PDA

View Full Version : Store owner shoots and kills intruder

Knimrod
11-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Store owner shoots and kills intruder
WWMT - Kalamazoo
November 1, 2005 - 5:21PM

BATTLE CREEK (NEWS 3) - A 19-year-old Battle Creek man was killed early this morning after allegedly breaking into a local convenience store.

Police say the owner of the Northside Deli woke to find Joshua Lind in his store at 4:30 this morning. They say he confronted the intruder and shot him with a shotgun.

The incident was the second time since Saturday someone has tried to rob the Northside Deli on Calhoun St.

Police say owner Randy Carson placed a 911 call to report the shooting. He told officers he heard sounds coming from the store while he was sleeping downstairs. A window near the door was broken.

Police believe Carson told Lind to stop.

“He turned around, had something black in his hands,” said Carson on Tuesday. “I'm not taking any chances. I just got fired on a couple of days ago, so I shot him.”

On Saturday, another man tried to rob the store. Police say Carson shot at him, too. “I'm sure he has a heightened state of awareness and vulnerability here,” said Battle Creek Police Cmdr. Jim Saylor. “At that incident Saturday, shots were exchanged between the suspect the owner here at the store.”

Police don't think the two incidents are related but they do say the attempted robbery on Saturday is like one of eight armed robberies that have happened in the Battle Creek area in the past week.

Many store owners in town are on edge. Like Carson, Deborah Longbons faced a gun at the family unit market. “I applaud him, I guess,” she says. “But it's not an option I would choose because your life is not worth your property.”

After two attempted robberies, Carson is rethinking his future “very seriously,” he says. “After a while you get tired of this, tired of guns put in your face.”

Link to story (http://www.wwmt.com/engine.pl?station=wwmt&id=20737&template=breakout_local.html)

ultrarider
11-02-2005, 09:15 AM
How many times does Carson have to "pull a trigger" before the perps get the clue that he's not the best choice to rob?

It'll be interesting to see if charges are brought to Carson.

ZIPGRAVER
11-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Many store owners in town are on edge. Like Carson, Deborah Longbons faced a gun at the family unit market. “I applaud him, I guess,” she says. “But it's not an option I would choose because your life is not worth your property.”

I like this stupid lliberal response. Apparently she would rather get killed. Wake up lady...bad guys don't give a **** about your property or YOUR LIFE!

G22
11-02-2005, 09:36 AM
When someone points a gun in your face, they are not threatening your property, they are threatening your life.

Stupid people shouldn't breed.

Rolex Dr.
11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
good for the owner

i heard about these robberies from a jeweler in battle creek

its got them all on edge

JD