PDA

View Full Version : Armed girl wounded in botched heist at video store

Knimrod
12-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Armed girl wounded in botched heist at video store
Lindsey Collom
The Arizona Republic
Dec. 7, 2005 12:00 AM

A 16-year-old girl is in the hospital after being shot during a botched robbery at a video store.

Police said the girl demanded cash from the register while pointing a small-caliber handgun at a Hollywood Video clerk and three patrons Monday night.

The Arizona Republic is not identifying her because she is a juvenile.

Witnesses told police that one of the customers, who had a concealed-weapons permit, fired several rounds when the girl pointed a gun at him. She was struck twice and fled the store at 1950 W. Indian School Road.

Police said the girl got into a white Honda and was driven to an apartment in the 4300 block of North 19th Avenue, where a resident called 911 for help.

She was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center for non-life-threatening wounds. On Tuesday, the girl was booked into the jail ward at Maricopa Medical Center on suspicion of armed robbery and four counts of aggravated assault.

Authorities want to speak with Donyetta Braxton, 24, whom police consider an investigative lead. She was last seen driving a white Honda Del Sol. Anyone with information is asked to call 911.

Link to story (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1207PHXvideo.html)

enfield
12-08-2005, 10:09 AM
It worked out OK, but he missed.

goldwing2000
12-08-2005, 12:49 PM
She was struck twice and fled the store at 1950 W. Indian School Road.

Dang... I know right where that is! :shock:

Knimrod
12-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Deadly threats can come in all sizes and forms. A young girl with bad intentions can be every bit as deadly as a large man with bad intentions. I have to admit.. I had never considered having to defend myself against a young girl with a gun... It does give one...pause.

fbuckner
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
that it does that it does