If I can do it anyone can... :wink:

I needed the day off today to rest my voice from the 6 hours I put in yesterday. I went home and there wasn't much left :laughing:

I will see those working tomorrow afternoon.

mopedman
03-20-2011, 04:35 AM
Leaving for my almost three hour drive there...... :pump: :bfg2:

jvanhorn
03-20-2011, 06:35 AM
You have my respect, that's a long haul. At close to 4 $ a gallon.

See you there!

wwjmaj
03-20-2011, 07:32 AM
See you soon guys.

jvanhorn
03-20-2011, 09:28 AM
You have my respect, that's a long haul. At close to 4 $ a gallon.

See you there!

matrea
03-20-2011, 11:43 AM

I feel your pain. I spent almost as much time driving as I spent working the booth. On the plus side my diesel car gets 40MPG :-D

mopedman
03-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Had a blast today. Good to see every one. Driving sucked. But I love to help out with an awsome org.

TylerPearce
03-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I wish I would have seen this post earlier! I didn't even know about the show, and it was practically right down the road. Apparently, a couple of my friends stopped by the show. They told me it was pretty cool, and they even signed a couple of petitions. They couldn't remember the name of the organization, but it was for pistol registration.

Tallbear
03-21-2011, 08:41 PM
That was the MGO booth.....

I wish I would have seen this post earlier! I didn't even know about the show, and it was practically right down the road. Apparently, a couple of my friends stopped by the show. They told me it was pretty cool, and they even signed a couple of petitions. They couldn't remember the name of the organization, but it was for pistol registration.

TylerPearce
03-22-2011, 05:51 AM
I said that was probably MGO, but they didn't think so for some reason...

wwjmaj
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Had to be MGO we had the only petition I saw at the show in the three days I was there.

THANK YOU to everyone that helped. This was an OUTSTANDING outreach for MGO and you all did your part last weekend to advance 2A rights. We filled pages of petitions and many people are thinking about our issues even when they chose not to sign.

jeepinrrt
03-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Had to be MGO we had the only petition I saw at the show in the three days I was there.

THANK YOU to everyone that helped. This was an OUTSTANDING outreach for MGO and you all did your part last weekend to advance 2A rights. We filled pages of petitions and many people are thinking about our issues even when they chose not to sign.

I think those people are actually more beneficial to our cause than those who choose to sign. If we at least get them thinking about these issues instead of having their head in the sand, we have made progress, and that progress leads to support down the road.

Thanks again to all who helped at the show.