PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent talks turkey with Michigan governor

cachemerc
04-03-2011, 08:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110401/ap_on_en_mu/us_people_nugent

Among his pet-peeves: the need for a license to hunt wild turkeys. Nugent says they're as plentiful as mosquitoes.

He also criticized the requirement to keep a hunting bow in a zipped case during transport

wadevb1
04-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Turkey population is hit and miss across the state. I understand the quota requirements.

One bad winter can put a serious hurt on them.

Rabbits and deer out number turkeys, maybe we should eliminate licenses for them as well.

Too bad our advocate is Ted.

Ruger
04-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Ted is an idiot! combine his crap with what the DNR and the only thing left to hunt in Michigan will be these!
http://www.nps.gov/band/naturescience/images/turkey_vulture.jpg

Buzzcat
04-03-2011, 10:36 AM
I think his gist was to make it easier for folks to get outdoors and hunt, rather than continually restrict the activity to the point that most people would rather stay home and play a hunting game on their Playstation.

thongg
04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
should be able to buy as many turkey tags as you want in spring or fall the farmers where we hunt want the turkeys gone would buy at 3 to four tags if we could or just put them under the small game tag with bag limits like geese

ductileiron98
04-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Turkey population is hit and miss across the state. I understand the quota requirements.

One bad winter can put a serious hurt on them.

You don't need a "special" license to hunt them. Rabbits and deer out number turkeys, maybe we should eliminate licenses for them as well.

Too bad our advocate is Ted.
"Like"

wadevb1
04-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I think his gist was to make it easier for folks to get outdoors and hunt, rather than continually restrict the activity to the point that most people would rather stay home and play a hunting game on their Playstation.

If people are too lazy to zip up a bow or drive down to the sports store for left over turkey licenses, they should limit their hunting to X box.

JHill
04-03-2011, 02:20 PM
I doubt he's trying to have a year round open season. His point was probably to have one open season, in the spring without the drawing, just like deer season. Have a set season , two weeks, or whatever, with a bag limit, where everyone can hunt on opening day. He's the last person that wants to hurt Michigan hunting.

As far as using a case, mine is also used for my field tool box, so I will always have mine. I'm sure they discussed more than these two issues, and whether you like Ted or not, he's all we got. I for one, applaud his hardcore, in your face mentality. He is very passionate about hunting,and is not afraid to speak his mind.

Ted understands, the need to keep the wildlife in check, to prevent sickness and disease, also starvation, due to overpopulation. A balanced herd/flock, or whatever, is in all of our best interest. The doe to buck ratio is so out of whack(pun intended), that we don't see the bucks fighting, like days of old.
If we could stop the need to shoot a buck mentality, we could help ourselves with this problem.

I know Ted comes across like he's over the top, but it just shows his desire to see Michigan hunting, back to where it once was, when people from around the world, were coming to Michigan. Sorry for the rambling!

oldskoolford427
04-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I doubt he's trying to have a year round open season. His point was probably to have one open season, in the spring without the drawing, just like deer season. Have a set season , two weeks, or whatever, with a bag limit, where everyone can hunt on opening day. He's the last person that wants to hurt Michigan hunting.

As far as using a case, mine is also used for my field tool box, so I will always have mine. I'm sure they discussed more than these two issues, and whether you like Ted or not, he's all we got. I for one, applaud his hardcore, in your face mentality. He is very passionate about hunting,and is not afraid to speak his mind. Ted understands, the need to keep the wildlife in check, to prevent sickness and disease, also starvation, due to overpopulation. A balanced herd/flock, or whatever, is in all of our best interest. The doe to buck ratio is so out of whack(pun intended), that we don't see the bucks fighting, like days of old.
If we could stop the need to shoot a buck mentality, we could help ourselves with this problem.

I know Ted comes across like he's over the top, but it just shows his desire to see Michigan hunting, back to where it once was, when people from around the world, were coming to Michigan. Sorry for the rambling!

+1
Go Deadly Tedly

wadevb1
04-03-2011, 02:49 PM

As far as using a case, mine is also used for my field tool box, so I will always have mine. I'm sure they discussed more than these two issues, and whether you like Ted or not, he's all we got. I for one, applaud his hardcore, in your face mentality. He is very passionate about hunting,and is not afraid to speak his mind.

Ted understands, the need to keep the wildlife in check, to prevent sickness and disease, also starvation, due to overpopulation. A balanced herd/flock, or whatever, is in all of our best interest. The doe to buck ratio is so out of whack(pun intended), that we don't see the bucks fighting, like days of old.

Good post.

I'm not a fan of Ted, but at least he is stepping up to the plate. I'll give him credit for that.

Almostnoddedoff
04-13-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd have rather seen him talk dove instead of turkey.

That is the area we need some help.

mattl
04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I'd rather see him just shut up when it comes to Michigan period....when he had a chance to really do something he packed his happyass off to Texas.
Remember he was going to run for guv??? But then again we are better off he didn't, he let jeff feiger outsmart him.