PDA

View Full Version : MGO Has a New Web Home!

Knimrod
10-01-2005, 04:21 AM
MGO has launched a new Web Site and Community Forum. If you can read this, you're there!

Please log in and make yourself at home. There are many new features with more to come. Your username and password should be the same as on the old message board. Also, your PMs and personal settings should be intact. You may need update some personal information or preferences from the "User CP" (User Control Panel). Please make sure the time zone in the user options is set to "GMT -5:00". Any avatars used on the old message board were not imported. Contributing members may upload avatars from their User CP.

If you encounter any difficulties, feel free to post your question in the new "Help" forum.

Enjoy!

Lance

sprink
10-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I like it!

PhotoTom
10-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I like it too...
Are the forums now going to be open to viewing without forum membership logon or is this a temporary thing? IIRC, the only forums able to be viewed without logging-on (previously) were the "for sale" forums...

ZIPGRAVER
10-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Hey Lance looks good but are you going to put up the VB codes for one-click or will I have to keep typing everything in...you know I can't type good.

Tallbear
10-01-2005, 05:26 PM
I like it too...
Are the forums now going to be open to viewing without forum membership logon or is this a temporary thing? IIRC, the only forums able to be viewed without logging-on (previously) were the "for sale" forums...

We have now opened a "small" section for anyone to see without logging on. Perhaps some "bait" to get them inside.

Knimrod
10-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey Lance looks good but are you going to put up the VB codes for one-click or will I have to keep typing everything in...you know I can't type good.

I'm not going to put it in but you can... Go into your User CP and under "Misc. Options", select the message editor interface of your choice. I think you'll be very happy... :biggrin:

enfield
10-01-2005, 07:29 PM
I like it too! It seems easier to read.

ZIPGRAVER
10-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm not going to put it in but you can... Go into your User CP and under "Misc. Options", select the message editor interface of your choice. I think you'll be very happy... :biggrin:

Well just call me stupid:slap:

Thanks Lance!

gjgalligan
10-04-2005, 06:12 AM
Are we stuck with GMT forever?
That is confusing.

I looked for away to change the time but don't see any.

Tallbear
10-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Go to "user CP" at the top of the page. From there go to "edit options" in the left hand panel. About four sections down is the "clock" set area.

gjgalligan
10-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks
I looked under edit profile, just gave up too soon.

Scoop
10-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Go to "user CP" at the top of the page. From there go to "edit options" in the left hand panel. About four sections down is the "clock" set area.
Tallbear, you can change the default for new users and guests.

It's under the Admin panel:
.vBulletin Options
..Date and Time Options
...Default Time Zone Offset

Set it to GMT -05:00 Eastern and all guests and new users will default to Meeeee-chigan time.

Also, enable Daylight Savings Time directly underneath that, too.

Scoop
10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Please make sure the time zone in the user options is set to "GMT -5:00".Lance, be sure to see my post to Tallbear above.

Knimrod
10-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Tallbear, you can change the default for new users and guests.

It's under the Admin panel:
.vBulletin Options
..Date and Time Options
...Default Time Zone Offset

Set it to GMT -05:00 Eastern and all guests and new users will default to Meeeee-chigan time.

Also, enable Daylight Savings Time directly underneath that, too.

It's set that way. The individual user time settings were generated in the import from phpBB.

Scoop
10-04-2005, 05:35 PM
It's set that way. The individual user time settings were generated in the import from phpBB.That blows ... :)

Knimrod
10-04-2005, 05:39 PM
That blows ... :)

That's nothing compared to some of the other import problems that came up... :hot:

It's all good though.. vBulletin is awsum. There are other features coming too. Baby steps...baby steps...

gjgalligan
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM
deleted - moved to help