PDA

View Full Version : Possible Pistol Purchase

gltucker
04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
So a co-worker has a pistol I maybe purchasing. He assures me it's registered (concerned because it's a 1911 from WWII, holster and mags too). Now I think he has his CPL, but I don't.

I've purchased a pistol from dealer but never a private individual. I know I need a purchase permit, but how does the process work comparative to the process I went through with the dealer. Now I also moved to Bay County, I moved about 8mths ago. Does that have any bearing on obtaining a purchase permit? Where would you get one in Bay County?

nitrous_bob
04-11-2011, 07:11 PM
the pp comes from your local police or county sheriff if you do not have local police

the process is simple... get the pp and buy the gun. you'll have 4 copies.... 1 for you, 1 for the seller and 2 go back to the po-po

you just dont need to bother with ANOTHER background check after you get your PP

BWHaas
04-11-2011, 09:28 PM
the pp comes from your local police or county sheriff if you do not have local police

the process is simple... get the pp and buy the gun. you'll have 4 copies.... 1 for you, 1 for the seller and 2 go back to the po-po

you just dont need to bother with ANOTHER background check after you get your PP
Nuff said. Sounds like a cool purchase.

pistoltraining
04-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Everything Bob said is accurate. My only additional comment is you have to do the transfer, or return the Purchase Permit within 10 days. It sounds like a great purchage for the 100 year anniversary of the 1911. Congrad.

So a co-worker has a pistol I maybe purchasing. He assures me it's registered (concerned because it's a 1911 from WWII, holster and mags too). Now I think he has his CPL, but I don't.

I've purchased a pistol from dealer but never a private individual. I know I need a purchase permit, but how does the process work comparative to the process I went through with the dealer. Now I also moved to Bay County, I moved about 8mths ago. Does that have any bearing on obtaining a purchase permit? Where would you get one in Bay County?