PDA

View Full Version : peep sight elimantors any one using them

dustin1911
03-15-2011, 08:37 PM
So I'm pretty new to bow hunting and I'm having trouble using a peep sight so I started looking around and found a few peep sight eliminator set ups any here using one or what other alterative do I have thanks in advance

JHill
03-15-2011, 09:28 PM
First get the widest holed peep that you can. If you don't want a peep go with a kisser button that you put on the string at or about at full draw it is touching the corner of your mouth. This way you always put the kisser in the same spot everytime so your in the same position everytime. Then look at your site through the string. IMO if you get a wider apeture peep you would be happy. I have plenty of extras if you want to PM me I would be glad to send you one. You dont need the rubber straightener with these either

Groo
03-16-2011, 12:31 PM
I have successfully taken deer without sights of any type. natural, instinctive or whatever you want to call it. Bow sights are a new thing. Bows have been very useful weapons for a very long time without them.

just take off the sights and give that a try for awhile.

dustin1911
03-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I have successfully taken deer without sights of any type. natural, instinctive or whatever you want to call it. Bow sights are a new thing. Bows have been very useful weapons for a very long time without them.

just take off the sights and give that a try for awhile.
I guess it would not hurt any to try that

JHill
03-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Instinctive shooting is great, but for someone just starting out, sights would make things a little easier. Bottom line, practice, practice, practice. Did I mention practice? :thumbup:

dustin1911
03-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Instinctive shooting is great, but for someone just starting out, sights would make things a little easier. Bottom line, practice, practice, practice. Did I mention practice? :thumbup:
practice u wanna talk about practice lol ya alot of practice would really help thats for sure

JHill
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
practice u wanna talk about practice lol ya alot of practice would really help thats for sure

LOL, yea Alan Iverson, that was hilarious! Your talking bout practice, practice.

ro2
03-16-2011, 06:20 PM
you may try a wagon wheel style peep they are so big you dont even know its there. It basically becomes like a kisserbutton at your eye. the point is still to give a consistant anchor point. just know that archery is a mental game, if your bow is set properly to you then its a matter of learning proper form and practice. I have been shooting for 30 years now and I still learn from others. Have fun...

oldskoolford427
03-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Use a kisser button.

aquatic-archer
03-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Larger peep would be first choice. Other options would be a sight called a hind sight, personally don't like. Could go with a Pollington sight or a scope.
If you are having problems seeing thru your peep, then I woud have someone at a archery shop look at it sounds like your bow in not set up properly for you.

dustin1911
03-17-2011, 06:36 AM
It beeing set up wrong is a very good possiblty I think i probably should head up.to an archery and see whats going on

ro2
03-17-2011, 06:44 PM
if ur peep is positioned properly, the only problem you should have is the size of the hole in the peep not being big enuff for you

standley70
03-18-2011, 07:36 AM
If you are hard set on your sight i think a peep is the way to go. Getting a larger peep will help with pin acquisition. Don't go too big, you can create a whole separate problem with too big. The kisser is an idea. I just bought a peep-free sight, from tactical archery systems called a SABO sight. Check out archery talk, its a forum for bowhunters. lots of good info.

If you need your bow tuned and set up right call bearfoot archery in swartz creek. They do an awesome job, have 3d range and the best tuners around. It's just east of flint off 69.

Good luck

dustin1911
03-18-2011, 12:43 PM
If you are hard set on your sight i think a peep is the way to go. Getting a larger peep will help with pin acquisition. Don't go too big, you can create a whole separate problem with too big. The kisser is an idea. I just bought a peep-free sight, from tactical archery systems called a SABO sight. Check out archery talk, its a forum for bowhunters. lots of good info.

If you need your bow tuned and set up right call bearfoot archery in swartz creek. They do an awesome job, have 3d range and the best tuners around. It's just east of flint off 69.

Good luck
sounds good i will have to check them out thank you

PackRat
03-21-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.eradicator.com/

Michigan made to boot.

I had a home made version of something similar before I discovered these.

The neat thing is, the anchor point doesn't really have to be consistent to shoot well, anybody can pick up your bow and shoot where it is sighted in for.

No pins to fool with and for low light situations (when peeps suck) they are far superior to most anything going. Granted, for paper punchin' peeps will beat ya but, ya aren't hunting for paper now are ya?