PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Going Hunting?

Brian
11-09-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm off to the U.P. this Saturday for a week of Deer hunting. A friend owns Forty achres near Republic and I have a camper there. It'll be nice to get out of the "city" for a few days. Anyone else traveling this year? At least the gas prices came down a little.

ANIMAL
11-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Too warm to get the deer moving down here. almost 80 today. supposed to be cooling down soon. somewhere around 60. Had a deer heart given to me by a client the other day. man was that good. He has also offered to take my son and myself out hunting when season opens for rifle on the 19th.

Good luck Brian and have a good Veterans day.

Same to all the VETS and Thanks :flag: :di: :army:
And who can forget the marines prime rib. :spam:

not snubbin the Air force and Navy. just no smilies for em.

Autumnlovr
11-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Oh Yeah! ....leaving right from work Friday for a week in Oscoda. Got a great scrape/rub line all scoped out. Been seeing lots of bucks during archery but most have been out of bow range so I'm really looking forward to breaking in the G2-Contender. Good luck to you Brian. And, I won't be at the Widow's Shoot Fiddler, but have a great time. BTW, how do you make target stew? :o

BA
11-10-2005, 08:08 AM
Yes, Sir. Heading up Saturday AM for a week. Good Luck and Be Safe to all.

BA

GMAN12
11-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Heading to Midland county, Sunday am, for about a week.

msbcomputer
11-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Saturday morning for a week near black lake. I unfortunely will be hunting next to my car due to a back condition so my chances are less than 20%. I hope my brother and 2 nephews do well and it's always a good time.
Be carefull out folks and have a good time!!
MSB

Maranatha
11-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm going up near the bridge but can't get out of town till Thursday night.

I hate having opening day in the middle of the week.

goldwing2000
11-10-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm going north but not for hunting. Spending the weekend in Boyne Falls with the girlie. :thumbup:

appliancebrad
11-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Pam, Jordan and I will be hunting our property here at home. It's jordan's 2nd year and he's looking for horns. Pam and I will be content with whatever comes down the trail.

Good luck everyone and be safe.

Brian
11-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks Animal, good luck on the 19th.

Everyone be safe, shoot well and enjoy the cooking afterwords.

Freetime
11-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Leaving Sunday morning for Lake George area. Hope I'm as lucky as last season!! Good luck to everyone and be safe, ENJOY!!!

sprink
11-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Good luck and stay safe!

I had to bow out of this year's "up north" hunt. Bummer because this year is a rimmed cartridge only hunt. Out of town guy was going to be borrowing a 35 remington, so to be fair we were all going 30/30 iron sights etc.

I'll have to settle for corn fed venison from Ingham County over Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe I'll keep the spirit and hunt with my .44 . Course a 12 gauge is pretty old and rimmed.

Fiddler
11-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Oh Yeah! ....leaving right from work Friday for a week in Oscoda. Got a great scrape/rub line all scoped out. Been seeing lots of bucks during archery but most have been out of bow range so I'm really looking forward to breaking in the G2-Contender. Good luck to you Brian. And, I won't be at the Widow's Shoot Fiddler, but have a great time. BTW, how do you make target stew? :o

Thanks, Lauren. It looks like we're going to get a great turnout at Widows' shoot! I figured you'd be out for opening day. I wouldn't expect any less!Best of luck to you! Maybe you can make it out for the December shoot.

As for stew, I'm hoping to get out later in the season. My slug gun is all ready to go.

Best of luck everyone!

paddy
11-11-2005, 06:03 AM
Going up to Mio on Saturday.
Back home on Thursday.

ltdave
11-11-2005, 08:23 PM
no hunting for me this year...

burned a week of vacation at camp perry in august and taking 2 weeks following the christmas/new year shutdown at chrysler to go to Denmark with my wife, daughter and parents to see my in-laws and to take a small cruise up to Oslo...

i usually go tramping around the woods near vanderbilt/wolverine. not many deer up there that ive seen. i got a doe in 01, another hunter in camp got a doe in 02 and another got a doe in 03...

i got an 8 point off wadhams road in fort gratiot last year with my truck...

david

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/ltdave/deer2.jpg

GLOCKME
11-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Hunting in Osceola county,as always opening day!!

Hunt with 2 of my Bros and a Bro-in-law and a new hunter this year being a Great Nephew of mine..

Gotta have new hunters!!

The "old" ones have a hard time dragging out!!:)

Good hunting all, and may a "Turty Pointer" walk into your sites!!

Brenden