04-01-2011, 10:21 AM
As the title said...
Keep little finger's from playing ....:D

Dymoke
05-31-2011, 06:43 PM
That should do the trick, eh!

Dsully
05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Got the same one bud. Does the trick. Mine is also locked in my gun room.

agentorange
05-31-2011, 06:57 PM
just got one around christmas so my baby girl dont get ahold of anything.

XDM 40 cal
05-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Yep, it a good thing to have...even if your on a budget.

dreamer56
05-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Those are pretty nice...have a couple...I anchored mine to the wall so they would not be pulled over on kids or pets. :-)

RevDerb
06-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Good plan. :thumbup:

45 acp
06-01-2011, 05:52 AM
My New storage for guns and rangebag

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:D

Great for storage and to keep little ones safe.
But I would think that it might be a bit heavy for a range bag!!!!!!!!!!!!

XDM 40 cal
06-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Great for storage and to keep little ones safe.
But I would think that it might be a bit heavy for a range bag!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...Good one...Well carring the rangebag in the locker/safe does get hard when trying to put in the trunk of my car....:shocked:

BWHaas
06-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Nice. I like them quite a bit.

RossGellar
09-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I've got the same one, great for those on a budget.

ka64
09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Very nice, Ihave the same one I use for Ammo.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/ukrany1/Guns/100_2057.jpg

midwestoffroad
09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I need to get one for ammo I have a stack on 10 gun thats full of rifles and it is a decent low cost safe. but that one would do the trick for the ammo. Do you use a dehumidifier with ammo at all. and should primers be kept seperate

ka64
09-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I need to get one for ammo I have a stack on 10 gun thats full of rifles and it is a decent low cost safe. but that one would do the trick for the ammo. Do you use a dehumidifier with ammo at all. and should primers be kept seperate

Yes, I have Dehumidifiers in both safes. Your primers should be fine.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx155/ukrany1/Guns/100_2058.jpg

darth frosty
09-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Nice setups

72WhiteDemon
10-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Nice praise for an inexpensive unit. I will have to take a closer look. I like the idea of using it as ammo storage once I can afford something nicer.

04JRB
10-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Those are pretty nice...have a couple...I anchored mine to the wall so they would not be pulled over on kids or pets. :-)

same deal here. They work for what they are meant for, I too anchor mine.

Some day Ill buy a really nice Safe to replace the gun storage.

but all my reloading supplies, dies, and loaded ammo and such will certainly fill these cabinets up!

michiganfan
11-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Got the same.

kevins_garage
11-28-2011, 09:30 AM
but all my reloading supplies, dies, and loaded ammo and such will certainly fill these cabinets up!
For about the same price, or not much more (maybe even less depending on where you buy from), you can get one of those locking office supply cabinets which offer the same level of security, but give you 3-4 times the storage space.

I even picked up some 4 high fire lined file cabinets from a going out of business sale that work well for storing ammo, range bags, and reloading stuff. I've seen them for $1,000+ and they were giveaway priced at $100 each.

04JRB
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
For about the same price, or not much more (maybe even less depending on where you buy from), you can get one of those locking office supply cabinets which offer the same level of security, but give you 3-4 times the storage space.

I even picked up some 4 high fire lined file cabinets from a going out of business sale that work well for storing ammo, range bags, and reloading stuff. I've seen them for $1,000+ and they were giveaway priced at $100 each.

You are on the same page as I am. I recently had my office furniture replaced, and had one of those big double door HON cabinets that needed a new home... my home. about 7'tall and 18" deep and maybe 3' wide with vertical doors and a locking mechanism. enough to keep little fingers out and keep honest people honest. it is great for reloading supplies!

Pyzik
01-03-2012, 02:48 PM
...I anchored mine to the wall so they would not be pulled over on kids or pets. :-)
Same here.

Revdrshad
01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Nice setup. I have a HOMAK I keep some items in. Just a word to the wise if I may, If they're not bolted down, it's pretty easy for a couple bad guys to carry them out of your house and pry them open at their home.
Bolt them down if you can. If you cant, try and put a chain around them and lock them to something like a basement pole or cast iron sewage line. Master lock makes a lockable cable ("Python" maybe?) That can fit through the vent or bolt down holes in the bottom and back. Lock them with the door towards the pole, so they cant be pryed open.
And always, always remember THERE IS NOWHERE IN YOUR HOUSE WHERE KIDS CANT FIND THE KEYS!! (Remember being a little kid?)
Stay safe, and happy shooting. :thumbup:

HiPoint.40
01-10-2012, 09:01 PM

Ballistik
01-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Plan on picking one up this week.

jmilch
01-15-2012, 11:04 PM
What brand? Where did you get it?

I am looking for something larger soon. My safe... well it ran out of space fast this last year.

shoxroxice
02-02-2012, 09:48 AM
I have been looking at those 'cabinets' for a while, only have 3 long guns at the moment and a couple handguns, but it seemed so thin to me that I was skeptical of buying it. For around $100 they seem like a great entry-level locked storage place though. The thicker built 'safes' can be found for around $400 for a 10-14 gun model and vary on the level of fire protection. I'd really like one but can't justify the extra $300.

Anyone care to chime in whether or not these cabinets seem 'secure' ?

jmanz6
02-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I have a Stack-On cabinet and it seems secure enough. Nothing is theft proof, but for what I need, it's perfect. I would like to get a safe, but the size I want won't fit in my house easily and my basement is WAY too damp. Mine has 3 locking points so the door can't be easily pryed open. YMMV.

leavitron
02-24-2012, 01:03 PM
I bought the Stack-On 8 gun one last week from Gander Mountain. They were on sale. I replaced a cheaper one with the Stack on because the cheapo had crappy foam inserts and I didn't feel like engineering a new solution. Besides, the "blue beast" was a freebie my father gave me. So no loss when I sell it on Craigslist.

I like the Stack On because it is wider and the guns run across the back. Easier to pull one out. I was going to get the small cabinet that stacks on top, but I don't have enough height in the nook in which I stick the cabinet. So I'll do without for now.

I like the idea you guys have of keeping it around for ammo/reloading storage when you get a good safe for your guns. I'll remember that.

Veteran
02-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I have probably 20 ammo cans/with rubber seals. I feel that they protect my ammo and if necessary, they would be easily portable to bug out to my place up north. They are full of all the different calibers of pistols and rifles I have. I cover them as best I can with towels and a small blanket. I am looking for a lockable cabinet with heavy duty shelves to kind of hide and secure them from anyone coming in my basement. Just something to keep the honest people out.