PDA

View Full Version : Annual FNRA Banquet (2011)

johnzilla
04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Michigan Gun Owners and Livingston Conservation and Sports Association proudly announce:

Annual Friends of the NRA (FNRA) Banquet and Fundraiser
Saturday, May 14, 2011

Doors @ 5:00 PM
Dinner @ 6:00 PM

LCSA Club House
8532 McClements Road
Brighton, MI
google map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=8532+McClements+Road,+Brighton,+MI&aq=0&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.569986,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=8532+McClements+Rd,+Brighton,+Michigan+48114&ll=42.588146,-83.783948&spn=0.010869,0.01929&t=h&z=16)

Click Here to Purchase Tickets (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/products.php?cat=10)

Ticket Packages:

Dinner Only: $40.00/Table of 8: $300.00
Big Shooter Package: $75.00 (includes dinner and $100 in raffle tickets - save $65!)
Super Shooter Package: $125.00 (includes 2 dinners and $200 in raffle tickets - great for couples, save $105!)
Safari Hunter Package: $400.00 (includes 8 dinners and $600 in raffle tickets)

All proceeds go to the FNRA. The FNRA is not political. FNRA funds go directly to grants and other funding for firearms education with 50% of the funds staying right here in Michigan. For more info on the FNRA, check out their web site: http://www.friendsofnra.org

This is the third FNRA banquet for MGO. Come on out for a great night of friends, fellowship, firearms, and fun!

capt. lucky
04-22-2011, 04:37 AM
sent for our tickets hope we have as much fun this year as the last one
what is on the menu this time? :hoppinhappy:

wwjmaj
04-22-2011, 05:30 PM
We are going BBQ I believe done well by a Brighton tavern (located at one of the golf courses I believe). UTPD#5 should post up the menu soon.

Look forward to seeing you there. It should be a GREAT TIME! almost twice as many guns available to win as last year and many new additions to the package. We will have several more framed prints and some more ladies things too! Should be a GREAT time again.:fa: :fa: :fa:

wwjmaj
04-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Forgot to mention we will have the 100th Anniversary NRA Special Edition Engraved 1911. IF you have not seen it you will miss out!:cannon: :cannon:

Moorhous
04-29-2011, 06:20 PM
I want to go! Any one out there want to car pool? Maybe split the $125 package?? PM me!!

Ed Hoffman
05-02-2011, 10:26 PM
can't wait
:colors:

RPMO6
05-02-2011, 11:20 PM
almost twice as many guns available to win as last year and many new additions to the package. We will have several more framed prints

Forgot to mention we will have the 100th Anniversary NRA Special Edition Engraved 1911
What does all this mean for the person who has never attended? Raffle tickets for what? Is there door prizes? Do you win items with your ticket for admission? Do you buy things? Is there a bar? Is there a silent auction? How many people usually show? Is there guest speakers? Is there entertainment?

Sorry for being so uninformed...

PhotoTom
05-03-2011, 09:23 AM
What does all this mean for the person who has never attended? Raffle tickets for what? Is there door prizes? Do you win items with your ticket for admission? Do you buy things? Is there a bar? Is there a silent auction? How many people usually show? Is there guest speakers? Is there entertainment?

Sorry for being so uninformed...

There are tables of items that are for raffle. You "buy" a number of raffle tickets (or get them as a part of your package) and decide which items you want to try for. You can drop one ticket or all of them in one container (for one item) if you choose. There is color coding, so you have to make sure your ticket color is the right color (value) for the item being raffled.

There are also various games (guessing, chance, etc) to play. There was a bar at the 1st annual FNRA Banquet...I would think there would be here as well...

There were a number of auctions (silent and live).

All in all...it is LOTS of fun! You won't be disappointed!

wwjmaj
05-03-2011, 12:27 PM
There are tables of items that are for raffle. You "buy" a number of raffle tickets (or get them as a part of your package) and decide which items you want to try for. You can drop one ticket or all of them in one container (for one item) if you choose. There is color coding, so you have to make sure your ticket color is the right color (value) for the item being raffled.

There are also various games (guessing, chance, etc) to play. There was a bar at the 1st annual FNRA Banquet...I would think there would be here as well...

There were a number of auctions (silent and live).

All in all...it is LOTS of fun! You won't be disappointed!

All of what Tom said and MORE this year: More guns, More items More comraderie and ALL of the funds this night go to the FNRA with 50% STAYING IN MICHIGAN through the grants process run by the FNRA....MGO has benefitted; Many Women on Target, Range Improvements at clubs across the state, 4H and Youth Shooting programs etc. are funded RIGHT HERE with the money raised. This year there are requests for about 600k with about 160k available from the money raised across the state at FNRA banquets. MGO's was among the smallest last year both in numbers and money raised. We need to CHANGE that NOW. Look at the packages and join us in Livingston for a fun night!

UTPD#5
05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
When: May 14, 2011 at 5:00pm
Where: LCSA 8532 McClements Rd., Brighton, MI

Dinner at 6:00pm consisting of Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket, homemade rolls, Mac n Cheese, Potato Dish, Cole Slaw, Salad, Cowboy Beans and desert. Soft Drinks, Beer and Wine provided.

Multiple drawings for firearms including: a custom engraved Anniversary 1911, a 22lr AR15, a 44 Mag Revolver and many more.

The first 2011 MGO Gun of the Year will be raffled off at the event, a Kimber 1911.

Live auction, silent auction and games of chance to win firearms and accessories...there will be items for the ladies as well.

Plenty of seats available: Dinner only $40.00, One Dinner with $100 in raffle tickets only $75.00, Two Dinners with $200 in raffle tickets only $125.00 and Eight Dinners with $600.00 in raffle tickets for only $400.00. So, grab some friends and fill a table.

Purchase tickets online at www.migunowners.org (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/../) or by contacting UTPD#5 at garry@pistoltactics.com

Multiple vendors have donated items, if you'd like to sponsor or donate please contact UTPD#5 at garry@pistoltactics.com

RPMO6
05-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Thank you to all for your help.

BullPup Adict
05-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Blue Water friends of NRA has their dinner on Thursday 4/5 in Marysville.

I'll be there :score:

Bull

wwjmaj
05-06-2011, 03:37 PM
We have custom made holsters in addition to the guns guns guns that will be given away, sold, raffled etc. that night.

Also for the ladies Cabela's has helped with several items unique to MGO - LCSA FNRA banquet. Get your tickets soon it is just 8 days away!

(And FNRA banquet money has made our Safe Storage and Kidsafe program materials possible and we have another grant pending. 50% of all funds raised in Michigan STAY in Michigan through the FNRA Grant process!)

UTPD#5
05-10-2011, 11:49 AM
BUMP

Menu updated!

Don't miss this event!

moose67
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Looking forward to the event, and meeting a few more MGO members, I bought my ticket a couple of weeks ago, what’s the pricing for extra raffle tickets.

wwjmaj
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
additional raffle tickets and/or upgrades to a "sponsor" are available at the door. There will also be games of chance, cards sold and drawn, etc. throughout the evening. Most will be 10 -20 per chance or entry.

WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE GUNS this year!

wwjmaj
05-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Lets go M G O. We need To support the foundation with these dinners. It is where our grant came from.

dougwg
05-11-2011, 07:17 PM
If I get the "Super Shooter" Package for $125, can I just pay cash at the door?

wwjmaj
05-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Cash is ALWAYS accepted. I got you down so we can get you fed.

See you there! Thanks for your support!

dougwg
05-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks Mark

bushido
05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Looks like a ton of fun but won't be able to go.

wwjmaj
05-13-2011, 11:35 AM
If things change just come. We should have lotts of food...just don't buy my winning tickets first for the guns guns guns!

capt. lucky
05-13-2011, 03:34 PM
cant wait for tomorrow looks like a great night :bounce: :bounce:

Quantum007
05-14-2011, 09:31 AM
MMMMM.......BBQ

dougwg
05-14-2011, 10:03 AM
yuck....diabetes

wwjmaj
05-14-2011, 05:15 PM
First gun given away at 6:13. Itgs going to be great night.

Maranatha
05-14-2011, 06:45 PM
How many guns did nick win this time

Eric D
05-14-2011, 08:05 PM
This was a fun night even though I didn't win anything. The Colt NRA 100 year would have been a nice to have own.. There is always next year!

johnzilla
05-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Many thanks to everyone who attended the FNRA banquet tonight! Hopefully everyone had a good time and took a chance at winning some great prizes.

Final count was 100 people plus/minus a few...a giant increase (3x) from last year and double our first year's attendance. We can do better but it is nice to see the numbers coming up. Many banquets in the state run 300+ for attendance.

We raffled and auctioned a lot of firearms:

Savage .17 HMR w/ laminated stock
Beeman air rifle
Weatherby 12 ga shotgun
Ruger LCP
Kimber Custom II (MGO Gun of the Year 2011)
Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum
S&W M&P
Henry Golden Boy
Ruger 77M in 7mm-08
AR-15 (not sure which manufacturer...didn't get a close look)

There were many other prizes and items up for auction including a couple tables just for the ladies.

Special thanks to:

Regal Recycling (Barrettone) - very!! generous donation
Diversified Firearm Concepts (joeywhat) - gift certificates
SP Guns N Ammo (TNT.45) - gift certificates
Crown Holsters (Will-IB-Ready) - gift certificates

LC&SA - the club did a great job with their clubhouse...very professional and organized, lots of room, great volunteers

Super special thanks to:

All of the volunteers, especially Garry (UTPD#5) for all of his hard work and handling the FFL duties and Mark (wwjmaj) and his wife Beth for too much to list...all went above and beyond to make the event a success. Beth also made dessert!

All of the donors (I don't have the list) that took care of beverages, ticket printing, and more. The night would not have been a success without everyone's generous donations of time, food, drinks, prizes and supplies. If I missed anyone it is only because I don't have the full list...hopefully someone else will chime in.

Members, if you find yourself buying from any of the sponsors of this year's banquet, please be sure to thank them for their support!

Thanks again to all who attended, and if you didn't get a chance this year we are already planning next year's banquet so there will be more opportunities to raise money for a good cause while enjoying food, fellowship and firearms!

wwjmaj
05-15-2011, 07:04 AM
We also had generous donations and support from:

RG Leather AND Concealed Carry Holsters gift certificates from here on the board, as well as Cabela's and MiCpl for merchandise. THANK YOU!

PLEASE SUPPORT THE MERCHANTS WHO SUPPORT MGO AND THE FNRA. (FNRA is the FOUNDATION which gives back at least 50% of the money raised in grants throughout the state. Nationwide 70% goes to youth programs to pass on our heritage and defense of freedom.)

Odds last night were 1 gun for every 8 in attendence: If you weren't there make plans NOW to attend next year:

Tentative date is mid April, 2012 with even MORE guns to come.

If anyone wants to help next year, has suggestions to improve the evening, or would like to donate or sponsor next year PLEASE pm myself, Barrettone Johnzilla or Utpd#5. THANK YOU to each and everyone who attended!:ar15:

wwjmaj
05-15-2011, 07:07 AM
NickS did NOT win the 100th anniversary Colt 1911 Special Edition....but he did win another and was still grinning when we dragged out after clean up and preliminary settlement last night!

johnzilla
05-15-2011, 07:19 AM
NickS did NOT win the 100th anniversary Colt 1911 Special Edition....but he did win another and was still grinning when we dragged out after clean up and preliminary settlement last night!

Dang, I didn't even see that Colt! Yet another gun to add to the list of guns we wanted someone to take home!

I also forgot to mention that there was a raffle for a chance to win a Thompson...its a national raffle with only one raffle ticket per banquet allowed.

UTPD#5
05-15-2011, 08:39 AM
THANK YOU to LCSA Members, MGO Members, FNRA Committee Members, my friends and to all attendees of the MGO/LCSA FNRA Banquet last night. we raised TEN times the amount we did last year! We increased attendance by about 2/3's and had a great time! I appreciate all of your help!

NickS
05-15-2011, 09:39 AM
I want to add my thanks and appreciation to all who helped make this banquet the success that it was. This has to be the best one yet. Knowing what went on behind the scenes made me appreciate it even more. A lot of hard work by all.

Even though I tried to win that NRA Gun of the year, I'll settle for the Kimber .45. And I did hear the sighs when I won it! Who said again?

Thanks again to all who came out and to those that didn't, you missed one heck of an event!