PDA

View Full Version : fly fishing help!

quigleyman
04-04-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm looking to get into fly fishing but I've never done it and don't know anyone personally who has. I 've read up on it and I think I understand the equipment well enough to get started. I need help with the flies themselves....I don't understand any of that whole subject.

The other thing I have to ask is....What is a good rod or combo for someone who is literally broke. I would like something packable. I've looked at white river and eagle claw graphite pack rods, but I can't quite afford them at the moment. (gonna be about $75) Does anyone have experience with the eagle claw pack it? It is a fiberglass rod and I'm wondering a how a fiberglass fly rod performs. Fiberglass is CHEAP...what can you guys tell me about fiberglass rods? Are they worth it? (I understand that fly rods and casting performance is a fairly subjective thing)

One last question....I'm not trying to offend ANYONE at all with this btw...if companies produce spin/fly combos on the same rod then why can't I just buy a fly reel and put it on one of my really nice, sensitive graphite spinning rods? It will be a little heavier, and slightly shorter, but wouldn't it work, if at least well enough to learn the sport and get started?

Thanks guys (don't roast me on this one)

quigleyman
04-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I can't afford it at the moment but I have also read some very good things about the Cabelas Cahill combo....spooled and everything for about $50. Everyone seems to like it alot.

Its just a bit on the long side for packing....doable, but long.

pkuptruck
04-05-2011, 03:47 AM
check out www.multilakes.com

they are putting on a fly fishing class ( really soon) and it would help you out a ton with your questions/etc...

call Barry... or look up the class

Buzzcat
04-05-2011, 06:38 AM
I'm sure it can be done one way or another, but I've never heard of anyone getting into fly fishing "cheaply". Or if they do, then costs escalate quickly with upgrades and additional gear. I'd consider haunting the local pawn shops or craigslist to see what you can find used.

Regarding the flies, I'm no expert, but the general trick is to match the look of the fly with the look of whatever your target fish happens to be feeding on at the time. Some fish are more finicky about well you acomplish this. There are also "wet flies" and "dry flies"... wet flies sink and dry flies float on top.

nate132004
04-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I fly fish for bluegills in the summer when there on their beds. Its a blast. I got a newer rod you can have for 25-30 $. Nothing to special but its a start. I can get some pics and specs in a few days when I find all my fishing stuff....

quigleyman
04-05-2011, 04:41 PM
check out www.multilakes.com

they are putting on a fly fishing class ( really soon) and it would help you out a ton with your questions/etc...

call Barry... or look up the class

I am planning on taking the class at bass pro shops in june, but I will most definitely look that up, thank you.

quigleyman
04-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I fly fish for bluegills in the summer when there on their beds. Its a blast. I got a newer rod you can have for 25-30 $. Nothing to special but its a start. I can get some pics and specs in a few days when I find all my fishing stuff....

Thanks man, I'd like to see what you have when you get the chance.

quigleyman
04-05-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm sure it can be done one way or another, but I've never heard of anyone getting into fly fishing "cheaply". Or if they do, then costs escalate quickly with upgrades and additional gear. I'd consider haunting the local pawn shops or craigslist to see what you can find used.

Regarding the flies, I'm no expert, but the general trick is to match the look of the fly with the look of whatever your target fish happens to be feeding on at the time. Some fish are more finicky about well you acomplish this. There are also "wet flies" and "dry flies"... wet flies sink and dry flies float on top.

I haven't checked any pawn shops, but have looked around all over the internet on craigslist and ebay and nobody sells these things! As far as flies go, thats about what I understand of them. Do you know anything more specific?

Can anybody tell me about their actual experiences with fiberglass rods, and how they perform in relation to the cheaper graphite ones????

miller
04-05-2011, 05:52 PM
For bluegill foam spiders and small poppers are a lot of fun and easy to start with. Good luck

Buzzcat
04-05-2011, 06:38 PM
As far as flies go, thats about what I understand of them. Do you know anything more specific?

Nope, that's about it, except that one can spend another butt-load of money for the gear and feathers and furs to tie their own flies. :lol:

shurhouse
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm looking to get into fly fishing but I've never done it and don't know anyone personally who has. I 've read up on it and I think I understand the equipment well enough to get started. I need help with the flies themselves....I don't understand any of that whole subject.

Flies - imitations of insects in, on or above the water. Insects go from stages on the bottom, change as they rise to the surface and change again as they fly away. The goal is to figure out on what insect the fish are feeding, at what stage their feeding on them and the size their feeding on. After that it's "a piece of cake".

The other thing I have to ask is....What is a good rod or combo for someone who is literally broke. I would like something packable. I've looked at white river and eagle claw graphite pack rods, but I can't quite afford them at the moment. (gonna be about $75) Does anyone have experience with the eagle claw pack it? It is a fiberglass rod and I'm wondering a how a fiberglass fly rod performs. Fiberglass is CHEAP...what can you guys tell me about fiberglass rods? Are they worth it? (I understand that fly rods and casting performance is a fairly subjective thing)

I would suggest for starting out to stay away from a pack pole. They are not newbie friendly when it comes to casting.
For starters, a fiberglass rod is just fine. Get the best you can afford and get the right length rod. 7' -8' for something small like the AuSable, 8'-9" for the larger steams like the Manistee. Reel, you don't need anything expense, it just holds the line. A good double taper floating line, with a backer, that matches the line weight of the rod.

One last question....I'm not trying to offend ANYONE at all with this btw...if companies produce spin/fly combos on the same rod then why can't I just buy a fly reel and put it on one of my really nice, sensitive graphite spinning rods? It will be a little heavier, and slightly shorter, but wouldn't it work, if at least well enough to learn the sport and get started?

The loading of the line on the rod when casting is what makes the different. A spinning rod does not a fly rod make.

One of the most personal rewarding sports you can enjoy. There's just something about being on a beautiful river in the evening, listening to the fish feed, the day coming to a close and the adventure that awaits you. Hope you find that inter joy called fly fishing.

fbuckner
04-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Oooohh Rodney I didnt know you were such a romantic my heart skipped a beat.:lol:

who dat
04-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I started fly fishing for gills and perch on a cane pole out of a wooden rowboat my grandfather built. We used little floating popper bobbers and dragged the fly behind it...lots of action and lots of fun.

After that, my dad got me a Mitchell 300 open face spinning reel. We put that on some kind of pole...whatever was available in the late 50s and flyfished with that. Later when I started fishing trout out west, I used the Mitchell on fiberglass poles from 5 to 8 feet long, pack rods or 2 piece. Didn't matter...we were flyfishing.

Later I went to the traditional fly rod, fly reel setup. I think the first one came from Gart Brothers in Denver. Cost $29.95 for the rod, reel and line and came with a fly fishing class on the South Platte River. Much to my surprise it was taught by a guide from Michigan...he even said Michigan was one of the best trout fishing states in the country.

This was the turning point...you can start simply and turn into a total fly fishing pro, or you can still have good cheap fun. You can learn about the "hatch" or you can fly fish with crawlers. You can tie your own (IMO not worth it), or you can buy hand tied flies for pennies on Ebay or Craigs List.

There is a happy medium and the price of your equipment doesn't make you a better fisherman. I've seen guys with $1,000 rods get skunked on the river and handliners pull in 10 pound steelhead.

I fish Orvis or Eagle Claw graphite rods with Orvis or Martin reels. They both fish well and the biggest difference is the price. My most expensive rod is a Bristol bamboo. I'd rather fish the Eagle Claw.

Buy something from Orvis, Gander, or Cabela's mail order. It doesn't matter what, you'll get on a mailing list and get more information from them about product, technique, places to fish, what to use, what you have to have and on and on. Google flyfishing in Michigan...be ready to spend days reading.

The point is that flyfishing can be done by anyone for as much or as little as you want to spend. As shurhouse so eloquently said, "One of the most personal rewarding sports you can enjoy. There's just something about being on a beautiful river in the evening, listening to the fish feed, the day coming to a close and the adventure that awaits you. Hope you find that inter joy called fly fishing."

There is nothing better than standing in the middle of a river with or without a pole in any season experiencing the experience.

I've not found anything better. Do it.

hendo
04-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Tip one use a really small lure 'cause flys have really small mouths :mrgreen:

Tip 2, this is the important one use honey not vinegar lol

sorry I couldn't resist.

quigleyman
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks a lot guys. My wife took pity on my frustrated search and told me to get a rod, so I went with the cabelas cahill combo which was on sale for $50. I got the 6 weight rod(trying to cover all my species/bases with one rod). It comes pre backed, pre spooled and includes one leader.

Not too bad for a graphite rod. Everybody says good things about it.

I am also slowly learning about flies. I started finding all the hatch charts online. They are helpful, but I haven't found any for michigan, so I am going to cross reference all the surrounding states I've found ( like PA for example) to build my basic fly box. experience should kick in after a while and Ill do okay once I get a few under my belt.

So I do have some more questions though....I understand leaders no problem. What about tippets? I know what they are, but can I make them out of my regular mono, or do I need the special mono/florocarbon tippet material?

Thanks again.

SuperSeal110
04-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Watch some Youtube videos on fly casting...ect, it'll help you out.

Here's some links for some fly charts for Michigan.

http://www.ausableangler.com/ausable_hatchchart.htm

http://www.trailstotrout.com/mihatch.html

quigleyman
04-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Watch some Youtube videos on fly casting...ect, it'll help you out.

Here's some links for some fly charts for Michigan.

http://www.ausableangler.com/ausable_hatchchart.htm

http://www.trailstotrout.com/mihatch.html

Thanks for the links. I'm beginning to find some michigan charts, but they are few.

who dat
04-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the links. I'm beginning to find some michigan charts, but they are few.Learn about nymphs, specifically bead headed ones. I catch way more trout on those than regular flies.

Toledo Kid
04-08-2011, 04:58 PM
You will catch more trout with a nymph or wet fly then any dry fly created. Gold beaded nymph's are killers in the middle of the hot summer. But you will spook the fish with your presentation also. Laying that nymph/fly in and over logs or on top of the water is the secret. The better the rod the softer the present.
3rd gen fly fisher here and I have 45yrs experience, my father has 65yrs. We both were taught by my grand pap which had 85 yrs as he died at 96 years old.

Some one interested in a good 8ft 5/6 rod brand new in the tube. I have one for sale in the market place. Very nice Cortland that is well balanced. If you know fly fishing you know Cortland stuff.
I bought it for my daughter as a starter. She never had time to even lace it up. Now she is in college.

quigleyman
04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
You will catch more trout with a nymph or wet fly then any dry fly created. Gold beaded nymph's are killers in the middle of the hot summer. But you will spook the fish with your presentation also. Laying that nymph/fly in and over logs or on top of the water is the secret. The better the rod the softer the present.
3rd gen fly fisher here and I have 45yrs experience, my father has 65yrs. We both were taught by my grand pap which had 85 yrs as he died at 96 years old.

Some one interested in a good 8ft 5/6 rod brand new in the tube. I have one for sale in the market place. Very nice Cortland that is well balanced. If you know fly fishing you know Cortland stuff.
I bought it for my daughter as a starter. She never had time to even lace it up. Now she is in college.

Now that is some solid advice. Ive heard that fishing nymphs can be difficult,though. What do I need to know to pull that off? Should I get a strike indicator? If so, what type/which one?

Toledo Kid
04-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Now that is some solid advice. Ive heard that fishing nymphs can be difficult,though. What do I need to know to pull that off? Should I get a strike indicator? If so, what type/which one?Patience, Stealth and Experience.
I have never used a float/strike indicator in my life. I can feel the fly rolling over the bottom through the line and the rod. Its all about practice and your equipment. And I am not saying got out and buy a $700 Sage or Winston.
As Shurhouse said....Experience the experience.. In turn the better you get.
You cannot understand it reading books or watching tv videos. Learn to tie the smallest of tippets to leaders. Watch for rises, bug hatches, temperatures and fish at night. Learn to tie your own flies if you can. I never learned and now my hands ache too much to start. I used to watch my grand pap tie one up in the middle of a river of a bug he caught that very moment if you can believe that. So try and learn that too.
Too bad Rusty Gates is not alive still. He could chew your ear off like my father & grand pap about that AuSable river. Never the less you can still go down to his old place and have a cup of joe with the folks on Stephan bridge road in Grayling. http://www.gateslodge.com/ Or talk to them guys in Old AuSable Fly Shop in downtown. I am sure they all can get you started.

Hang out here and maybe join>>> http://www.ausableanglers.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1

Here is a place everyone should visit>>> http://www.graylingfishhatchery.com/fishhatchery.htm

quigleyman
04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Patience, Stealth and Experience.
I have never used a float/strike indicator in my life. I can feel the fly rolling over the bottom through the line and the rod. Its all about practice and your equipment. And I am not saying got out and buy a $700 Sage or Winston.
As Shurhouse said....Experience the experience.. In turn the better you get.
You cannot understand it reading books or watching tv videos. Learn to tie the smallest of tippets to leaders. Watch for rises, bug hatches, temperatures and fish at night. Learn to tie your own flies if you can. I never learned and now my hands ache too much to start. I used to watch my grand pap tie one up in the middle of a river of a bug he caught that very moment if you can believe that. So try and learn that too.
Too bad Rusty Gates is not alive still. He could chew your ear off like my father & grand pap about that AuSable river. Never the less you can still go down to his old place and have a cup of joe with the folks on Stephan bridge road in Grayling. http://www.gateslodge.com/ Or talk to them guys in Old AuSable Fly Shop in downtown. I am sure they all can get you started.

Hang out here and maybe join>>> http://www.ausableanglers.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1

Here is a place everyone should visit>>> http://www.graylingfishhatchery.com/fishhatchery.htm

Wow. Thanks again. Very solid.

I have another question for you guys. As I am a light weight backpacker, what do you suggest for a pack case? The standard ones you buy are PVC/nylon and are made more for airline/car travel. PVC is 100X too heavy and slightly overkill. I am considering using florescent light tube, but its just a fraction too weak imo. Is there something just a tiny bit stronger, but still that lightweight?

I normally pack an emmrod packrod spinn which is AMAZING for the backcountry and tough as a bear too. I just need to figure out how to save my flyrod while bushwhacking.

quigleyman
04-19-2011, 08:51 PM
So I picked up a few really cheap flies hoping to gain some experience with bass/ panfish. I got a pair of foam spiders, a pair of ants, and the cheap woolly buggers looked pretty decent so I got a pack of them as well. I'm just trying to get the most for my money on these things cause they are sooooo expensive.

I'd like to get a few worms (san juan, blood, earth, and inch) some scuds and some nymphs. Can someone explain more about nymphs to me? And what are copper johns?

I also assembled a rod case out of a light tube, but Im not happy with it. I want something just a little bit stronger....any suggestions?

shurhouse
04-20-2011, 04:38 AM
fly fishing with nymphs:

http://www.flyfishinggear.info/how_to/nymph-fishing-challenges.shtm

quigleyman
04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
fly fishing with nymphs:

http://www.flyfishinggear.info/how_to/nymph-fishing-challenges.shtm

Great article. I learned much, thank you

SuperSeal110
04-20-2011, 10:07 PM
So I picked up a few really cheap flies hoping to gain some experience with bass/ panfish. I got a pair of foam spiders, a pair of ants, and the cheap woolly buggers looked pretty decent so I got a pack of them as well. I'm just trying to get the most for my money on these things cause they are sooooo expensive.

I'd like to get a few worms (san juan, blood, earth, and inch) some scuds and some nymphs. Can someone explain more about nymphs to me? And what are copper johns?

I also assembled a rod case out of a light tube, but Im not happy with it. I want something just a little bit stronger....any suggestions?

Check out www.theflyshop.com

Flies are priced right and cheap shipping. I have an order for almost $50 I'm going to send off in a few days.

I caught a handful of these rainbows last week when the weather was nice. I was fishing a lake that's open year round for trout. There was a HUGE midge hatch and the bows were gorging themselves. I was running a Sage TXL 00wt with a Sage 3100 with #18-20 griffifth Gnat.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m39/SuperSeal110/DSC_0937.jpg

Roadie
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Practice, practice, practice your casting technique and accuracy. Especially important when river fishing for trout. All the knowledge and gear in the world will not help much unless you can lightly lay that fly in the exact right spot.

quigleyman
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Check out www.theflyshop.com

Flies are priced right and cheap shipping. I have an order for almost $50 I'm going to send off in a few days.

I caught a handful of these rainbows last week when the weather was nice. I was fishing a lake that's open year round for trout. There was a HUGE midge hatch and the bows were gorging themselves. I was running a Sage TXL 00wt with a Sage 3100 with #18-20 griffifth Gnat.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m39/SuperSeal110/DSC_0937.jpg

Very Nice! Looks like fun.

quigleyman
04-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Practice, practice, practice your casting technique and accuracy. Especially important when river fishing for trout. All the knowledge and gear in the world will not help much unless you can lightly lay that fly in the exact right spot.

I tied on a foam spider and practiced in the back yard for about 30 minutes. I'm getting comfortable with it. I picked up the side arm or roll cast fairly naturally, but I am struggling with the overhead cast a bit. I follow the line a lot better visually with the sidearm cast. I do struggle with casting and letting out the additional stripped line for long casts. I just can't make that work quite right.

Roadie
04-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Cool. The overhead cast is largely a matter of "feel", and takes some practice, but it is a must have skill for river fishing. Keep in mind that overhanging branches, fallen trees, etc. in the river will force you to use various casts, depending on the situation. Good luck. There is nothing like the excitement and anticipation you feel when you first put on the waders and step into the stream!

who dat
04-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Patience, Stealth and Experience.
As who dat said....Experience the experience.. In turn the better you get.

Fixed it.

Billetproof
04-23-2011, 10:21 AM
You could try Cabele's on Thursdays;
Cabela's Fly Casting Classes Thursdays,
April 28, May 12,
May 26, June 2 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Lake Cabela Outside The Store Hide Details
Join Cabela’s fly fishing expert Bill Hultz for a class on the basics of fly fishing. Equipment provided or you can bring your own. Minimum age is 12 years old. Seminars are held weather permitting and subject to cancellation or change without notice. For more information or to make reservations, please call Cabela’s Dundee at 734-529-4700 ext. 8112

flytyercurt
04-24-2011, 01:04 PM

I dont want to talk you out of flyfishing in any way... but, I started flyfishing just like you are talking about 15 years ago. I also didn't have any money and I tried to do everything as cheap as possible. I soon found out that you need a rod ($50.00 for very cheap-$750.00 very nice), reel ($10.00 cheap used-$1000.00 for a very nice one), line $30.00 cheap floating line-$130.00 nice shooting head with multiple heads. then you will need waders ($30.00 for cheap rubber waders with rubber bootfoot and no felt soles from meijers-$600.00 for a great pair of simms goretex breatheable. boots $30.00 for cheap canvas-$125.00 nice simms, orvis, choata leather or synthetic felt sole (helps you from slipping on rocks in fast water). You will need a bag or vest ($), good polarized glasses($), fly boxes, nippers, various streamside tools ($)..., Then You will start tying your own flies... This is where the real money is spent... vice, scissors, light, hooks, feahers, fur, beads, hackle....
($K) . cheap is not always best. using cheap equiptment can cause you to become frustrated unnessecarily. good equiptment is worth the money. If I were in your shoes, I would find someone with some experience, and some extra equiptment who could take you and see if you enjoy the sport before you commit to buying a bunch of stuff you dont need. as for the spinning rod vs the flyrod.... A spinning rod uses the weight of the lure or bait/bobber/ sinkers to cast the line. the flyrod uses the weight of the line to cast the fly (or lure). They are 2 completly differnt tools. I hope I dont discourage you.... flyfishing is the one thing I have done as a hobby that has become a way of life. I hope you find it to be equally enjoyable. good luck and hope to see you streamside...

Toledo Kid
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Fixed it.Pardon me I stand corrected. ;)

Toledo Kid
04-24-2011, 04:01 PM
I dont want to talk you out of flyfishing in any way... but, I started flyfishing just like you are talking about 15 years ago. I also didn't have any money and I tried to do everything as cheap as possible. I soon found out that you need a rod ($50.00 for very cheap-$750.00 very nice), reel ($10.00 cheap used-$1000.00 for a very nice one), line $30.00 cheap floating line-$130.00 nice shooting head with multiple heads. then you will need waders ($30.00 for cheap rubber waders with rubber bootfoot and no felt soles from meijers-$600.00 for a great pair of simms goretex breatheable. boots $30.00 for cheap canvas-$125.00 nice simms, orvis, choata leather or synthetic felt sole (helps you from slipping on rocks in fast water). You will need a bag or vest ($), good polarized glasses($), fly boxes, nippers, various streamside tools ($)..., Then You will start tying your own flies... This is where the real money is spent... vice, scissors, light, hooks, feahers, fur, beads, hackle....
($K) . cheap is not always best. using cheap equiptment can cause you to become frustrated unnessecarily. good equiptment is worth the money. If I were in your shoes, I would find someone with some experience, and some extra equiptment who could take you and see if you enjoy the sport before you commit to buying a bunch of stuff you dont need. as for the spinning rod vs the flyrod.... A spinning rod uses the weight of the lure or bait/bobber/ sinkers to cast the line. the flyrod uses the weight of the line to cast the fly (or lure). They are 2 completly differnt tools. I hope I dont discourage you.... flyfishing is the one thing I have done as a hobby that has become a way of life. I hope you find it to be equally enjoyable. good luck and hope to see you streamside...Whens the last time you bought a Hot Rod or a Race Car?? Harley??? Bass Boat and gear??? Ham Radio??? How about even raising children???

Nothing is cheap... some tools are better then others but in this case I would weld technique over tools.

Again you don't need a Orvis Bamboo, Sage, G.Loomis, Winston blah blah blah to go have some fun to see if you in deed enjoy the sport.

flytyercurt
04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Whens the last time you bought a Hot Rod or a Race Car?? Harley??? Bass Boat and gear??? Ham Radio??? How about even raising children???

Nothing is cheap... some tools are better then others but in this case I would weld technique over tools.

Again you don't need a Orvis Bamboo, Sage, G.Loomis, Winston blah blah blah to go have some fun to see if you in deed enjoy the sport.
oh. ok

Roadie
04-26-2011, 08:19 AM
($K) . cheap is not always best. using cheap equiptment can cause you to become frustrated unnessecarily. good equiptment is worth the money. If I were in your shoes, I would find someone with some experience, and some extra equiptment who could take you and see if you enjoy the sport before you commit to buying a bunch of stuff you dont need. as for the spinning rod vs the flyrod.... A spinning rod uses the weight of the lure or bait/bobber/ sinkers to cast the line. the flyrod uses the weight of the line to cast the fly (or lure). They are 2 completly differnt tools. I hope I dont discourage you.... flyfishing is the one thing I have done as a hobby that has become a way of life. I hope you find it to be equally enjoyable. good luck and hope to see you streamside...

Well, a good quality rod, line and leader are definitely worth spending a few extra bucks. You don't wanna chintz there. All that other stuff can be done at an economy level, without any big deal. You don't really have to buy tying equipment, fancy vests and waders, etc to enjoy the sport. Hell, I've waded rivers with just shorts and old tennis shoes, had a good time and caught some whoppers.

04-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Cheapo fly tieing vise:

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/readerscast/rc161.php

Ruger
04-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Me and a few of the kids are heading North for the opener this Saturday.

Spent $100 at Gander today and hardly filled the bag. Fly fishing has been something I was never really very good at but I make a consorted effort and if I get frustrated I just pick up the open faced spincast rod and throw Rooster Tails at them.

Ruger
04-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Cheapo fly tieing vise:

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/readerscast/rc161.php

Ya gotta love a guy that's willing to ruin a cast iron pan to make a fly vise! :biggrin:

Passthru
05-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I haven't read the whole thread so sorry in advance if I repeat but Orvis make a great book that explains the whole fly fishing sport and its equipment. Called the Orvis Fly Fishing Guide. Awesome book.

Jay