PDA

View Full Version : H.B. 4438 & 4439 Add library to PFZ

Tallbear
03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
HB 4438 of 2011 (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2011-HB-4438)
Weapons; firearms; weapon-free zones; amend concealed weapon act to include libraries.
Last Action: 3/15/2011 referred to Committee on Judiciary

HB 4439 of 2011 (http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2011-HB-4439)
Weapons; firearms; weapon-free zones; amend provisions in Michigan penal code to include libraries.
Last Action: 3/15/2011 referred to Committee on Judiciary

Tallbear
03-16-2011, 09:27 AM
"EAST LANSING – State Representative Mark Meadows (D-East Lansing) is inviting residents to his next coffee hour on Friday, March 25, from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. at Ellie's Country Kitchen in Williamston. Meadows holds regular coffee hours in the community to meet with constituents and discuss their thoughts, ideas and concerns."

bsf
03-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Bauer Invites Residents to Breakfast on March 19

'Breakfast With Bauer' event provides informal venue to chat with lawmaker

LANSING – State Representative Joan Bauer (D-Lansing) is inviting residents to join her at her upcoming monthly “Breakfast with Bauer” event on Saturday, March 19. The event is an opportunity for residents to share their thoughts and opinions, and a good time for Bauer to update people about what’s going on in the Michigan Legislature.

Bauer’s next breakfast event will be held on Saturday, March 19, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., at Gone Wired Café, 2021 E. Michigan Ave. in Lansing.

Bauer hosts a number of events across Lansing in order to meet with residents one on one and listen to their thoughts and concerns. For more information about this or other events, please contact Bauer by phone at (517) 373-0826 or by e-mail at JoanBauer@house.mi.gov.

Knightrider03m
03-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Thank you lil_freak66

Leader
03-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Thank you lil_freak66

Who did you thank for the bill to eliminate ALL PFZ's ?

Do you have any reason to believe this will pass?

who dat
03-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Who did you thank for the bill to eliminate ALL PFZ's ?

Do you have any reason to believe this will pass?The simple fact that it's been made into a big deal will garner support for the defeat of the PFZ bill.

Before, it was no big deal. The PFZ bill made perfect sense, after all, there were no occurrences that would put it on the radar. Now it's on the radar.

It doesn't mean this bill will pass, but it sure gives legislators another target...one that's not so obvious. If they leave the PFZ bill alone and let it stand, they will be doing no wrong according to the way they think. After all, it's law now and it's no big deal according to them.

Big tactical mistake.

Leader
03-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Well.... I guess that is one way to look at it. I disagree.
The bill to eliminate PFZ's is the same one that has been offered every year since we got shall issue and I don't believe it had much chance this year either.
People have been trying to add places to the PFZ list every since they were established with the shall issue permits and it has gone no where. I don't think this has much chance either.
Good luck with trying to place blame for loosing our 2A rights on open carry and giving no credit for all the gains we have had in the last 20 years.

who dat
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Good luck with trying to place blame for loosing our 2A rights on open carry and giving no credit for all the gains we have had in the last 20 years.Sorry you think that. It's not at all what I said.

bsf
03-17-2011, 12:14 PM
In this subforum, I think we should focus on analysis of bills; required or desired changes to bills; whether they should be supported or opposed; and strategies to achieve passage or defeat. This discussion and argument about blame and other irrelevant topics is not helpful.

SIGkzoo
03-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Bauer Invites Residents to Breakfast on March 19
'Breakfast With Bauer' event provides informal venue to chat with lawmaker
Bauer’s next breakfast event will be held on Saturday, March 19, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., at Gone Wired Café, 2021 E. Michigan Ave. in Lansing.

How many of us here will be at this Breakfast on Saturday? I plan to attend. Is it legal to knowingly carry in the immediate vicinity of a politician such as Bauer? I'm pretty sure it is, but I figure it's better to ask and be sure.

bsf
03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
How many of us here will be at this Breakfast on Saturday? I plan to attend. Is it legal to knowingly carry in the immediate vicinity of a politician such as Bauer? I'm pretty sure it is, but I figure it's better to ask and be sure.
Probably none. Lansing is not exactly a bastion of support for the RKBA.

These bills are now in the Judiciary Committee. You are free to attend, obviously, but the Judiciary Committee members are the individuals that need to be contacted concerning these bills now.

ETA
Legislators are not surrounded by a zone in which firearm possession is prohibited. Please do not do anything that would reflect negatively on firearms owners. I only say that because your question indicates you are severely lacking in knowledge of firearms laws. Do more reading here, especially in the legal, concealed carry, and open carry subforums.

SIGkzoo
03-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Then why did you post it? What else do you suggest that I do to stand up against this legislation? How do I find out who these Judiciary Committee members are?

I am fairly well-versed in the gun laws, but you never know if there is some off-the-wall legislation that I might not have heard of, so I was merely double checking. I am a CPL holder, and I carry completely concealed and am very cautious about obeying the law. I wish that you would take my asking as a sign of caution and responsibility rather than of recklessness or ignorance. I believe it's always better to ask and look like a fool, than to be anything less than double sure.

who dat
03-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Then why did you post it? What else do you suggest that I do to stand up against this legislation? How do I find out who these Judiciary Committee members are?

I am fairly well-versed in the gun laws, but you never know if there is some off-the-wall legislation that I might not have heard of, so I was merely double checking. I am a CPL holder, and I carry completely concealed and am very cautious about obeying the law. I wish that you would take my asking as a sign of caution and responsibility rather than of recklessness or ignorance. I believe it's always better to ask and look like a fool, than to be anything less than double sure.The only stupid question is the one left unasked.

Some people have their panties in a bunch over anything. Ignore it.

I think your question was as you described it. Go to the party and let us know what happens.