PDA

View Full Version : Another Permit Question

M&P15
04-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm just wondering if you have to take the pistol purchase permit True/False test each time to apply for a permit.

esq_stu
04-24-2011, 06:09 PM
AFAIK, just once.

M&P15
04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks.

ranttrmike
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
I have applied for 5 now in Midland, and had to take it each time.

I don't know what others do, but thats Midlands way.

Kratos
04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
every time in Zeeland

Jim Rund
04-25-2011, 03:28 AM
When I was in Saline it was every time

Leader
04-25-2011, 05:23 AM
Everytime in Livingston county.

Ol` Joe
04-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Genessee too

maustin195
04-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Washtenaw every time also.

Eurotour
04-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Every time in Grand Rapids. I think it gets filed with your paperwork.

Tallbear
04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
(3) The commissioner or chief of police of a city, township, or village police department that issues licenses to purchase, carry, possess, or transport pistols, or his or her duly authorized deputy, or the sheriff or his or her duly authorized deputy, in the parts of a county not included within a city, township, or village having an organized police department, in discharging the duty to issue licenses shall with due speed and diligence issue licenses to purchase, carry, possess, or transport pistols to qualified applicants residing within the city, village, township, or county, as applicable unless he or she has probable cause to believe that the applicant would be a threat to himself or herself or to other individuals, or would commit an offense with the pistol that would violate a law of this or another state or of the United States. An applicant is qualified if all of the following circumstances exist:
(a) The person is not subject to an order or disposition for which he or she has received notice and an opportunity for a hearing, and which was entered into the law enforcement information network pursuant to any of the following:

(i) The person correctly answers 70% or more of the questions on a basic pistol safety review questionnaire approved by the department of state police and provided to the individual free of charge by the licensing authority. If the person fails to correctly answer 70% or more of the questions on the basic pistol safety review questionnaire, the licensing authority shall inform the person of the questions he or she answered incorrectly and allow the person to attempt to complete another basic pistol safety review questionnaire. The person shall not be allowed to attempt to complete more than 2 basic pistol safety review questionnaires on any single day. The licensing authority shall allow the person to attempt to complete the questionnaire during normal
business hours on the day the person applies for his or her license.

jeffegg2
04-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Has anyone actually not passed the test? Or even the second time after being told the answers???
:freak: :scramble: :bdaysmile:

If a blind guy applies, will they read the test to them?

M&P15
04-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Has anyone actually not passed the test? Or even the second time after being told the answers???
:freak: :scramble: :bdaysmile:

If a blind guy applies, will they read the test to them?

I know I missed one but I can't remember the question. The clerk said most people miss that it. Anyone know which one I am talking about? I think it's worded a little funny.

who dat
04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I know I missed one but I can't remember the question. The clerk said most people miss that it. Anyone know which one I am talking about? I think it's worded a little funny.
Probably the one about reporting a gun stolen or missing.

jmartin
04-26-2011, 12:22 AM
All 3 times in St. Clair County....at least until I got my CPL:mg:

ranttrmike
04-26-2011, 05:00 AM
Probably the one about reporting a gun stolen or missing.

I agree, I got that one wrong once.

Eurotour
04-26-2011, 08:45 AM

I missed the one about which form a CPL holder purchasing a gun has to fill out. Now that I think about it, why is there any reason for a question like this to be on a test taken by people WITHOUT a CPL :troutslap:

cwo4uscgret
04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Everytime in Port Huron.

ranttrmike
04-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I missed the one about which form a CPL holder purchasing a gun has to fill out. Now that I think about it, why is there any reason for a question like this to be on a test taken by people WITHOUT a CPL :troutslap:
In case you go to sell the gun you just bought with that permit to a CPL holder.