PDA

View Full Version : GunVault Multi Review

jimmyb223
03-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I recently bought one of these online to secure my handgun. The model I got was the GunVault Multi Standard, GV2000C - STD.

What I like about it:

The box is very solid, welded seam 16 gauge sheet metal construction. The door is spring loaded and pops right open when the code is entered. There are holes punched in the bottom of it to allow bolting to the floor or something else.

What I don't like about it:

It's advertised as being about 10" wide x 8" high x 14" deep. What they don't tell you is that the top is sloped, so it gets shorter as you go to the back. It's about 6 1/2" high at the back. The shelf follows this same slope. It's made of plastic. Anything you put on it slides right to the back of the box. I'll have to put some sort of liner on this shelf to stop the sliding.

The fingerpad allows for a programmable code of 3 to 6 presses long. Each press can use 1 to 4 fingers simultaneously. The thing is too sensitive for a simultaneous press of more then one finger. I can't make my fingers work perfectly in unison (press each pad at exactly the same time) to get this feature to work.

who dat
03-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I recently bought one of these online to secure my handgun. The model I got was the GunVault Multi Standard, GV2000C - STD.

What I like about it:

The box is very solid, welded seam 16 gauge sheet metal construction. The door is spring loaded and pops right open when the code is entered. There are holes punched in the bottom of it to allow bolting to the floor or something else.

What I don't like about it:

It's advertised as being about 10" wide x 8" high x 14" deep. What they don't tell you is that the top is sloped, so it gets shorter as you go to the back. It's about 6 1/2" high at the back. The shelf follows this same slope. It's made of plastic. Anything you put on it slides right to the back of the box. I'll have to put some sort of liner on this shelf to stop the sliding.

The fingerpad allows for a programmable code of 3 to 6 presses long. Each press can use 1 to 4 fingers simultaneously. The thing is too sensitive for a simultaneous press of more then one finger. I can't make my fingers work perfectly in unison (press each pad at exactly the same time) to get this feature to work.You may have one with an assembly problem. Mine has the same shelf, but it's perfectly level.

Turn it over and put the finger buttons on the bottom. If the shelf is level, then you can assume the builder had his head up his butt while putting it together.

Return it.

jeffegg2
03-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I have the micro vault. Same finger pad.

I don't use double key presses, I want to make it simple for both me and the wife...

I did have a problem, when the gun was in the safe, when opening and closing the ribbon cable was folding back on itself.

To fix it I did some duct taping magic on the front and back of the ribbon where it passes across the hinge. It seems to have been solved after 3 weeks or so of opening and closing multiple times each day.

Kind of a kludge for something that should work in the first place, but it is pretty cheap and made in china.... so I can't expect much. :usa:

Daniels
03-24-2011, 10:00 AM
I think you have the shelf in wrong. It needs to slide between the two prongs on the front and rear of the safe. Sounds like you have it maybe on top of the front on and below the rear. The shelf should be level.

I have the Deluxe model and really like it.