PDA

View Full Version : Saf-T-Blok for Glock

laober
04-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Has anyone used the Saf-T-Blok for Glock product? I was wondering how well it stayed in place when you want it in and how easily it is to pop out when you want it out, if that makes sense. I was thinking of getting one for carry to make my wife feel better about preventing accidentally shooting myself.....

esq_stu
04-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I have one. I don't use it.

Actually, I forgot I had it til I read your post. Now that my wife puts jewelry in the bedroom gun safe, maybe I will use it when I put a Glock in that safe.

I put it away because I was afraid one day I would need the gun in an emergency and forget it was there. I don't like safeties. That is why I have dao pistols.

donald150
04-02-2011, 08:10 PM
It is a very stupid Idea!

NOTHING belongs inside the trigger guard of a loaded gun except your finger.

DLL9MM
04-03-2011, 07:10 AM
When I first started carrying Glocks I tried one. Garbage. It actually got my gun stuck in the holster(Galco) Now I carry Glocks the correct way.

esq_stu
04-03-2011, 07:18 AM
It actually got my gun stuck in the holster(Galco) Now I carry Glocks the correct way.I never really thought of it as a safety for carry, but rather for storage, so you could keep it in a drawer and not accidentally put your finger in the trigger guard when you move the gun. I usually keep the gun in a cheap holster in the drawer or safe.

Someone here I think posted a kydex doodad they made that slips over the trigger to make "Mexican" carry a little safer. I just don't see putting things in the trigger guard as a good idea for carry.

sullyxlh
04-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Has anyone used the Saf-T-Blok for Glock product? I was wondering how well it stayed in place when you want it in and how easily it is to pop out when you want it out, if that makes sense. I was thinking of getting one for carry to make my wife feel better about preventing accidentally shooting myself.....It's easier to keep your finger out of the trigger guard than rely on snake oil for safety.
Your the one carrying you worry about it
Tell your wife to find something else to worry about.

donald150
04-03-2011, 07:51 AM
I never really thought of it as a safety for carry, but rather for storage, so you could keep it in a drawer and not accidentally put your finger in the trigger guard when you move the gun. I usually keep the gun in a cheap holster in the drawer or safe.

Someone here I think posted a kydex doodad they made that slips over the trigger to make "Mexican" carry a little safer. I just don't see putting things in the trigger guard as a good idea for carry.

Raven sells one for $20

Or you can make one for about $.25
http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/images/VanGuard1.JPG

ranttrmike
04-07-2011, 06:26 AM
It's easier to keep your finger out of the trigger guard than rely on snake oil for safety.
Your the one carrying you worry about it
Tell your wife to find something else to worry about.

I agree. When you NEED that weapon, hearts pounding at 140bpm or more, and the adrenaline is pumping, you will lose your fine motor skills. You will NOT be able to think about anything other than pulling the trigger. You'll see something blocking the trigger, you'll see your finger trying to pull the trigger, but your brain will not make the connection as to why the trigger is hidden or wont move.

YOU make it safe, YOU handle it right, and there won't be any issues.

malignity
04-08-2011, 12:45 AM
I used to use one too for carry. I was paranoid that I'd bump my trigger or something and have a "Glock discharge" that so many seem to have.

It wasn't until I couldn't get my gun out of my holster because it was in place that I stopped using it. They're not very secure. Sure, they adjust, but as you sit, stand, walk and do daily activity, they move out of place. This means they could potentially move in FRONT of your trigger and actually cause a an accidental discharge.

I have a left handed one floating around somewhere... I learned to better handle my Glock so I'd have no possibility of remotely touching the trigger. I know it's uncomfortable at first but over time, you'll become more comfortable with it. I now keep my Glock chambered always with no safety and don't mind transporting it to and from my nightstand to holster, etc with any fear of accidental discharge.

I'd not recommend it. They're potentially dangerous.

laober
05-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks to all, please delete