PDA

View Full Version : The glock 27

slav1north
03-18-2011, 07:00 PM
After firing about a thousand rounds thru this sub compact I'm really liking this powerful carry gun. l wanted more firepower than my other carry weapon , the Ruger LCP. This baby glock fits the bill for me. I'm 5'9' tall 185 lbs with small to medium size hands. It fits my hand well for only a two finger grip.As some people have said the .40 S&W is a bit snappy in a sub compact , but I do find it controllable.Shooting over a hundred rounds a session with the stock 9 round mags is not a problem. I use a N-tak kydex OWB holster for the range and under a jacket.And a Don Hume H715 for IWB. Both holsters are comfortable for me. The glock is a flawless shooter and I trust this weapon with my life. I will carry the G27 on all but the hottest summer days . Then the little LCP will fit into my pocket. Best wishes to all !!

tenthumbs
03-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Try a Gap Floor Plate. It makes them easier to Draw and doesn't add to the Grip Length.

bad86ta
03-23-2011, 03:33 PM
love my Glock 27, great little carry piece...

slav1north
03-27-2011, 11:20 AM
I was thinking of trying one of these, if I run across one I'll pick one up. Any local stores or shops sell them in or near macomb county ?

aaron
03-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Try a Gap Floor Plate. It makes them easier to Draw and doesn't add to the Grip Length.

I just got a couple of these. I haven't fired it with it attached, but I can tell it will make it much better for control.

slo2type2u
04-03-2011, 01:06 PM
I have one too.. I added the pearce grip extension... I can shoot a lot better with this more conventional grip than with hanging my pinky finger.. It does however make it slightly less easy to conceal

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/slo2type2u/BC-24011B_1o.jpg

Great gun and super reliable..

Roguepilot
04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I have only had my Glock 27 about a lil over a month and put around 300 rounds thru it. Function has been flawless. Shoots dead on with minimal recoil and muzzle flip. I have the pearce extensions on mine also. I too, wanted something a tad bigger than my Sig P232 in stopping power, but I didnt want to give up the concealability. This fits right in the slot I was looking for. Dead nuts on the firing line, no FTFs, Double feeds etc,
I have the IWB Galco Royal Guard holster and the Galco Cop Series CTS286B for carry in winter or open carry if I so desire. Nice thing bout this lil critter is everything on my G23 will interchange just about with this. G23 will fit in the holster. Mags of course are interchangeable. I ran a 31 round SM and it worked just fine, yes it was one of those cheap Korean mags but it worked:mg: So now I can run with my Glock 27 in the main chain, with my BG 380 in the pocket holster DeSantis U7. Hope this helps, if your on the fence on a great weapon.

turbolag23
04-05-2011, 02:24 PM
I carry my g27 in a Don Hume H715 as well, that may be my favorite holster for its size, comfort, and cost. my g23 has been getting most of the carry duty lately in the MTAC but as the weather warms up ill probably switch back to the baby glock.
many people complain about the snap of the 40sw but i dont find it hard to shoot, a J frame or bodyguard380 starts to sting your hands after a dozen or so shots, i'm perfectly fine shooting over 100 rounds a range trip out of the g27. only issue for me is i shoot the g19/26 better.