PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Adjustible Stock

XDM 40 cal
03-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Well went to the range with my new stock on my 500 and wow..

What a stock, you know you are shooting a shotgun,but there is alot less with this stock on..

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SpecOps-Adjustable-Shotgun-Stock,1158,1447.htm

i give it 10 over the stock mossberg....

no im not squinting
03-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Congrats-I like mine too, the powerpak is a good addition BTW. I like the adjustable LOP and the angle seems just right. I think the recoil reduction stuff works too-though I'm not so sure that it is as much as they claim. It takes a little getting used to at first but I like it-though some here hate them. Hey to each thier own-what works for some may not work for anothers.

donald150
03-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Blackhawk and Knoxx must be the same thing or same company or something.

I have the Knoxx stock on mine (it is the same as yours) and I love it.

The last time I seen a thread about this stock, there was talk about people getting their face ripped open by this stock.

I use mine mostly for skeet so I don't get my cheek tight on the stock but I could see how it could happen.

I have been thinking about changing mine to the folding stock version.

no im not squinting
03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
If the people read the manual then they wouldnt rip thier faces open. The Powerpak helps a little to minimize that as well.

I have one with the folder too-its good for minimizing length, and for some reason or another it actually redeuces recoil better than the collapsable version, w/c is a good thing because the stock isnt really that comfortable to use for any extended period of time. The pad is nothing more than wire covered with plastic, it left imprints of the stock on my shouldour, the LOP is also too long but its a tradeoff I'm willing to take for compactness when you need it. IMHO The cheekweld on the folder also makes rifle sights or an optic better than bead sights. I keep the folder loaded with low recoil slugs-its matched with willaims firesight ghostrings.