PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on my first double barrel

NoviceClays1989
03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Hello all. I am new to shooting, but my first gun and shooting sport was a 12 ga pump, and I ended up falling in love with trap. I haven't been able to spend much time at the range, having sold my shotgun to fund Christmas. I decided It needs to be replaced with a double barrel, O/U so I can have the ability to take a crack at skeet and sporting clays as well, wasn't quick enough with the pump lol. Anyway, I find myself at a quandary. I can't afford an 1100 dollar gun, stretching 500 will be tight but hopefully possible in hopefully before this coming May. The stoeger condor has really caught my eye. I have handled, but never fired, atleast 2 dozen of them at different stores and shows. I want to know how people that own them feel about them, how well they last. If it was a hunting gun I wouldnt care, but shooting sports add up to high round count very quickly, don't want to buy a gun that will get destroyed in 2 seasons. I would love to buy a new gun so it can be all mine, and make my own memories, but if I am better of buying a used something else for the same price, I would like to know. Thanks ahead to all who have input, maybe you'll get to embarrass me on the trap field one day lol.:shrugs:

jcools
03-26-2011, 08:35 PM
I shot w/ a guy @ WCSC last year.He had 1 and loved it.Me I just use my old 870.